Infinity AT

Discussion in 'Order Execution' started by Ares, Oct 13, 2009.

1. Hi Ares and All

Happy New Year to all, even with the holidays over, the markets have still been slow. I did a video of today's CPI report which had a little action, but not much. Either way you can see Infinity AT and Ninja Zen Fire are the same during this report and that is with Infinity AT supplying twice the data (10 deep vs 5 deep) and we are keeping a cumulative total volume on last trade price. If anyone wants me to do a video of any other specific time, just let me know.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mAGOufZ32p8

Craig

#51     Jan 15, 2010
  2. Craig. From what Dameh said I draw that Infinity resolved issue with freezing sometime in November. I am really happy that you guys did it.

However the OP and me were saying is that freezing problem was happening for a long while.

I abandoned hope to get this issue resolved in October and moved to XT. And that what I said.

BTW - looking at your video - I am not quite sure - I was off today but from the chart I see ES went down 40 ticks in 30 min after the news... Your DOM however is jiggling around the same price all the time.

P.S. No software is ideal and public internet adds a lot of problem to any system. Even X_Trader not ideal over the internet.....

The point was that Infinity tried to pretened that no issues exists and OP is simply an emotional loser trying to blame software for his poor trading..... Thats it....

Once you admit the problem there would be no problem. Even better if you fix it....

I said many times - Infinity is only decent software with static DOM given zero price. However until end of October it was not tradable for fast trades. The price was delayed for about 1-2 sec plus it had freezes for up to 15-20 sec couple times a week and 5-7 sec couple times a day.....

I am leaving this thread as nothing I can add anymore.

Stop denying obvious and please keep fixing the UI and you will get a proper trading platform in the end........ Thats my message...

Cheers

#52     Jan 15, 2010
  3. Hi Maxima

I set the Infinity and Ninja DOMs to "auto center" because when there is a big move the last price can fly off the DOM, so I think it is a better way to make sure you can see them both, however big the move is.

Like I said before a couple of times in this thread, of course there are users who have issues with our trading platform, no broker can claim 100% reliability across all users. Each user has unique conditions, (ie, computer hardware, location, internet connection, software conflicts, etc.) We are always updating our software to accommodate these different situations (like we did twice last year) so even less traders have problems.

Craig

#53     Jan 18, 2010
  4. Good for you. It is pity we didnt meet in October.

#54     Jan 18, 2010
  5. russe11

russe11

For example: when asked why the Volume on the DOME was wrong, the response was that TA knew it was wrong and told anyone that ASKED that it was wrong, so what was the big deal ????
    Great solution too. Don't fix it, just take it off. Right --- why would anyone want volume@price anyway ?
    Keep up the good work. I'm impressed.

Russell

#55     Jan 18, 2010
  6. #56     Feb 10, 2010
  7. CashKing

CashKing

I just stumbled onto this thread and I have to agree with what most are saying saying about the Infinity/transact DOM. Anytime you get a big move up or down the DOM freezes. Even when you try to put an order in it will fail most the time unless you had one sitting there prior to the volatility.

It doesn't seem to be the transact feed but specifically the way the DOM software handles the feed. I am confident of this because I use Sierra Charts and the feed streams perfect through it. I sadly look over at the DOM and we'll, what a disgrace. Most recent example of this was yesterday on the Greece rumour, which happened twice.

What version of the Inifinity DOM do you guys have that say it's working better? Maybe mine is older but I started using it in November.

Thanks and yes the DOM sucks as of now. I deal with the daily frustration of it.

PS. Ultra high speed internet connection, quad core duo, 8gb ddr3 ram, 1gb video card.

#57     Feb 10, 2010
  8. Hey CashKing

Send me your email address and I will send you the latest version and let me know if you still have an issue. craig@apexfutures.com

Like Ninja/Zen we too had an issue when the CME started sending out their data unexpectedly (some users experienced a slower feed or freezes). Apparently, ZF has filtered their data to solve this problem, but we came out with a new version that I can send you. It hasn't been released to the public, but we have many beta users on it and it seems to be solving most of these issues.

Thanks,

Craig

#58     Feb 10, 2010
  9. Tresor

Tresor

Never had any feedback from their technical stuff. But guess what. There was a senior derivatives advisor at Infinity, Thomass Duffy.

He probably was fired (he could never handle anything properly) or he quit (Infinity could never handle anything properly). Now the guy works for a forex company and regularily litters my e-mail box with spam: ''make a million in a week'' or something similar.

Pathetic guy. Pathetic company.

#59     Feb 10, 2010
  10. Knock on wood I have never experienced these issues. I am with ProActive, but it doesn't matter, as it's TransAct we are talking about.

My buddy had the same problem as others complained about. The only thing we could guess is that he had issues with his ISP, since they cap his bandwidth and a few times he was over so they throttled him back. He had these issues on a quad core with 4 gigs of RAM, so I don't think it was puter related.

I on the other hand have unlimited data, with 24 mg down and 2 up.

Has anyone ever done a ping test to one of their servers? When I did it as 40-60 ms from Denver, very reasonable.

I wouldn't bother calling Infinity just call TransAct.

All that said I did notice that it appeared several months ago that Zen Fire was a fraction of second faster than TA. I would have to have software to notice the ms difference, and I don't care that much.

#60     Feb 10, 2010