Interactive Brokers Takes Top Spot in Online Broker Ranking

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by ajacobson, Mar 27, 2018.

1. ajacobson

ajacobson

2. JSOP

JSOP

VPhantom, Chubbly and Peter10 like this.
  3. JSOP, what is the top online broker or brokers in your opinion? I've been with IB for years, always loved their cheap trading commissions, at least compared with the brokers I used to use. Thanks!

TZT likes this.
  4. ET180

ET180

I'm happy with IB, but Fidelity is a pile of crap. They botched my wife's 401k rollover by not liquidating the account when I told them and they acknowledged that they would. I think people only use them who work for a company who forces them to use them.

5. Last edited: Mar 27, 2018
  6. JSOP

JSOP

Their commission is not so cheap if you add up their various fees and the flawed "SMART" order routing system and the missed more favourable entry price because of their system glitches and delayed release of margin on the account. Half of the time, they are not even displaying all of the option price feeds or their greeks in their Option Analytics. Their market data is not even tick by tick but in spurts of snapshot of every 30 seconds so you can't really scalp on it and it totally f***es up your technical indicators.

You REALLY get what you pay for. Like I said, if they pay half of the money keeping Barron in their pocket on software development and debugging, IB does have the potential to get better.

7. ET180

ET180

Has not been my experience. Most of my data fees are waived. I think I only pay $4.50 per month for data. That's about the cost of one trade at most of the other brokers. If you don't like SMART, you don't have to use it. They claim here that SMART routing delivers better execution as measured by an independent group:

https://www.interactivebrokers.com/en/index.php?f=1685

I have complained on here about glitches / stale quotes on options displayed through WebTrader. If you want tick by tick data, don't rely on any broker data feed. Time to get DTN IQ Feed. Although I get quote updates every second. If you are getting 30 second delays consistently, maybe you don't subscribe to real time data.

8. zdreg

zdreg

Saltynuts said:
    JSOP, what is the top online broker or brokers in your opinion? I've been with IB for years, always loved their cheap trading commissions, at least compared with the brokers I used to use. Thanks!"
    JSOP,you didn't answer the question.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2018
  9. Peter10

Peter10

right. tws is shit, Thinkorswim is better many times over.

dasr and Chubbly like this.
  10. JSOP

JSOP

The top online broker is certainly NOT IB. I have experienced brokers that offer FAR superior platforms, data feed and customer service than IB though. All I am saying is the only thing about IB is that its fees is cheap but with the shoddy quality of service and platform of what they are offering, their cost is really not that cheap.

I was not talking about data fees but since you brought it up, just so you know data fees is usually free at other brokers. But they have account inactivity fees, exposure fees and also like I said, all the missed favourable entry fees due to their system glitches and delayed margin adjustment.

And if I have to pay extra for DTN IQ Feed, then that's extra cost again. The 30-second spurts snap shot is built-in for their REAL-TIME data. You don't even know what you are getting from IB. No wonder you all think IB's the best. LOL

Last edited: Mar 28, 2018
    #10     Mar 28, 2018