Insulin's steep price leads to deadly rationing

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by dealmaker, Sep 11, 2018.

1. dealmaker

dealmaker

2. Funny thing is that the cost to produce insulin has most likely not gone up...

dealmaker likes this.
  3. maxpi

maxpi

Do most diabetics eat a sugar diet and not exercise? It seems like it. So who cares really? They make their bed they can sleep in it...

4. The cause of type 1 diabetes remains unknown. It is not caused by eating too much sugar, and is not preventable. The current thought is that type 1 diabetes occurs when the body’s immune system destroys the cells that make insulin.

https://www.diabetes.ca/diabetes-and-you/living-with-type-1-diabetes

5. Type 1 comes from genetic defect where the person is born without the capability of producing insulin. Even if they never take a drop of sugar their whole lives they have this condition that must be treated with insulin. There is a difference between Type I and Type II .

I have go find the article I read somewhere about insulin where it can be easily manufactured in labs. I would bet my life that the so called great and generous Big Pharmas are tweaking the recipe to renew patents and prevent generic brands from eating into their profits. As the article says, the creaters of synthesized insulin gave it away for nothing and it is being sold at truly high prices.