Interactive Brokers....unbelievable !

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by bigpig41, Mar 12, 2012.

1. If I were that type of person there would be all those kinds of four letter words in the title above.

Unbelievable........seasoned customer that does nothing but generate them commissions and figures out most things on my own. Customer service OR any of the departments won't have a basic discussion concerning all their statements which have numbers discrepancies in the several tens of thousands of dollars.

Put off in my attempts by both submitting tickets and via multiple telephone calls to various departments.

Various obvious that anyone you can talk to on the phone has been instructed by higher ups to not reveal or discuss the crux of any tax form issues. OH, and you basic 1st teir person answering the phone....HAVE SOME INTEGRITY AND DON'T LIE TO ME ABOUT SOMEONE GOING TO RETURN MY CALL WHEN THEY HAVE NO INTENTION OF DOING SO!!!!

BTW I.B. look at my tickets way back and see that my last and only bitch concerning an issue with you WAS something that needed fixed by you or the firm you farmed out the webinars player to...seems to atleast partially work in the Southeastern United States now....or are at least downloadable if not streamable and thus viewable if one puts forth multiple attempts.

here's what in my book is considered unexcusable....when its obvious that everything is #%!-ed up and you have certified public accountants who deal exclusively with preparing taxes explaining in multiple posts on this forum how the forms are wrong.....instead of assisting your clients who just want to get the taxes done so they can return to trading.....YOU TREAT THEM LIKE SOME KIND OF POTENTIAL LAW SUIT WAITING TO HAPPEN and won't address the issue via any forum; and won't answer simple mechanical questions about the forms. Girl today on phone explained she's not able to discuss anything about the tax forms.

I.B. i did send you a ticket way back when i saw this comming, asking where all this would leave the trader on mark-to-market who doesn't need wash sales included.....and I know it's not a law that every one of your statements must include the wash sales whether they are in error or not; because my other broker has weeks ago provided a simple gain/loss statement that all there clients on both accounting methodologies can use to start from.

SO, NEWBIE LOOKING FOR A BROKER.....WHAT DO YOU GAIN HAVING I.B.'s GOOD TO EXCELLENT EXECUTIONS IF YOU END UP SPENDING TRIPLE TIME AND MONEY TRYING TO UNDERSTAND THIS MESS THEY PROVIDE AND WILL NOT DISCUSS. NOT TO MENTION THE POTENTIAL TIME AND MONEY YOU MAY LOSE IN AN AUDIT !!!!

Oh, and you IB troll monitors on this board....don't respond in this thread unless your willing to answer distinct tax related questions about my forms.....yes, its probably some simple thing that I shoulda already known that is the solution and that will look great your pointing it out in this public forum.....BUT THAT'S NOT THE POINT.....your treatment of your clients is the problem in this issue and the next one that comes up down the line. I don't care about all your technical innovations IB and the crap you send me in comminique e-mail that's innovative....if the basic simplicities are lost!! as a matter of fact....fire everyone in all those new departments and re-focus on the basics .

Sincerely,
    pissed off client who traded back and forth bout 15 mil in securities with you last year

2. Eight

Eight

IB just has a culture of dysfunctionality somehow. Every software release seems to bring problems, third party software developers state publicly that they cannot implement some functions because IB's API is flakey, IB is known for "customer no service"...

3. this isnt 1998

go to a different broker

....tws java crap, api crap (meaning NO alternative software works well), and now they are acting like they might get caught for their jon corswine antics. with no insurance, you should have at least 2 different brokers anyways.

seriously, tell me one reason why you should stay with ib, other than it takes about 20 minutes of your time now (and saves you how many hours and money later in the year?)