Intraday trading ES, NQ based on volumetric analysis

Discussion in 'Journals' started by Volfixtrader, Nov 18, 2016.

1. Hello all

I'm intraday trader. Usually i prefer trade ES, NQ but sometimes good advantages give CL, B, 6E, 6B. For decision making I use volumetric analysis and market profile. The theory was described by Peter Steidlmayer and Jim Dalton (about classical theory read here: https://www.cmegroup.com/education/interactive/marketprofile/handbook.pdf)

My approach was improved by analysis of volume profiles of different periods (week, day, 1 hour) and local flash volumes on 15 min and 1 min charts. I use standards bars displaying on the time intervals (1 m, 15 m, 60 min and so on) and rang bar charts which can better show volume of accumulation.
    I prefer to trade with short stop and short target. Input and output conditions near important levels.

Daily stop limit 2%, week -5%, month - 10%. Average expectation 0.5-1.5% per day.
    I trade in first part of pit session till 11 am by Chicago. I'm finishing trading if I reach a goal, or Daily loss limit or time is over.

The purpose of publishing is popularize methods of trading on the basis of volumes. I believe that this method should not stand aside.
    Because the volume always shows us actions of major players and profile the main spaces battles.

To avoid future questions I'm using platform Volfix.net for analysis and trading. But if you like a method you can use any platform which you want. Such charts you can obtain from: Ninja, MarketDelta, Sierra or others. This is not a trading signals, or some holy grail just explaining price action through volumes and my opinion. With the confirmation of the theory in the form of transactions.

Also sorry for my English it's not my native language. And I'm not a philologist. Just trader.

2. ES 17.11.jpg NQ 17.11.jpg

3. Trading 18.11.2016 NQ

NQ res 18.11.jpg

4. I expected growth price. First input was aggressive with SL. Second was good with TP.

ES 22.11 res Blog 2.jpg

5. nq 22.11.16 for.jpg

6. ES 22.11.16 For.jpg

7. 23.11 ES.jpg

8. ES 29.11.16 f.jpg

9. 29.11. nq RES  foru.jpg

10. NQ swing trade 2.12.jpg

#10     Dec 3, 2016