Issue with IB TWS not shutting down!

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by danjuma, Apr 19, 2019.

1. danjuma

danjuma

Hello all. The past couple of days, my TWS has been behaving funny. First I noticed that the data (prices etc.) for stocks were not updating, and will sometimes just show ???, and my excel sheet using RTD excel not working/updating either. When I then try to close down (exit) TWS, it just hangs at the message "Shutdown API..." (picture attached) and I have to close it down via task manager. I have uninstalled and reinstalled various versions of TWS (latest, stable, 32-bit and 64-bit) and API 975.01, but still having the issue. Don't know what else to do now, I am completely stunned! The only other thing to add is that I noticed it about (not saying it is necessarily related) when I installed an excel add-in (Stock-Connector) from microsoft app store (to stream stock prices into my excel sheet, for when I can't get certain prices from TWS into excel, happens sometimes). However, I have disabled this add-in, and even restored my PC to before the add-in installation, but still getting the issue! I just seem to spend more time sorting out issues with programs, websites not connecting, PC issues etc. than actual trading!

• TWS.PNG
      TWS.PNG
      File size:
      6.4 KB
      Views:
  2. FWIW.....I am having trouble with IB Gateway version 972.1s. Screen is all messed-up when it starts up....no GUI is present. Must be shutdown with Windows Task Manager.
    I moved up to version 976....to no avail. Same problem.
    Only thing on the screen is "API Messages" in the upper left corner.
    Once it gets it first API call (from Multicharts), it does appear to go back to normal.
    Wierd.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2019