Is there any charting software that properly works with IB spread/combo orders.

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by kroon1ke, Oct 13, 2019.

1. kroon1ke

kroon1ke

I am looking for a trading platform/charting software that will be able to chart, show DOM and trade exchange traded (native) futures spreads with Interactive Brokers.

Some examples of spreads I am interested in:
    • VIX Calendar Spreads traded directly at CFE
    • Inter-commodity spreads traded at NYMEX, such as RBOB Gasoline to Brent (RB.BR), Heating Oil to Brent (HO.BR) etc
    I know that its impossible to get proper lvl2/historical data for some futures spreads through IB API, so I am willing to pay for data.

So far I tried Sierra, Medved and Multichars. It seems that all of them would allow me to chart and see DOM for those spreads using IQFeed. But I would still need to execute my orders in TWS. I wonder if there is a better solution.

2. ZBZB

ZBZB

CQG or TT will do it but you have to change brokers.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2019
    MattZ likes this.
  3. ZBZB

ZBZB

Surely if you have a DOM from iqfeed you can still send the order to IB from within the application so you do not have to use TWS? Ninjatrader, motivewave, and Investor RT are also possibilities.

4. ZBZB

ZBZB

5. MattZ

MattZ Sponsor

All the trading software that you mentioned, work with CQG and Rithmic data feeds. They provide historical and execution.

6. MattZ

MattZ Sponsor

Esignal only sends execution as far as I know, but they make customers use their own data which is expensive.

7. ZBZB

ZBZB

It is a lot cheaper than CQG or TT. $165 a month.

8. MattZ

MattZ Sponsor

Neither CQG, RIthmic or TT charge $165 for data per month for the platforms that the OP mentioned and I quoted.

9. ZBZB

ZBZB

How much do CQG or TT charge to chart spreads?

MattZ likes this.
  10. MattZ

MattZ Sponsor

I need to check whether it is done on their platforms or third party as OP mentioned.
    I will post it on Monday. I thought you are just talking in terms of data charge, so you could be right.

#10     Oct 13, 2019