Iran Strike By US Scheduled For 6th April 2007

Discussion in 'Politics' started by THE-BEAKER, Mar 30, 2007.

1. That being the case, then please tell me why the Commander of HMS Cornwall did not defend and protect his sailors.

These situations need always to be nipped in the bud before they get out of hand which is where we are now.

Can you not see that Las Malvinas and this current situation with Iran are indeed quite different.

One was preventable and one was not.

#31     Mar 30, 2007
  2. romik

romik

And when I read posts like yours, not that you do not have the right to have an opinion, of course you do, it's the way that you oppose any possibility of you & I being brainwashed by government's propaganda. Russians print one thing, Americans another, Iranians another, Chinese another, British support Americans, etc. Where is the truth my man? It's one thing to be a patriot & completely the opposite being naive & single-minded.

#32     Mar 30, 2007
  3. War with Iran would cause a severe global recession, if not a depression.

Iran has the tactical capability to close the Straits of Hormuz for a month or longer.

Oil would rise to well above $100 for a sustained period of time, and sink all boats (pun intended).

All you have to do is ask two basic questions: What would $5+ per gallon gas do the U.S. economy?

What about the effects that $100+ per barrel crude oil would have on the prices of chemicals, fertilizer, carpeting, chemicals, plastics, engineered materials, electronics, transportation, etc., etc.?

Inflation would rise to 16% in the U.S. alone, there would be gas lines a mile long as shortages set in, and food prices would soar.

That's why oil is the most potent weapon of all. Iran has 9% of the world's crude oil, and 22% of the world's crude oil is shipped through the Straits of Hormuz.

#33     Mar 30, 2007
  4. Yeah, he is fanatical enough to go into a "Holy War". The Iran Bourse was somewhat clever, just figured he would keep calm, fight the financial war and force US & UK to really do something outrageous cause they would have no incident. Holding hostages does not exactly make you look like the innocent victim.

Let's get to it already, make that gold & silver move.

#34     Mar 30, 2007
  5. [​IMG]

#35     Mar 30, 2007
  6. are these available on ebay?

#36     Mar 30, 2007
  7. Markets disagree and chastise the hawks today.

Oil down.

#37     Mar 30, 2007
  8. blast19

blast19

Who wants to bet that if there were an invasion to free the soldiers "intelligence" would point straight to a bunker near the straits of Hormuz and it would quickly be secured from harm?

#38     Mar 30, 2007
  9. TM1

TM1

I don't believe I drew the similarity between Iran and the Falklands. You are drawing your own conclusions. I simply stated that Thatcher would not stand for this nonsense and would take military action.

If you want to debate the tactics of the Falklands, that's fine (I'm not interested) If you want to debate whether or not Thatcher had the balls to go into Iran to get her men out, we can certainly discuss that, but there's not much to say on my part...I believe she would have been quick, decisive and heavy handed in her response. If you disagree, so be it. Without asking her we won't really know anymore than we do now.

#39     Mar 30, 2007
  10. If you really believe that, you don't understand how complicated securing narrow waterways are.

I don't understand it that well, either, but I know it's way more difficult than you imply.

#40     Mar 30, 2007