Interactive brokers is great. But..

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by redeye, Mar 13, 2010.

1. redeye

redeye

Interactive brokers is great. But..

But, I am losing money. I want to be a good trader; I need to start from scratch though. Where do I start when I get up in the morning? What should I read? What is the best workstation setup? What should I trade? Or just hang it up?
    :mad:

2. Igor1

Igor1

As uninteresting as it sounds, you need to do paper trades for at least two years and see what strategies work and which don't.

You need to constantly find reading material that relates to the market. There are a ton of great books out there about technical and fundamental analysis. I suggest starting out by reading those books.

The best thing that I ever did as a trader was I became a member of Kirk Report. There is a wealth of information provided to you on a daily basis for the price you pay.

3. redeye

redeye

Your right, sounds safe. I have not lost a lot of money. More or less it is about 55/45 split with my trades. Soon as I buy, it goes the other way. Do you use Button Trader? I need to trade with some one who knows what he's doing :)

4. Nice plug! Especially for two people who like to talk to each other with only 2 posts. Pathetic.

5. Igor1

Igor1

It wasn't a plug (if you're referring to what I said about Kirk Report). I have no relation to Kirk whatsoever nor do I get any monetary or any other compensation from him. I simply love the service and I think it's a great learning tool for new traders.

6. How much have you invested in your trading education?

There is no way to become a profitable trader by just reading things in the morning. The same way that one cannot become an aeronautical engineer or a pilot by looking at the departures/arrivals list of the airport.

7. I invest only in IPOs and made 40% profit.

8. http://www.pbs.org/nbr/info/local-player.html?s=nbre07s3145qbad

9. redeye

redeye

Not much on education. (Maybe 4 books) What I’m thinking; I need to trade with someone who has experience, otherwise I will just get clobbered. How are you doing on your trades? Where can I trade to learn the ropes I wonder?

Thanks for the advice on website. Where do you start on it normally?

10. redeye

redeye

That was a good interview. 2002?

#10     Mar 14, 2010