Index Futures Affected?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Lightningsmurf, Nov 21, 2003.

1. funky

funky

i was thinking more along the lines of a crackhead who eats out of a dumpster, but maybe i'm off there.

:cool:

#21     Nov 22, 2003
  2. Gorb109,

I have been following this indicator for about 3 weeks now. I am really trying too figure out how it could be used in conjunction with SCT strategy. I find that during fast pace markets, i feel that this indicator does not do a great job of giving you a head start of a reversal trade. Stops are busted so quickly during fast paces that i feel that it is not a leading indicator for this market pace. I think the "stretch/compression" is best used during medium paces and slow paces. I think it would be useful for taking reversals at ends of medium and slow pace trends.

I do have a minor gripe. Due too the stretch/compression being a momentary indicator, it draws you too the shorter time frames like the 1 minute. I personally do not want too focus on the 1 min and would rather trade off the 5 min as it is a more optimal time frame. The only reason i want too be on the 1 min is for stop logs and volume. Otherwise, i want too scurry too the 5 minute. Could you go into more depth of how you find this indicator useful in conjunction with SCT?

jc

#22     Nov 22, 2003