Interest rate is 10%

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by brokenmarkets, Jan 14, 2011.

1. Corporations are pay 10% for new bonds and most individuals with credit cards pay 10% some 20%

so 0% interest rate is a fantasy.

and with quantitatvie easing..with FED creating new money..well where is the new money who has it...the new money is in Goldman Sachs bank account and for it's clients...average joe in the street doesn't see the money.

none of that new money created via qauntitative easing is in the real economy..fake money ends up in fake market.

2. Yo, Mods, do you think maybe it's time to do smth about this? Would be good to enforce non-proliferation of incoherent mkt manipulation/conspiracy threads, all started by the same coconut... Just a suggestion, is all.

3. Visaria

Visaria

+1

However, I think you'll find the mods have retired to a beach in the Bahamas.

4. it's not conspiracy or lie.

SO YOU DON'T BELIEVE ME THAT THE MARKET IS RIGGED CON GAME SCAM UH!! AND THAT THE COMPUTERS RIG THE GAME. IT'S NO SURPISE EVERYTIME YOU PUT A BUY OR SELL ORDER AN HFT MACHINE GOES IN FRONT OF YOU..AND TRADING AGAINST CLIENT IS GOLDMAN SACHS AND MANY MARKET MAKERS 'BUSINESS MODEL'

GOLDMAN SACHS DIDN'T MAKE BILLIONS ON COMMISSIONS..THEY ARE HUSTLERS JUST LIKE ANY PUNK IN THE STREET DEALING FINANCIAL 'PRODUCTS' OKAY!

THE TRUTH IS TO HARD TO BELIEVE?

--IT'S A REALITY.

5. Visaria

Visaria

I do prefer it a little rigged ... as long as it's in my favour of course mwahahahah !!!!! :D

6. the1

the1

I don't think he disagrees with you about that the fact that the markets are "rigged" or "manipulated" or whatever word you want to use. I think it's the conspiracy type theme he is taking issue with. There is no conspiracy. The Fed is robbing you blind in broad daylight and telling you to your face that you're being robbed in broad daylight and that there isn't a fucking thing you can do about it, short of leaving the country and getting robbed in broad daylight by some other central bank. Welcome to the real world.

7. the1

the1

BM, you got me to thinking. There may be something we can do about this after all. Any chance you know how to get your hands on one of these machines? :D

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/-f1cwycSWq0?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/-f1cwycSWq0?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

8. itsame

itsame

Nothing personal but What B/D have you worked for or Investment Bank or any type of financial institution? I'm not saying you are wrong. I just want to know more about your experience and why you think its rigged. Or why you think it has only recently been 'rigged'.

9. itsame

itsame

0% is a fantasy. I think when people talk like this they mean near zero percent.

The federal funds rate for 1/13/2011 was 16 basis points. Thats whats lowering bank's borrowing rates which doesn't include what they pay you on your DDA and MMA which is probably less than 30 basis points. Overall funding for big banks is extremely low while they are able to charge higher for loans.

Small community and regional banks are also helped by this policy as their DDA and MMA accounts are paying close to zero basis points. The only problem for small community and regional banks are that they are not replacing their old loans with higher interest rate loans at a fast enough pace and they are having more of their legacy loans not performing.

Average interest rate for corporate investment grade bonds is 5.85%