Is kibot legit place to get tick historical data from

Discussion in 'Data Sets and Feeds' started by newdog, Apr 4, 2017.

1. newdog

newdog

I was looking for historical futures 1 min tick data and came across http://www.kibot.com/

They are giving more than 1 symbol all futures for about $350 and they have data from 2009 for one time purchase.

That looks kind of cheap compared to other vendors. Has anyone here used this before?

2. just21

just21

Another source, especially if you want to keep the file up to date, is esignal classic for $55 a month then use qcollector from www.mechtrading.com to get the data you need.

3. truetype

truetype

Have a look for yourself -

http://www.kibot.com/Support.aspx
    How reliable is your data?
    In order to see how reliable our data is, you can analyze complete tick and 1 minute files we offer as a free download. You can find the download links under the free historical data section on our Buy page. We encourage you to compare our data with any existing data you may have.

4. ajensen

ajensen

The Caltech Quantitative Finance Group has criticized the quality of intraday stock data from kibot. They prefer QuantQuote.

marketsurfer likes this.
  5. newdog

newdog

I am looking for minute level historical ticks for all CBOE volatility futures. QuantQuote doesn't provide that. I liked the pricing of kibot but seems it is just garbage.

6. sle

sle

Send me a PM, we'll talk.

7. paper_boy

paper_boy

I would not put a lot of trust in the Caltech data guide.

The Caltech Quantitative Finance Group is actually run by the QuantQuote group.

QuantQuote uses the Caltech subdomain, and the university's reputation, to spread fake reviews that masquerade as legitimate; while hiding the fact they are actually advertising and promoting themselves.

Want some proof? Google search for both Quantquote and Caltech. Two common names of interest are the founders of QuantQuote: Jason Stockman and Andy Yen. In fact, according to Jason Stockman's old resume on the Wayback Machine, he foolishly admits to designing both web sites.

To add some follow up, both founders have moved on to their next startup as reported by the CalTech alumni news: ProtonMail.

8. I used kibot for a while to develop some strategies. It is good for cheap data that goes way back. I only needed 5 minute bars so the data quality was sufficient. However, when I switched to live trading it was insufficient due to the delay in updates to their server. It is generally 8-12 hours behind. I'm now using the esignal/qcollector combo and it is fantastic. And cheaper. The quality of the esignal/qcollector software is much higher as well. The process of updating your data files goes much smoother than with kibot.

9. just21

just21

Have you set it up to update the intraday files in realtime?

10. No I just need to update in a timely manner after the close.

#10     May 20, 2017