IT Female CEO - Why I Don't Hire Women Anymore

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Nobert, Aug 8, 2022.

1. Nobert

Nobert

Watched until guy started to speak, the lady said it all.

murray t turtle likes this.
  2. Snuskpelle

Snuskpelle

I imagine this is very dependent on the country you're in and the culture of the women in that country. For instance, my view for some time was that women can't really work as well as programmers due to their attitudes spending time around screens - but that was based on my experience in my local town when growing up with the girls in my age very dismissive of interacting with tech - and I've later found it does not generalize and had to let go of it.

With that said, yes I've seen (in the game industry) beta males more often accept to be completely asocial lonewolfs programming alone in office at 10 PM when the women have gone home to their boyfriends/husbands. But honestly, they're making a shit trade doing that unless they're < 30 y.o with plenty of time left to form families, and even then it's questionable if it benefits them or just the company. Those kind of people quite often never advance on the career ladder beyond maybe lead programmer, not to mention few companies are unlikely to pay someone 2x because they put in 200% of the work on a fixed contract.

So my interpretation of that video is as the IT CEO being upfront about exploiting young men more than anything.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2022
    beginner66 and Nobert like this.
  3. Millionaire

Millionaire

Just give some hardish programming tests at the interview.
    And continue with candidates that do well.
    Shouldn't matter if they are men or women.

I found 80% of male programmers, who will pass the interview, are lazy on the job or eventually do good work but just take way too long, only 20% are worth the money they get paid.

Women are probably similar. But it is rare finding any women programmers in the first place that will pass the interview and finding one that then works hard on the job will be rarer still.

If you make it easier for women to pass the interview that is just going to make the search for a good female programmer (who performs well on the job) even less likely.

4. Nobert

Nobert

Interesting, didn't even thought this way.

Comments beneath the video, share some stories as well.

5. %%
    Liked 20% of it\which is what i watched . I think she is about 50% right\ not that ''girls are quite lazy usually'' LOL
    However males [she calls boys] do tend to work + look @ work different from females mostly, i look for patterns aywhere
    .. I remember that jack Schwager top trader book \ short seller said she never worked late.Most any man will work late if he loves his work.
    I would NEVER hire a man to sing this[seasonal pattern]; IF not for you the winter would hold no spring\I could not hear the robin sing.
    I just would not have a clue\ if not for you.
    So even if she was bit lazy , maybe not lazy @ all; Olivia Newton john sold 100 million [Universal Music group]

Nobert likes this.
  6. Nine_Ender

Nine_Ender

Not surprising that we are seeing some Eastern European sources pushing this crap. Certainly those who makes these videos or post these threads know their audience and have an agenda.

7. %%
    I wish that was limited to E Europe;
    i watched the last 2 minutes also . I dont blame that woman for asking the cop '' i thought you would not give a cute woman a ticket/LOL'' Sorry lady\ the cop may have had a quota[goal]on tickets.................................................

8. Snuskpelle

Snuskpelle

You're absolutely right. For the record I didn't watch the parts after the CEO speaking as per advice of OP (and since I assumed exactly it was going to push a certain narrative).

My overarching point the personal experiences of people will make them believe weird things. That goes for my earlier self and also that outspoken CEO in video - and maybe even what I wrote, although I should say it is an exact description of what has been going on in game companies the ~decade of my life I was work slaving through there. Women were better at retaining work life balance - the nerd guys let themselves be exploited.

9. %%
    LOL, you look for patterns anywhere like i do. Good thing you are not a cop i guess they would lie call you+ sexist, harsh.
    Even though i only did about 20% = then 20% more of that video ; same pattern =females tend to be harder on females. Or put another way i would rather work with a female[opposite sex] as she did ;
    unless you need to have some one break things or kill people like military + police work.
    Certain exceptions apply; Annie oakly was a good enough shot to do most anything:D:D

10. Nine_Ender

Nine_Ender

I question if the "IT CEO" is fully authentic but I suppose it is possible in certain environments for such a person to carry those attitudes and run kind of a sweat shop of sorts for programmers. Or they are a paid actor hard to say.

#10     Aug 9, 2022