Interactive Brokers and eEsignal

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by lovaduck, Aug 25, 2011.

1. lovaduck

lovaduck

Hello! Just joining and find this site quite useful so far! I have a question for the more experienced users:

I am considering using eSignal with an Interactive Brokers account. I want to use "trade from the charts" from eSignal.

I would use this setup for day trading (I trade only on pattern). I won't track more than 10 ticker symbols at a time (plus 4-5 indices).

Can I use eSignal OnDemand for this :confused: ??? I have seen posts that seem to indicate this is possible. Using the IB data feed for real time data and eSignal's delayed data feed for later analysis. Is this a reasonable scenario?

Thanks for any comments! :D

Lord Lovaduck.

2. eSignal Support

eSignal Support eSignal

Yes that combination will work but our data will be populating the charts, not IB's. As a result, you'll be looking at delayed charts and then attempting to fire off RT trades to IB. Otherwise, yes, you can use the IB broker plug-in with eSignal OD or any other real-time flavor (like Premier or Premier Plus).

Thanks.

3. lovaduck

lovaduck

Scott, thanks for your answer....

So this combination would NOT work in practice, because only a very, very weird pattern trader would be using delayed data to fire trades....

Lord Lovaduck.

4. eSignal Support

eSignal Support eSignal

I would agree. It could work for swing or medium/long term traders who just like the convenience of executing the trades from the charts and their timing doesn't need to be exact getting in/out.

Thanks.