Interactive brokerage prop trading groups

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by calhawk01, Oct 27, 2015.

1. hi

anyone know of any prop groups that are plugged into interactive brokerage? i'd like to join a prop shop that uses ninja trader. most don't. but i know you can connect ninja trader with interactive brokerage.. so i figured; if a prop group uses IB for clearing.. i may be able to connect NT with it.

thanks

2. Good luck with this one....I've been looking for YEARS to find a prop firm with a decent auto-trading platform.
    I don't believe IB will even accept prop firms....

3. but i totally agree with you. most platforms offered by prop firms are ancient and suck super bad. and auto trading on them is next to impossible and support does not exist. i remember having emails back and forth with sterling pro support. and those guys are so unprofessional and they provided zero support on how to create a simple strategy.

4. I traded for a firm that only offered Takion. Couldn't even get a simple moving average on a chart. It was awful. They constantly had routing issues with it, at least once a week causing somebody to blow their account because they couldn't exit a trade. I quit after 6 months.

5. What kind of risk management gives rise to "blowing an account" because of a single trade? Anyone trading that way deserves to lose.

6. If they did, you would never know it except the screens may look a little similar. It is also referred to as "white paging". IB won't touch the "slop-prop" shops. It is an elite private clan reserved for the likes of the "Cohens", etc.

7. When you're in a trade and executions stop working, and the e-mini tanks 100 points.

8. Even if you're fully invested long, 100 ES points is <5% loss, not a blowup. How can you do business on the basis of, "if my software freezes up, I'll be wiped out"?

9. Exactly my experience as well.
    Sterling is really popular with the prop firms, but their auto-trading API is over 5 years old and is not really supported !!!

#10     Oct 27, 2015