Is renting really a waste of money?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by fordewind, Sep 14, 2018.

2. MarkBrown

MarkBrown

renting is the smartest thing ever.

1. outdated or run down move
    2. bad neighborhood move
    3. loud noises move
    4. ethnic cooking smells move
    5. wild loud parties move
    6. loud cars move
    7. you get the idea
    also even for the californicators here who think their real estate don't stink.

1. no one wants to add up the taxes they pay
    2. the maintenance and up keep they pay
    3. painting, carpet, fixtures, granite,
    4. yard work taking your time or money
    5. insurance on the structure
    6. it's a friggin money pit and no gains can overcome the reality

fordewind likes this.
  3. One way to look at it is owners who finance are renting money.

4. Renting and trading in a country with a great standard of living, perfect weather, clockwork solar days and a quarter the costs of the US is even smarter.

fordewind likes this.
  5. piezoe

piezoe

There is a certain beauty here. They can actually pay those taxes, upkeep and maintenance. They can hire a gardener and afford insurance. They live in California!

digitalnomad likes this.
  6. Yeah it really sucks that i bought my house in N calif in 2011 for 189K and now it it can sell for 580K with not a cent put into it. taxes <3k/yr

piezoe, Clubber Lang and digitalnomad like this.
  7. MarkBrown

MarkBrown

bullshit i know i lived in cali "puke" so i made a fortune not counting the fortune i paid pin prick at a time. gas is higher, food is higher, laws are intrusive, fruits and nuts everywhere, cost of anything crazy, lack of skilled labor, on and on pure shit state.

Clubber Lang likes this.
  8. MarkBrown

MarkBrown

interest on loan? taxes almost ate up your entire supposed profits fool. upkeep - did you mow the yard? remodel a kitchen, bath or have the same old shitty carpet, wake up. it's this kind of ignorance that keeps people from making money trading. face the facts.

9. poor lil guy, u sound bitter.

10. I bought my first proberty for 40K rubles in 1998.Now it costs 2.5M roubles.Nowadays i`d spend 2.5M even more faster than back in the day 40K.Plus, the utility bills i paid over the years now should be equal the same 2.5M.

Money worth nothing, but property is liability and keeps you as a hostage.

#10     Sep 14, 2018
    MarkBrown likes this.