Is there a Charting Site that can Beta Weight Stocks

Discussion in 'Technical Analysis' started by ysettle, Sep 21, 2019.

1. ysettle

ysettle

I like to pair trade and find that often, its not as simple as taking stock A-stock B or even Stock A/ Stock B. that might work for XOM/CVX but if I am looking at 2 banks and one has a beta of 1.25 and the other a beta of .75, then simply looking at most charting packages wont give me a true reflection of the price action

does anyone know a website where I can bring up a chart of Stock A/Stock B but use beta weightings for each stock. For example if both stocks are at 100 and they both go to 102. the stock with the lower beta is out-performing, so I would want to see that reflected on the chart

Thanks in advance

2. themickey

themickey

3. ysettle

ysettle

Thanks but o am looking to chart the ratio of stockA over stock B but beta weighted

4. 25-5 1133 AC, 1170 ANA
    26-5 1170 ANA, 1245 AC
    27-5 1258 AC

5. ysettle

ysettle

Not quite sure how to read that

Anyway, if AAPL had twice the beta of SPY than the chart would theoretically divide AAPL stock price by 2 and would show a chart of Aapl divided by 2 divided by SPY

6. drm7

drm7

You can chart spreads/ratios with any weightings you want on Tradingview.

Just enter 2*SPY/AAPL in the box. It will NOT automatically pull in the beta and chart it, though - you have to manually key in the ratio.

7. ysettle

ysettle

tried Traing View but it didnt give me a ratio it gave me a negative number as if i was subtracting one from the other....is there a specific way to do this????

8. drm7

drm7

If I put AAPL/2*SPY it will give me a ratio. If I put AAPL - 2*SPY it will subtract.

upload_2019-9-22_21-33-29.png

9. ysettle

ysettle

@drm7 Thank you so much - wasnt using the () so was getting bad values......Much appreciated !!!