Is Tom Hougaard the real deal?

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by BartSimpson, Apr 11, 2023.

1. This guy acts like he trades huge size in the markets, wrote a book ('Best Loser Wins'), is big on trading psychology, and the whole thing just stinks of scam.

He's got this site, www.tradertom.com.

Anyone have experience with this guy?

If you can't tell, I'm trying to find someone who actually knows what they're doing, thus my several posts on other educators. Really trying to put the work in and make a go of trading, but currently struggling. Just wondering if anyone out there is honest and actually teaches it or if they are all completely full of shit?

I mean, listen to this shit: https://www.whyp.it/tracks/88167/trading-and-life-philosophy-tom-hougaard?token=dbEip

He spends more time talking about this abstract, new-age nonsense than he actually does trading. What the hell is wrong with people? He sounds like what Xanax would sound like if a drug could speak.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2023
  2. Those who can, do; those who can’t, teach.

3. USDJPY

USDJPY

None of these guys are good. Read the 13F-HR of successful hedge funds, where they list their stock positions. You can do this on EDGAR SEC financial website, or just put the name of the fund in Google along with the term “Holdings Channel”, which is a website that lists a fund’s biggest purchases during the quarter.

My favorite funds to follow are:
    Renaissance Technologies (Jim Simons)
    Point72 (Steve Cohen)
    Duquesne (Stanley Druckenmiller)
    Citadel (Chris Griffin)

Your best bet at success is to back test these guys.

4. SteveM

SteveM

I believe he takes trades in real-time, for all his followers to see, and he does this 100% free of charge......that alone puts him ahead of 99% of trading educators.

Maybe take a look at this link and follow him for a few months, and then you will be able to determine yourself if he is profitable: https://tradertom.com/live-trading/

CA1504, macaw, damnpenguins and 2 others like this.
  5. Fantastic! I never would have thought of this. Thank you very much for this information.

6. Weird how I know this in all other areas of life but tend to give it some lee-way when dealing with trading educators. I guess it speaks for ones desire to succeed and ignore the facts. Thanks for reminding me of the truth.

dingdongw likes this.
  7. USDJPY

USDJPY

It helped me a lot. Follow the billionaires, and not the guy on YouTube.

8. Fair point. Thanks for the link.

9. Ok thanks. So much bad info and people out there that it begins to warp your mind. I'll check out some big funds and go from there. Have a nice rest of your day.

Nobert likes this.
  10. easymon1

easymon1

Sounds like you might know more about trader tom than we do.
    How many trade entries does he trade live per week with immediacy and instruction?

delete.jpg

#10     Apr 11, 2023