Incredibly Stupid TSA Thinks Light Sabers Are Real - Seizes Chewbacca's Walking Cane

Discussion in 'Politics' started by JamesL, Jun 8, 2013.

1. JamesL

JamesL

Force of Twitter was with him! Famed Chewbacca actor gets light saber cane back from TSA after tweeting snap at airport security

@TheWookieeRoars via TwitterPeter Mayhew tweeted, "Magic words to TSA are not 'please' or 'thank you'.. It's 'Twitter'.. cane released to go home."

Star Wars' Chewbacca found the farce was with him — when airport staff feared his lightsaber-style walking stick was a weapon.

Brit Peter Mayhew, 69, had the cane seized as he flew home from a sci-fi convention.

The 7ft 2in actor — who needs it to walk — posted snaps online of him looking Sith-ed off as security agents examined it closely.

He laid bare his frustration as he tweeted: “Won’t allow me through the airport with me cane! Giant man need giant cane. Small cane snap like toothpick. Besides, my lightsaber is just cool. I’d miss it.”

@TheWookieeRoars via Twitter"@AmericanAir won't allow me through the airport with me cane! Can I get a retweet?"

The actor pleaded with this followers, "@AmericanAir won't allow me through the airport with me cane! Can I get a retweet?"

US Transportation Security Adminstration staff at Denver Airport finally realised it was a Phantom Menace and let him board as he headed to his home in Boyd, Texas.

Mayhew later tweeted, "Magic words to TSA are not "please" or "thank you".. It's "Twitter".. cane released to go home."

Fans on the network said the drama showed he was still as fierce as when he played hero Han Solo’s furry Wookie sidekick.

Astronomer Ray Sanders said: “TSA just learned Star Wars lesson #1: Let the Wookie win.”

@TheWookieeRoars via TwitterMayhew with the light saber cane. He tweeted yesterday, "At the Magic Kingdom.... with Jose David and Maribel!!"

To read more, go to The Sun.

Read more: Force of Twitter was with him! Famed Chewbacca actor gets light saber cane back from TSA after tweeting snap at airport security - NYPOST.com http://www.nypost.com/p/news/nation...er_after_6N9tFUNvRXHL5iQmhb26tM#ixzz2Ve0IhjC8