Interesting trading conference this month

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by Slope Trader, May 21, 2023.

1. I recently received a link to a big trading conference that took place this month. I have never watched one of these before, but noticed some famous names among the presenters and decided to take a look. It was surprisingly interesting.

There are videos for Days 1 through 6 of the conference at the link below, with several speakers presenting each day. To see the list of speakers for a given day, click on "Show more..." under each video.

Link:
    https://www.youtube.com/@metastock

trading conference1.png

2. Speakers on day 1:

trading conference2.png

3. I would like to see the part "6:16:00 Larry McMillan - What Option Indicators are Saying Now!",
    but at YouTube this part (and maybe some others too) is not listed in the description text:

Is the above link wrong? YES WRONG! Seems they have such conferences monthly or so.
    Can you post the direct link? B/c your link just goes to the site, but not to the right video.

Update: OK, have just found it (just forward to 6:16:00 or pick that from the list in the description).
    I think the correct title of the speech is "The Current State of Market-Predicting Option Indicators", presented on May 8, 2023 :

Last edited: May 21, 2023
  4. Hosted by Metastock: they do not have a trade room, do not show trades in real time; no recorded profits; not a single particle of achievement. A lot like Calhoun/Trade Mastery. I find it hard to learn how to trade from someone who does not trade and has no track record for trading.
    The same can be said for all nine listed speakers, same old same old but no actual trading, no performance data, nothing shown in real time, and no trade room.
    Just saying.

Lou Friedman likes this.
  5. On the first linked page, click the right arrow to see the Day 1 conference video page link (circled below). Then select this page and "Show more" and finally click on the blue time link at 6:16:00 for McMillan and that will get one directly to his talk.

pptx1 png400.png

6. @mason macgregorson, I would classify Mr. Larry McMillan (aka Lawrence G. McMillan) as a scientist/researcher and book author. He is the author of some bestselling and most cited books on options. At wikipedia he is cited in more than hundred of articles/pages, but unfortunately I couldn't find the wikipedia page about himself personally. I think there already must be one, as he deserves one.

7. I just finished watching the said speech/presentation by McMillan (@6:16:00+), and near the end (@6:55:21) he shows this image, saying "track record on website", which contradicts your above statement:

track_record.png

And this is interesting too:

Mr McMillan also publishes a weekly list of IV and HV for all stocks & indices that have options. Free of cost.
    It's just in text form, but one can import it into Excel etc. and sort/filter as one wishes.

https://www.optionstrategist.com/calculators/free-volatility-data
    "
    Free Volatility Data
    Historical Volatility data, Implied Volatility data, and the Current Implied Volatility Percentile for all stock, index and futures options updated weekly.

Instructions
    One of most important things an option trader watches is volatility. The daily Volatility History report in The Strategy Zone offers you the data you need to be a well-prepared option trader: three historical volatility levels, plus implied volatility, and the percentile of implied volatility. Each Saturday, the weekly data is available for you here at no cost (see below).
    [...]
    "

8. I looked before but I couldn't find it - went back to the website again and still no luck. Maybe you can find it for us. And let's be clear: we're looking for a detailed, forthright, trade by trade by day by week by month track record in a spreadsheet (not spattered over 200 videos), and not simply some little graph. And PS: they never identify themselves by name.

9. I don't know, and I don't have time. Maybe that info is avail only for registered users.
    Just send them an email and ask for the info, and let us know here.

mason macgregorson likes this.

10. Metastock is only hosting the event and they do not have any track record at all. The claim of a track record in the video is for the daily strategist, so I was right.

upload_2023-5-22_22-4-9.png

Last edited: May 22, 2023
    #10     May 22, 2023