Is it dangerous to be completely out of the market

Discussion in 'Trading' started by kashirin, Mar 20, 2020.

1. kashirin

kashirin

I usually only daytrade but currently i have serious doubt about saving capital

I don't know but I feel it's quite dangerous to be completely _out_ of the market
    What if markets closed and then reopen with good news? and market opens 50%+

with all current money printing

I think the appropriate would be 30-40% invested and 60-70% cash
    in case S&P goes to 700-1000 redeploy remaining 60%

I think there is a sizable chance it goes to 300 but it still leaves me with around 40% of current capital and in case it explodes with hyperinflation at least some of your capital sheltered

what do you think?

Br1828 and fan27 like this.
  2. NY_HOOD

NY_HOOD

do not day trade !
    hold your cash. i am very serious.

cdcaveman likes this.
  3. Overnight

Overnight

The market is seriously room 237 right now. Stay the hell out.

comagnum likes this.
  4. dozu888

dozu888

idiots.

read Justin Mamis 'the nature of risk'... when you take the most information risk, like right now, is when you take the least price risk.

ET180, qlai and cdcaveman like this.
  5. ktm

ktm

[QUOTE="kashirin, post:
    What if markets closed and then reopen with good news? and market opens 50%+

[/QUOTE]

Did you read the part above that you typed? What sort of good news would have the Dow opening up 10,000 Monday morning? Forget about circuit breakers and all that for a minute...

6. kashirin

kashirin

Did you read the part above that you typed? What sort of good news would have the Dow opening up 10,000 Monday morning? Forget about circuit breakers and all that for a minute...[/QUOTE]

Not tomorrow but if market closed for 8 weeks. Pandemia ended. In the mean time Fed prints 10 trillion inflating 20% and interest rates still zero

In this scenario I totally see ATH immediate

7. Overnight

Overnight

I can't stand it anymore. This is how I will now forever think of Dozu when he calls the whole forum idiots. It is this intonation and timbre. Gah, it is maddening.

dozu888 likes this.
  8. fan27

fan27

Not a bad strategy. I am scaling in on the downside with about 1/3 of my capital deployed.

9. trdes

trdes

No one can answer this question for you. If you mainly day trade, does it really matter if the market opens up or down? You can always adjust your chart size and position size based upon where the market is and how it's acting(that's what I do as I only day trade)

If you think or know you won't be able to day trade it properly if it goes way up, than you have to decide if it's worth buying some here or not.... but you said you usually day trade if you bought here long term, that would be more like investing?

10. interdim

interdim

This is the best time to be trading ever, why would you want to stay out of these markets? You may never see these types of opportunities again in your lifetime. Just because others can't trade, are afraid, or are just talk and no action, don't let that stop you! Be very discerning about who you listen to on this forum.

#10     Mar 20, 2020