Invaluable resources to your trading?

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by Brysapp, Dec 20, 2018.

1. Brysapp

Brysapp

Don't think I've ever posted on here, but I'm a mid-career trader who's in a bit of a rut lately(don't think I'm the only one), and just looking for some suggestions for new sources of market data/information/ideas/etc. Looking to implement some new things into my trading in 2019. I primarily trade US equity options on a swing basis and some futures on an intraday basis. My current list of daily site visits that are generally useful to me...

Twitter
    Trade Alert
    Private Chats
    Live Vol
    Investing.com
    Bespoke

What do the rest of you find as valuable resources to your trading?

murray t turtle likes this.
  2. tommcginnis

tommcginnis

I would invert the order of your sources, and then stop at the first two.

Then I would go down to your local 24hour Walmart at 10:30pm and shop for half an hour, and then retire to Waffle House for some ("3-way") potatoes.

Oh, and give to your local PBS station. :D

3. Amazing.

I've traded for years and never even heard of any of your sites except Twitter.

You don't list any charting sources. Upon what do you make investing/trading decisions if you don't use the charts? They show you what players are actually doing with their money. Nothing is more important than being in tune with that.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2018
    Overnight likes this.
  4. Brysapp

Brysapp

I go through probably 500 charts a day(use eSignal and volume profile software for futures) and use Twitter follows as an idea source

5. Ok, well... you're on the right track. Just get in tune with the charts. All the rest is bupkis.

6. Learn to read the tape.

7. %%
    Those guys sent me a real time note=''they're buying @ 200dma''. That is why i seldom use real time ''alerts''- but good call a while back in a bull market.LOL They 're still selling.[Delayed quote/note; i use investors.com + WSJ paper charts /paper /IBD paper much more than computers.]
    I use some computer IBD bar charts; but on barchart.com- i prefer candle charts.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2018