Home > Community Lounge > Politics > Is mr. market a liar?

Is mr. market a liar?

1. Once and for all.

2. I'm tired of hearing from this spamming idiot.......I've probably made than he ever will....and I'm sick of his "drumming" --must be trying to gather hedge investors as a last ditch attempt to do something. GO AWAY ALREADY.

3. He has a big ego so he doesn't make a good impression. As for his trades, I think other ETers have analyzed them and even though there's big drawdowns, I think he's telling the truth.

If his posts bug me to a point where I can't stand em, then I won't read 'em. But for now, I find his posts and the resulting threads kinda amusing.

4. Look...out of respect for Baron, who politely allowed me to continue posting, I will kindly leave this forum if anyone asks me to go away. I don't want to be a dispruption, I only wanted to share my investment ideas with others.

5. I would ask all Eters to please vote No. My husband does not lie, he's just misunderstood. Now off to the gym I go...my bench press has stalled out at 250 lbs and I promised him I'd reach 300 by the end of the year.

6. lol

7. When he says he has 44 consecutive winners in a row of 15% or more? That has to be a lie. Thats a statistically impossible event.

No one ever made 44 consecutive winning trades of 15% or more. Its statistically impossible. The odds are billions to one. Thus, he must be a liar.

8. Maybe if Mr. Market posts his brokerage statements (with the sensitive identity info such as his name, address, account number obscured), then this issue of his credibility will be settled once and for all.

What say you, Mr. Market?

Will you be HUGE and the Manly-Man and step up to this challenge?

Or will you be TINY and the Girly-Man and run away from it?

I'm betting that you're going to post your statements and put an end to this controversy once and for all. Prove me right Mr. Market.

-- M

9. I'll do one better...check out these links....here are not only all of my trades, but the reasons behind making all of them:

http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?threadid=25073

10. Show us the money, Mr. Market!

Let's prove to the world that you're for real, and not just some guy who just talks the talk.

Monthly statements from your brokerage account showing all 42 trades will put this issue to bed once and for all. Just block out all the sensitive info, like your name, address, account number, etc.

Anything short of that, and people will be skeptical.

-- M

11. You know...just to prove it to you, I'd do it...but then some other knucklehead would say that I was just showing someone else's brokerage statements, etc etc...not worth my while. So suffice it to say that, as far as you personally are concerned, I don't care if you believe me or not.

But then again its anyone's right not to believe me, and it's anyone's right to think I'm a liar. But it's not anyone's right to call me a liar.

12. What's the big issue? The broadest market indices are at all-time highs -- making a long string of profitable concurrent trades is not outlandish by any means. Especially when you trade the more smaller-cap names, and even more so if you plan on holding losers way past 15% on the downside :)

13. Sounds simple...guess what? It is.

What's even funnier is that you can make a ton of money using this simple system.

As far as holding losers, I only have 5 positions out of my last 55 trades that are in the red and only one of these 5 is down more than 10% or has been held longer than 5 months.

14. With that logic, you must have learned at the hand of taxi cab driver turned real estate mogul turned Wall Street guru turned convicted felon.

What was his name????? Wade Cook maybe????

15. Actually it was under Jeremy Seigel, my finance professor when I was an MBA student at Wharton.

16. I find it interesting how conclusions about Mr. Market can be drawn with so little information.

I personally can't make any conclusions about Mr. Market's postings. It's not impossible for him to achieve the results that he has claimed. Unlikely from a statistical perspective, yes, but not impossible.

I may be mistaken, but I haven't seen any postings from Mr. Market's postings that can be shown to be a "lie".

There may have been some ommission of detail, but without knowing what those ommissions are, no conclusions can be drawn.

For me, it's easier to give Mr. Market the benefit of the doubt and to keep an open mind, than it is to be skeptical and closed to new ideas.

Keep on posting Mr. Market, and may many fine meats and cheeses find their way to you!

-- M

17. when this poll gets a sufficient number of responses, it should settle at around 70% think he's a liar. That would prove that the first poll was accurate, as is this one.

Over 500 posts by mr. market, and with continued attempts to sway the members, you have failed miserably. 70% of the community, after reading all your garbage, say your a liar, mr market.

18. Its true most females like animals and apes, and from looking at your back, you are definitely a close relative.

19. There are many different ways to lie & MM is layering a few of them. Either that or he really is too stupid to realize what he is doing - which is a real possibility. It is common for traders/investors to lie to themselves - perhaps MM has lied to himself so thoroughly that he has become oblivious ...

Yes, one can lie by ommission - it can be effective with the right audience.

20. You really think that when the ape says "I have 44 consecutive winning trades of 15% of more" that he's not lying??

The odds of such a feat are billions to one. But you believe him?

21. In regards to BlueHorseshoe's comments: I also find it equally amazing how some people make personal attacks in their postings, rather than make constructive comments.

-- M

22. Anyone can flip a coin and have it land heads 44 consecutive times.

If someone says he has done that, and can show it (say a video), I will have to believe him.

If someone however says that it was his skill that enabled him to do this, then that is a different matter. The results are more likely due to randomness than skill.

In Mr. Market's scenario, if he proves that he's achieved what he said he's achieved (by providing brokerage statements), then you have to believe his statement of past returns.

However, if he says his returns are due to his skill, then I would believe that it's more due to randomness than skill.

-- M

23. Oh, my, "Rocco". Personal insults. And calling him a liar, too. How bitter and unhappy you must be. And this is how Europeans behave? :D

24. You say "just to prove it to you, i'll do it" So do it. No one will say its someone elses brokerage statement because it will contain all the trades you have outlined. Your brokerage statement is unique, no one else will have the same trades, as you've laid them out.

Now try to dig yourself out from this latest lie.

25. I'm not so sure about those exact odds, but if you look at his trades, they aren't "consecutive", which makes a huge difference.

I can be a decent market timer in the right sector, i.e. buy 10 gold mining stocks just as gold is about to turn up. Sell them a few weeks later and voila -- 10 winning trades. But you could obtain the same percentage appreciation by putting the same amount of capital in a single gold index, it just doesn't sound as impressive.

So in effect, saying "I have 44 CONSECUTIVE . . . trades" is quite misleading. Show me 44 consecutive wins with none of the trade dates overlapping, well then I'd be quite amazed :)

26. I would also be amazed at that feat but I'm not enough of a risktaker to try it...In order to properly reduce non-systematic risk from my portfolio, it is imperative that I maintain 10 to 14 open positions. However, if I make 44 closed trades and they are all winners, with no losing closed trades in between, I think it is appropriate to say I have 44 consecutive profitable trades.

27. Aren't you the clown who keeps railing on the negativity and insults on ET? I'm aiming my piece of granite rock at your glass house now buddy! H-Y-P-O-C-R-I-S-Y!

28. Wow, look at the hatred flow my friend. You created an entire thread and poll just to attack this poor guy. Believe, don't believe, agree, disagree, and leave it at that. But not many people here at ET go to this much trouble to insult and attack someone just because they made a better than average claim about their trading. And yet, you not only do it, but you do it right after you start several threads about the negativity of ET. Well?

29. Wow, now this was an elevated and insightful post. Maybe you are maturing here at ET afterall.

30. Thank goodness that you are man enough to ignore a guy you deem to be lying.

31. If I bought QQQ's, NQ's, COMPX futures, and call options on the SMH, all on the same day, and sold each position a week later on the same day -- saying I made 4 consecutive profitable trades is a bit misleading, no?

Not saying your trades were 100% correlated, but was just exaggerating to make a point. Anyways, well done and hope your success continues! :)

32. Misleading...maybe, due to the fact that you bought similar instruments at a similar time, (kind of like saying you went out with a different girl if she changes her sweater). In my case, I buy very different companies, usually a few days to several weeks apart. I don;t think I'm misleading anyone when I say my trades are consecutive.

33. No. Anyone can not flip a coin and get 44 consecutive anything. The odds are billions to one.

The odds of getting "heads" when you flip a coin are 50%. The odds of getting heads 10 consecutive times are 1 in 1028. The odds of getting heads 20 consecutive times are 1 in 1,052,672. The odds of getting 44 consecutive heads are billions to one. If "anyone" could do it, we'd have alot of $200 million lottery winners. No, anyone cannot do a 1 in billions event.

BUT, making 15% on a trade is NOT a 50/50 event. It's more like a 10-20% event, depending on how long you hold it. So, the odds are much longer to get 44 consecutive 15% winners in a row than just fliipping a coin. Billions and billions to one. I learned this at Oxford.

Of course, if you ignore your losing trades, you can get 1000's of winning trades in a row.

This board is screwed up. I tried to spread love, and all I got was a lying ape who doesn't tell the truth. As we say in Europe, "au revoir".

34. Not to nit-pick, but if the odds of something occuring for someone
    were a billion to one, wouldn't that mean that about 6 people on the planet would have it happen to them?

Also, if I put 100 quarters in a box and shake it up, the odds that I will have AT LEAST 40 heads is actually quite high. All I need to do is just "conveniently ignore" the other 60 tails. ;)

35. How did you try to spread love by starting a thread entitled "Is Mr. Market a Liar," and then proceeding to insult the guy over and over?

36. Presently, only 5 of my last 55 trades are losing positions. That's 10%, not 60%. I'm fairly confident at least 4 of these 5 will reach my 15% gain target within the next couple of months. Then they will be added to my streak.

I'm curious if any of those of you who feel I'm not credible have taken the time to look at the posts I did make when I entered each of my positions. I have provided the links to these posts on another thread.

37. It's tough love, MB, tough love :D

38. Mr. Market,

one question...

You are achieving 365lbs in bench......how do you improve? that is HUGE.

Could you detail your diet and how long you will wait to get 370lbs?

Michael B.

39. What is more important to you, the "streak" or making money?

I don't view your efforts on ET as a valid attempt to share some system and help other traders, but rather to draw attention to yourself.

Seems to me, that your penchant for self promotion and self idolatry would favor a meaningless streak over genuine wealth creation.

40. Michael,

Actually I'm at 385 lbs. Two things that I have found help me go up quickly from 335 lbs to 385 lbs:

Work with heavy weights on tricep extenstions and on military press. Your triceps and shoulders are involved in the bench press and they will help you get past sticking points.

Eat lots and lots of protein. Nitrotech is a great supplement. You will grow and grow once you start taking it. Good luck!

41. The "streak" has enabled me to make money. I am quite satisfied with the streak and my profits.

Some of the ET people have shared some great ideas with me on how to improve my performance. Others have joined my forum, indicating interest in my system and investing style. Seems to me that this is a pretty good information exchange. Don't you think?

Let me ask you one question. If my streak was 44 consecutive losses in a row of 15% or greater, and I posted it here, do you think people would be so mean to me or question my credibilty??

42. Mr. Market,

In your quanitative approach....would you consider this to be a true statement?

60% of as stocks price movement can be attributable to the general market trend

If you concur how do you apply this to your model?

Michael B.

P.S. Where do I get nitrotech?

43. You may be "satisfied" with your own steak and money that you may have made, but don't you see the difference between trying to share something and self promotion?

If your so called "streak" were 44 consecutive losses in a row of 15% or greater, most people wouldn't doubt your credibility as much as they would think you stupid.

I have seen streaks come and go, and find them meaningless in the larger context of investing and/or trading.

Unless you enjoy the negative attention (I suspect you are desperate for any kind of attention negative or positive) you could simply adjust your message to your audience. This is not Yahoo, nor are people impressed by someone who has their "home page" on AOL.

The lack of professionalism in your approach and you focus on personal accomplishments that really have nothing to do with investing and trading raise quite a number of red flags.

44. But I said "billions to one". Anyway, if it were "billion to one", do you think mr. market is 1 of 6 people on this planet to be the "chosen"?? Neither do I.

Again, the masses here have spoken. Over 500 posts by this ape, and he is losing the poll on truth, again. All you have is your credibility in the trading world. To not understand that, is to show you aren't a serious trader.

I've tried to spread love on this board. But as i've said, this board has zero credibility allowing a lying, pimping ape to run around spewing un-truths and continued disturbance. In Europe, he would be stoned. Although, his massive ape hair would insulate him a bit.

45. One other point I would like to make, which goes to the heart of the issue of managing money for oneself, or others.

Focusing on a streak means shifting the focus of decision making toward a goal that may not be in the best interest of a portfolio.

Every moment an investor is in the market (I am not talking about those who short...only those who buy stocks), they are faced with a choice to hold, buy more, or sell all or a portion of what they have in the market.

Unless someone has unlimited funds, each stock that is held means that the money in that stock cannot be used for a BETTER stock, one with greater upside.

If a portfolio contains some dogs, yet the money could be better utilized by selling the dogs and buying some other stock that has better upside potential, but the money manager won't sell the dogs because he doesn't want to "break his streak" the manager is putting the streak before wise investing decisions.

Taking a loss is often the way to make more money down the road, every good trader and investor knows this. Attachment to a streak is a liability for any investor, or money manager.

If I knew a fund manager focused in on a personal goal of maintaining a streak to pump up his subscriber-ship/ego etc., I would dump him in a minute as his focus is in the wrong area.

mrmarket's emphasis on his "streak" and the maintenance of that streak at the potential detriment to his overall portfolio growth, and his consistent pumping of that "streak" tells me everything I really need to know about where his talents genuinely lie, and what his real motives are.

If someone doesn't have a goal of making the most amount of money possible with the funds they have available, they are not really an investor at heart, but someone seeking self-worth from the recognition of others.

mrmarket is managing a "streak" not a portfolio.

46. Actually, I'm only willing to spend about a couple of hours a week at this. What is really comical is how I outperform a significant number of people who do this for a living. Ha ha ha ha!!!!

My stomach hurts I'm laughing so much.

47. Again, how did you try to spread love? All you do is start negative threads and attack people, and then rail on negativity. You said you would leave if negativity continued. Well, leave then (especially since you are part of the problem, not the solution. You are a hypocrite. And don't tell us about how things are in Europe. For one thing, there are significant differences WITHIN Europe. And if you want to tell us about how things are in France, be sure to include how in France you are expected to enjoy the intimate company of another man, and how as a nation you must surrender to any country that knocks on your state's door!

48. You are definitely an unhappy human being. You are definitely not a European, as we act with class. Now take your little eyeballs, and place then at the top of this page, and look at the poll. After 500 posts by mr. market, the majority says he is a liar.

And you talk about vindication for mr. market? Are you retarded?

49. If you had any education and logic, as you pretend, you would know that an ad populum is a fallacious argument. Most people in given areas have believed all kinds of false things (from the earth being flat to the inferiority of all kinds of races, religions, genders and creeds). But of course the French only care about doing what is easy rather than what is morally imperative, which is why they folded when the nazis came a knocking, and why they want to avoid any of the tough work these days.

But more to the point, Mr. Market was at least somewhat vindicated in HIS thread (not your many poisonous onces) where he documented his trades and they were analzyed by some bright (not like you) ET members.

By the way, how many people who took the poll on this thread read all of Mr. Market's thread, and how many of votes were by your aliases (I know you didn't just pop out of nowhere a couple days ago). Regardless, the pathetic poll in this chit-chat area proves absolutely nothing, especially when you probably account for many votes and since the thread title encourages negative voters. In the end, ad populums are meaningless anyhow.

Now when are you going to leave, like you said you would if negativity continues, and when are you going to stop being a poisonous angry person and a hypocrite?

50. You are an evil American imperialist. And a retard to boot. The majority here say he is a liar. That's the "bright" members you are referring to. They have spoken, he is a liar. There is no vindication when the majority says you lie.

I'd be careful about putting down Europeans. Our Euro is growing and growing, at the expense of the US dollar. We are getting stronger, and you are getting weaker. But you wouldn't know that, since you are retarded. You didn't miss the boat, you missed the brain.

51. Ok Guys.....

Lets wrap it up....

I missed the boat....and Rocco....

Michael B.

52. Until such time that you have documented and audited trades, and are responsible for managing money of others, you have no grounds for comparison to professionals.

Your claims are akin to someone who wins a fantasy football league and claims to be a better general manager of a professional football team.

You may or may not be a decent stock picker, but in the words of marketsurfer, "stock pickers are a dime a dozen."

The world is full of people who think their personal performance at the gym, Playstation 2003 football, the batting cage at the amusement park, the junior golf course, watching Jeopardy from home, etc. are in any way similar to professional life.

It is simply your vanity that tries to draw comparisons that you are outperforming the pros.

53. Why do you keep opening thread after thread on this same topic, even as moderators keep deleting these bs threads you create?

Also, thank goodness the dollar is falling. We will be more competitive to the cheating and socialist, subsidizing EU. Soon, we will get rid of our temporary steel tariffs.

As far as the "majority," most people in your other poll said that he was telling the truth. But polls prove nothing, especially on a matter like this. They are ad populum arguments. In other words, they are fallacies. But of course you are too stupid to understand why they are weak and meaningless arguments. So just stay in France (if that's really where you live) and go spend the night at your boyfriends so you can release some of that stress of yours in his bed.

54. Perhaps you pick good stocks with good fundementals. Your ability to read and decipher Balance Sheets, Quarterlies and Year End Reports are imho a requirement for "investing".

There are key questions I am asking you that might help you to involve the others here.....instead of an interpreted "holy war" against traders that you might be pursuing.

Perhaps you could consider (ask Mrs. Market, I think she is in the kitchen) integrating some TA, or price action into your quanitative model. It would not be deviant to your method and you might pick up some more % of profit....

Now, I am just a humble trader......trying to help....consider me a small voice (not huge) in the wilderness.

Michael B.

55. For those of you who decided I was a liar, I'd love to hear you explain how I did this:

Full documentation of my streak of 44 consecutive profitable trades of 15% or better
    There have been several requests from traders on this forum to see documentation of the trades in my streak. I have decided to formally document my incredible streak of 44 consecutive profitable trades of 15% or better. You know when ESPN did that graphic to show all of Barry Bonds’ 73 home run swings? Pretty cool, right?

For historical purposes, I felt it important that I show the documentation for all of my trades as they were posted on the internet (most of them on Yahoo message boards). These posts validate the time stamps when I entered the positions in real time. So here they are:

# STOCK DATE IN DATE OUT PAID SOLD GAIN
    1 DHOM 1/8/2002 1/30/2002 15.30 17.75 16%
    2 GNWR 1/3/2002 4/9/2002 21.38 24.80 16%
    3 SAH 1/31/2002 4/9/2002 28.05 32.49 16%
    4 ANH 1/10/2002 4/22/2002 9.73 11.30 16%
    5 GAN 4/9/2002 5/1/2002 56.20 65.09 16%
    6 RYL 4/10/2002 5/3/2002 100.35 116.17 16%
    7 JOSB 5/8/2002 5/17/2002 20.58 24.11 17%
    8 MHK 2/20/2002 5/20/2002 60.00 69.66 16%
    9 TENT 5/14/2002 5/21/2002 13.67 15.88 16%
    10 HAMP 6/18/2002 7/9/2002 21.89 25.35 16%
    11 RATE 1/9/2003 1/13/2003 4.30 5.14 20%
    12 LCI 1/24/2003 2/6/2003 20.00 23.40 17%
    13 ODFL 1/3/2003 4/3/2003 29.05 33.77 16%
    14 AVD 8/19/2002 4/14/2003 15.07 17.58 17%
    15 QSII 2/25/2003 5/6/2003 26.14 32.10 23%
    16 JFBC 1/2/2003 5/21/2003 50.90 59.46 17%
    17 LEND 5/19/2003 5/27/2003 13.75 16.47 20%
    18 PORT 2/7/2003 6/2/2003 46.85 53.67 15%
    19 NFI 5/27/2003 6/5/2003 51.45 59.45 16%
    20 DRL 4/7/2003 6/6/2003 37.70 44.02 17%
    21 HITK 5/7/2003 6/16/2003 37.16 45.60 23%
    22 OHB 5/21/2002 6/17/2003 9.92 12.01 21%
    23 FBC 6/6/2003 6/26/2003 20.85 24.24 16%
    24 MBT 5/2/2003 6/26/2003 48.50 57.04 18%
    25 VNBC 4/12/2003 6/30/2003 18.89 21.96 16%
    26 SSYS 6/19/2003 7/7/2003 33.35 38.90 17%
    27 ACMR 4/22/2002 7/14/2003 22.01 25.46 16%
    28 UTSI 7/3/2003 7/16/2003 36.28 41.95 16%
    29 FCFS 7/8/2003 7/21/2003 16.30 18.84 16%
    30 FRED 5/2/2002 8/1/2003 26.23 30.29 15%
    31 SFCC 7/30/2003 9/2/2003 26.01 31.00 19%
    32 ESI 8/7/2003 9/12/2003 39.59 46.38 17%
    33 MDC 7/10/2002 10/1/2003 46.59 54.25 16%
    34 COH 6/9/2003 10/14/2003 25.75 30.21 17%
    35 ARO 10/3/2003 10/14/2003 28.90 33.62 16%
    36 NARA 7/25/2003 10/16/2003 18.91 21.94 16%
    37 DKS 7/29/2003 10/29/2003 39.99 47.21 18%
    38 WRLD 6/3/2003 10/29/2003 14.43 18.63 29%
    39 WLS 10/16/2003 10/29/2003 54.10 62.76 16%
    40 GRMN 5/23/2003 10/29/2003 45.91 53.00 15%
    41 JBSS 10/24/2003 10/30/2003 28.37 34.13 20%
    42 FINL 9/29/2003 11/3/2003 27.13 31.39 16%
    43 CLSR 10/31/2003 11/24/2003 30.47 35.14 15%
    44 AMHC 7/14/2003 11/28/2003 41.00 47.96 17%

1. DHOM

http://finance.messages.yahoo.com/b...7079832&mid=192

2. GNWR (message board deleted)

3. SAH

http://finance.messages.yahoo.com/b...8729459&mid=721

4. ANH

http://finance.messages.yahoo.com/b...0408672&mid=252

5. GAN (Message board deleted)

6. RYL

http://finance.messages.yahoo.com/b...080119&mid=1483

7. JOSB

http://finance.messages.yahoo.com/b...082672&mid=2193

8. MHK
    http://finance.messages.yahoo.com/b...8729273&mid=848

9. TENT

http://finance.messages.yahoo.com/b...1545228&mid=398

10. HAMP

http://finance.messages.yahoo.com/b...=7077685&mid=85

11. RATE

Board did not exist prior to purchase but some commentary post-sale:

http://finance.messages.yahoo.com/b...15529269&mid=19

12. LCI

http://finance.messages.yahoo.com/b...1298180&mid=594

13. ODFL

http://finance.messages.yahoo.com/b...7083322&mid=101

14. AVD

http://finance.messages.yahoo.com/b...7083322&mid=101

15. QSII

http://finance.messages.yahoo.com/b...687052&mid=1571

16. JFBC

http://finance.messages.yahoo.com/b...=9133403&mid=23

17. LEND

http://finance.messages.yahoo.com/b...5307757&mid=263

18. PORT

http://finance.messages.yahoo.com/b...00811417&mid=71

19. NFI

http://finance.messages.yahoo.com/b...29314&mid=20355

20. DRL

http://finance.messages.yahoo.com/b...081669&mid=1261

21. HITK

http://finance.messages.yahoo.com/b...076901&mid=3780

22. OHB

http://finance.messages.yahoo.com/b...7079885&mid=369

23. FBC

http://finance.messages.yahoo.com/b...0424466&mid=474

24. MBT

http://finance.messages.yahoo.com/b...1028357&mid=176

25. VNBC

http://finance.messages.yahoo.com/b...605578725&mid=2

26. SSYS

http://finance.messages.yahoo.com/b...687191&mid=5342

27. ACMR

http://finance.messages.yahoo.com/b...080470&mid=2304

28. UTSI

http://finance.messages.yahoo.com/b...40741&mid=26581

29. FCFS

Deleted by Yahoo

30. FRED

http://finance.messages.yahoo.com/b...7082098&mid=863

31. SFCC

http://finance.messages.yahoo.com/b...151258&mid=4564

32. ESI

http://finance.messages.yahoo.com/b...7082624&mid=511

33. MDC

http://finance.messages.yahoo.com/b...7079999&mid=679

34. COH

http://finance.messages.yahoo.com/b...151168&mid=1786

35. ARO

(post deleted from Yahoo…copy saved here)

http://www.mrmarketishuge.com/forum...de7eefad8c27398

36. NARA

http://finance.messages.yahoo.com/b...0905304&mid=286

37. DKS

http://finance.messages.yahoo.com/b...719120&mid=1264

38. WRLD

http://finance.messages.yahoo.com/b...7084716&mid=478

39. WLS

http://www.mrmarketishuge.com/forum...f6df832d0cb4c7d

40. GRMN

http://finance.messages.yahoo.com/b...585190&mid=2183

41. JBSS

http://www.mrmarketishuge.com/forum...&highlight=jbss

42. FINL

http://www.mrmarketishuge.com/forum...a7a95d07ca50321

43. CLSR

(post never entered on Yahoo but listed on Elite Trader)

http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showt...clsr#post362233

44. AMHC

http://finance.messages.yahoo.com/b...076543&mid=1517

The good news is that the streak is still alive and growing. I’d be happy to answer any questions you have if you email me:

ebarsamian2003@yahoo.com

Average returns are for average investors. Superior returns are for superior investors. I am HUGE!! Bring me your finest meats and cheeses.

56. I have been subscribed ( out of morbid curiosity i guess) to MM. stock picks......I'll be damned , but every week i get an e-mail with a pick and a target....I review the stock...I laugh at the pick because I think it has already run up.....and then two weeks later BAM!!! .......I get the e-mail announcing he's taking profits of 15-20%, that he is HUGE, and he is the world's greatest stock picker LOL......That is not lying.........It's not trading either but it's working for him......and I will admit that I don't like stocks that have already traded thru their highs and appear to be running on fumes....but Damn!.....if i were to buy 1000 shares of each stock since July in a side investment account....I'd be buying my wife a nice lexus for X-mas just like the commercials..

And i think he has a point regarding these walll street "gurus'....some of these people they march out every week and are WRONG every week, but since they correctly predcited a bear market or a bull run six years ago they are given the red carpet treatment....look at Abby Joseph Cohen and Kramer and Battapaglia????

57. i tried to follow a few MM's links but nothing there. what happened to the yahoo group?

58. I for one did not claim you to be a liar. I do suggest that you are a bad money manager, and your emphasis is on managing your "streak" over making wise trading and investing decisions.

Managing your "streak" falls into the same category as managing your biceps, managing your intake of meat and cheese, or posing for photos to manage your image.

None of these self involved behaviors have anything to do with improving trading, investing, or the bottom line of why people here invest or trade.

59. The Nasdaq Composite has gained over 50% since reaching early 2003 lows. The S&P has gained over 30%. Don't you think there is a direct correlation between these huge increases and any stock pickers good record this year?

60. Try Again..somehow when I re-copied the thread, thie links did not come through..my apologies:

1. DHOM

http://finance.messages.yahoo.com/bbs?.mm=FN&action=m&board=7079832&tid=dhom&sid=7079832&mid=192

2. GNWR (message board deleted)

3. SAH

http://finance.messages.yahoo.com/bbs?.mm=FN&action=m&board=8729459&tid=sah&sid=8729459&mid=721

4. ANH

http://finance.messages.yahoo.com/b...ard=1600408672&tid=anh&sid=1600408672&mid=252

5. GAN (Message board deleted)

6. RYL

http://finance.messages.yahoo.com/bbs?.mm=FN&action=m&board=7080119&tid=ryl&sid=7080119&mid=1483

7. JOSB

http://finance.messages.yahoo.com/bbs?.mm=FN&action=m&board=7082672&tid=josb&sid=7082672&mid=2193

8. MHK
    http://finance.messages.yahoo.com/bbs?.mm=FN&action=m&board=8729273&tid=mhk&sid=8729273&mid=848

9. TENT

http://finance.messages.yahoo.com/bbs?.mm=FN&action=m&board=11545228&tid=tent&sid=11545228&mid=398

10. HAMP

http://finance.messages.yahoo.com/bbs?.mm=FN&action=m&board=7077685&tid=hamp&sid=7077685&mid=85

11. RATE

Board did not exist prior to purchase but some commentary post-sale:

http://finance.messages.yahoo.com/bbs?.mm=FN&action=m&board=15529269&tid=rate&sid=15529269&mid=19

12. LCI

http://finance.messages.yahoo.com/b...ard=1601298180&tid=lci&sid=1601298180&mid=594

13. ODFL

http://finance.messages.yahoo.com/bbs?.mm=FN&action=m&board=7083322&tid=odfl&sid=7083322&mid=101

14. AVD

http://finance.messages.yahoo.com/bbs?.mm=FN&action=m&board=7083322&tid=odfl&sid=7083322&mid=101

15. QSII

http://finance.messages.yahoo.com/bbs?.mm=FN&action=m&board=4687052&tid=qsii&sid=4687052&mid=1571

16. JFBC

http://finance.messages.yahoo.com/bbs?.mm=FN&action=m&board=9133403&tid=jfbc&sid=9133403&mid=23

17. LEND

http://finance.messages.yahoo.com/b...rd=1605307757&tid=lend&sid=1605307757&mid=263

18. PORT

http://finance.messages.yahoo.com/b...ard=1600811417&tid=port&sid=1600811417&mid=71

19. NFI

http://finance.messages.yahoo.com/bbs?.mm=FN&action=m&board=8729314&tid=nfi&sid=8729314&mid=20355

20. DRL

http://finance.messages.yahoo.com/bbs?.mm=FN&action=m&board=7081669&tid=dorl&sid=7081669&mid=1261

21. HITK

http://finance.messages.yahoo.com/bbs?.mm=FN&action=m&board=7076901&tid=hitk&sid=7076901&mid=3780

22. OHB

http://finance.messages.yahoo.com/bbs?.mm=FN&action=m&board=7079885&tid=ohb&sid=7079885&mid=369

23. FBC

http://finance.messages.yahoo.com/b...ard=1600424466&tid=fbc&sid=1600424466&mid=474

24. MBT

http://finance.messages.yahoo.com/b...ard=1601028357&tid=mbt&sid=1601028357&mid=176

25. VNBC

http://finance.messages.yahoo.com/bbs?.mm=FN&action=m&board=1605578725&tid=vnbc&sid=1605578725&mid=2

26. SSYS

http://finance.messages.yahoo.com/bbs?.mm=FN&action=m&board=4687191&tid=ssys&sid=4687191&mid=5342

27. ACMR

http://finance.messages.yahoo.com/bbs?.mm=FN&action=m&board=7080470&tid=acmr&sid=7080470&mid=2304

28. UTSI

http://finance.messages.yahoo.com/b...=1600640741&tid=utsi&sid=1600640741&mid=26581

29. FCFS

Deleted by Yahoo

30. FRED

http://finance.messages.yahoo.com/bbs?.mm=FN&action=m&board=7082098&tid=fred&sid=7082098&mid=863

31. SFCC

http://finance.messages.yahoo.com/b...rd=1601151258&tid=sfc&sid=1601151258&mid=4564

32. ESI

http://finance.messages.yahoo.com/bbs?.mm=FN&action=m&board=7082624&tid=esi&sid=7082624&mid=511

33. MDC

http://finance.messages.yahoo.com/bbs?.mm=FN&action=m&board=7079999&tid=mdc&sid=7079999&mid=679

34. COH

http://finance.messages.yahoo.com/b...rd=1601151168&tid=coh&sid=1601151168&mid=1786

35. ARO

http://www.mrmarketishuge.com/forum...ight=aro&sid=77d61242c6f07b89ade7eefad8c27398

36. NARA

http://finance.messages.yahoo.com/b...rd=1600905304&tid=nara&sid=1600905304&mid=286

37. DKS

http://finance.messages.yahoo.com/b...rd=1601719120&tid=dks&sid=1601719120&mid=1264

38. WRLD

http://finance.messages.yahoo.com/bbs?.mm=FN&action=m&board=7084716&tid=wrld&sid=7084716&mid=478

39. WLS

http://www.mrmarketishuge.com/forum...ight=wls&sid=98bb5eb5e68300979f6df832d0cb4c7d

40. GRMN

http://finance.messages.yahoo.com/b...d=1602585190&tid=grmn&sid=1602585190&mid=2183

41. JBSS

http://www.mrmarketishuge.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=148&highlight=jbss

42. FINL

http://www.mrmarketishuge.com/forum...ght=finl&sid=4c7c669281570a65ea7a95d07ca50321

43. CLSR

(post never entered on Yahoo but listed on Elite Trader)

http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&postid=362233&highlight=clsr#post362233

44. AMHC

http://finance.messages.yahoo.com/bbs?.mm=FN&action=m&board=7076543&tid=amhc&sid=7076543&mid=1517

The good news is that the streak is still alive and growing. I’d be happy to answer any questions you have if you email me:

ebarsamian2003@yahoo.com

Average returns are for average investors. Superior returns are for superior investors. I am HUGE!! Bring me your finest meats and cheeses.

61. and the majority still say he is a liar.

62. Nah he's not....I think he has left some open positions but over all his system is not bad and serves him well and although ive been skeptical.....their is substantial proof of the results...take all his open positions and assume that he will lose 50% on all of them........now compare it to the closed winners and overall he's still in good shape.

63. If you believe stuff like "53 consecutive winners in a row", then you deserve what you get.

Anyway, my job is done here. mr. market has worn out his welcome in "trading". And his only option is now "journals" which is his worst nightmare. Mon ami Magna will not allow any BS there.

64. I have a friend who picks the same type of stocks (small cap) and does really well for himself. He is up 24% now. It is possible. But the hype that MrMarket uses is, well, more suited for a used car salesman. That is what gets him in trouble. "I am huge" translates to "who the hell does this guy think he is?"

IMHO, just stop talking about who is allowed and not allowed.
    Just let everyone alone.
    I do not follow his stuff really.
    But why can't he post?
    It is about trading.
    He gives you enough information to go on.
    What is the problem?

PS....I like hairy backs. So shoot me.

65. Bob, don't let Cathy find out! :eek:

:D

Just messin. BC is right. Mr M is harmless. Leave the poor sap alone.

ppp out

66. mr. market has no interest in ET if he can't pimp his website.

Finally, king Baron has cut off his BS from "trading". Now he's relegated to "journals", where he certainly won't be allowed to pimp, as mon frere Magna, is watching closely.

My last prediction on ET: mr. market will bid adieu very soon.

67. MY PREDICTION:

MR. Market will make you his bitch really soon....You think you can keep him down and out? He is Huge.......and if he is so full of shit, why not challenge him? some guys tried last summer and he bitch slapped them!....so step up to the plate and challenge the big hairy guy man to man instead of statrting useless threads

......unless your chicken?

how bout it?

you and him ?

68. lol...TM

69. LOL, LOL!! Monkey! 58% say you are a liar after 550+ posts!