"Investing in Stock Index Funds is a Mania". There's a Solution -- Live Workshop Dec 21

Discussion in 'Events' started by Altavest_Erik, Dec 20, 2018.

1. Sign up for Friday's workshop

This week during an interview, DoubleLine Capital ($120B AUM) CEO Jeffrey Gundlach took a shot at passive investment strategies such as index funds, declaring the investing strategy a "mania" that is causing widespread problems in global stock markets.

"I'm not at all a fan of passive investing. In fact, I think passive investing ... has reached mania status as we went into the peak of the global stock market,"

Is it time to consider alternative strategies?

Join us in this special live workshop and experience a demonstration in real-time.

2. prc117f

prc117f

I am real happy with my long term SPY portfolio. It has like 5 wallstreet condoms attached to my LT SPY portfolio(DITM calls, black swan long puts) just sitting here watching the fireworks.

Yeah Options are a powerful tool to manage risk vs just passive investing.

3. Another big disadvantage of passive investing, such as index funds; they tend to lead the way down, + shrink management fees, management fees trend down................................And an index ETF like SPY can be real hard to beat for 10 years ,about 80% dont beat it:cool::cool: So its also hated .