Home > Community Lounge > Philosophy and Rationality > In Search of God!

In Search of God!

1. "I went to the Holy Land, to Mecca and to Rome.
    I visited many churches, temples and mosques.
    I climbed the tallest mountain.
    I looked in the books of an old Eastern religion, to no avail.
    I opened my heart and that is where he was.

-Rumi

2. "The Gate of the Year"

"And I said to the man who stood at the gate of the year.
    Give me a light, that I may tread safely into the unknown, and he replied,
    Go out into the darkness and put your hand into the hand of God.
    That shall be to you better than light, and safer than a known way."

M. Louise Haskins

3. Gender has not been determined, though....:)

4. The God is what`s fixed on your shoulders.At least,it was temporarily granted to you,to get the notion.Isn`t it great!Imagine how many things you can do, experience, feel, see, etc...with that device.

5. COME TO THE EDGE

"Come to the edge.
    We might fall.
    Come to the edge.
    It's too high.
    COME TO THE EDGE!
    And they came,
    And he pushed,
    And they flew."

Christopher Logue

6. “Realise this: one day your soul
    will depart from your body and you will
    be drawn behind the curtain that floats between us
    and the unknown. While you wait for that moment, be happy,
    because you don't know where you came from and
    you don't know where you will be going.”
    Omar Khayyám, The Rubaiyat of Omar Khayyam

“Beyond the earth,
    beyond the farthest skies
    I try to find Heaven and Hell.
    Then I hear a solemn voice that says:
    "Heaven and hell are inside.”
    Omar Khayyám, The Rubaiyat of Omar Khayyam

7. Omar Khayyám

I knew I'd heard that name before.....He got a plug in one of my all time favorite movies.

Eulalie MacKechnie Shinn:

"The Rubáiyát of Omar Khayyám is a dirty smutty book. Lying out in the woods eating sandwiches; getting drunk off of gin; ...and drinking directly out of jugs with innocent young girls".

Great movie if you've never seen it. They don't make musicals like that anymore.
    4510578771d28d8accc7e3ca90c615db.jpg

8. “Why ponder thus the future to foresee, and jade thy brain to vain perplexity? Cast off thy care, leave God plans to him – He formed them all without consulting thee.”
    Omar khyyam

9. You've found God when what he tells you happens to correspond with your own desires.

10. "Do not ask what the future might bring,
    Nor complain, or dwell on yesterday,
    Only, the "here and now" is of any value,
    About what has been, what will be...don't ask...

-Omar Khayyam

11. And God said “Love Your Enemy”
    ....and I obeyed him,
    and learned to love myself.
    -Kahlil Gibran

12. Do not dwell on yesterday
    Nor worry about what tomorrow will bring
    Make the best out of the present
    Because time can not be trusted.

Omar Khayyam

13. The Road Not Taken
    Related Poem Content Details
    BYROBERT FROST
    Audio Player
    00:00
    01:16
    Use Up/Down Arrow keys to increase or decrease volume.
    Two roads diverged in a yellow wood,
    And sorry I could not travel both
    And be one traveler, long I stood
    And looked down one as far as I could
    To where it bent in the undergrowth;
    Then took the other, as just as fair,
    And having perhaps the better claim,
    Because it was grassy and wanted wear;
    Though as for that the passing there
    Had worn them really about the same,
    And both that morning equally lay
    In leaves no step had trodden black.
    Oh, I kept the first for another day!
    Yet knowing how way leads on to way,
    I doubted if I should ever come back.
    I shall be telling this with a sigh
    Somewhere ages and ages hence:
    Two roads diverged in a wood, and I—
    I took the one less traveled by,
    And that has made all the difference.

https://www.poetryfoundation.org/resources/learning/core-poems/detail/44272

14. JOHN LENNON LYRICS
    "Imagine"

Imagine there's no heaven
    It's easy if you try
    No hell below us
    Above us only sky
    Imagine all the people
    Living for today... Aha-ah...

Imagine there's no countries
    It isn't hard to do
    Nothing to kill or die for
    And no religion, too
    Imagine all the people
    Living life in peace... You...

You may say I'm a dreamer
    But I'm not the only one
    I hope someday you'll join us
    And the world will be as one

Imagine no possessions
    I wonder if you can
    No need for greed or hunger
    A brotherhood of man
    Imagine all the people
    Sharing all the world... You...

But I'm not the only one
    And the world will live as one

15. Only the prescient man will pass. Anyone remember this song before he released "Imagine"?

Aptly titled, "God".

16. God is everywhere, and everyone/ everything is part of God (= the Universe).

Everyone/ everything participates God's ongoing creation/evolution process.

Hence, we have arts, music, poets, books, architectures, church buildings, cross-ocean bridges, spaceships, photos of black-holes, medicines, stem-cell technology, etc. etc. for everyone to enjoy, to honour God's existence!

17. Religion is the opium of the masses.

The many are easily led by the few.

The rules change according to the times requirements.

The biggest enemy of religion is "information"!

18. This quote helped me cross the bridge from the world of darkness to the world of light. And I never looked back again!

“Question with boldness even the existence of God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear”

Thomas Jefferson

19. I once had a great debate with a non believer of GOD. He was expressing his great disbelief with powerful logical statements..."how could a god allow such suffering in the world?". I continued my "planting of seeds" with talk of faith and free will, but to no avail. He was extremely AGGRESSIVE about his opinion and I found it very difficult to open my heart up any further. So what does someone do in this situation...usually give up...right? I decided to do a stealth prayer while the debate continued. What happened next was very unusual. I felt shivers down my back and felt an urge to not be passive anymore. What did I do? I said to my lost friend "since you know that GOD doesn't exist, you will have no fear of him...correct?", "I dare you to go to any room in the house by yourself or right here in this room in front of me, and CURSE God out loud with the foulest language you can think of and dare him to strike you down in any way"! He said "why would I do that", I replied "because God doesn't exist, you won't have anything to fear...right?"! I told him to be honest and to give it a try...he actually gave a weak attempt at this crazy challenge, but couldn't do it. He was honest and said acting in this behavior made him feel uncomfortable whether I was in the room or not. He confessed that maybe he has some doubt now about his previous opinion. I think the LORD helped me plant a seed that day!;):)

20. If triangles had a god, they would give him three sides.

-Charles de Montesquieu

21. "Be it that palm of victor awaits him, be it that he is
    destined to sink beneath the weight of his herculean
    task, at such a time he is no longer man. He is demigod!"
    -Polybius (Roman Historian) of Hannibal

22. "The enemy who is learned is better than a friend who is a fool."
    - Saadi

23. The only seed you planted in your friend mind that day is the seed of fear! The fear of punishment, fear of the unknown and the fear of death are some of the psychological seeds that promoted the cave dwellers thousands of years ago to create GOD!

24. "Anxiety is the dizziness of freedom"
    - Kierkegaard

anx·i·e·ty
    aNGˈzīədē/
    noun
    1. a feeling of worry, nervousness, or unease, typically about an imminent event or something with an uncertain outcome.

25. I agree...and it worked! Thank you! He's much involved in his church now and he's much more open to religion than I ever was. He and I believe in God from our hearts, but I might add that I'm resistant to "religion" in general. The both of us have logical/scientific reasoning type of mental processes, but it doesn't stop us from being "believers"...like it does for so many other logical thinking snobs!

26. There is absolutely no problem in any person believing what ever they want to believe in.

The problem arises when the FEW try to impose their way of thinking on the MANY.

For centuries, mainly due to the lack of "information", or to be more specific, the lack of "communication", the MANY were blind, aka "ignorant" to what was going on in the world as a whole.

This led to a way of thinking that gave the FEW power and authority.

Since the late 1800's and early 1900's, with the arrival of "means of communication", the MANY slowly started to gain access to "information".

We have just started, and it has taken just over 100 years to wipe out most of the brainwashing that was carried out for many thousands of years.

Some say that in another 50 years things will have changed dramatically from the way they are now, as the last of the "ignorant" era passes away.

Trading has a lot in common with religion :)

For those interested in learning about the timeline...a starting point

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_communication#/media/File:Sumerian_26th_c_Adab.jpg

27. If you really want to experience God on this earth, then all you need do is reverse the 3 letters :)

Your best friend.

Unconditional love.

Forever faithful.

Would die for you.

Brings joy and happiness to the whole family.

Beat that! :)

28. "None of us can be as great as God, but any of us can be as good".
    - Mark Twain

29. Stocktracker and Oddtrader...do you think "God's Way" is always fluffy, kind, and certain? Don't you think God has used "fear" to connect/communicate with us in the past...it's in the Bible isn't it? Have you ever heard the term "GOD FEARING PERSON"? What are you guys thinking?:confused:

30. imo, there have been a whole lot of ever-lasting problems, conflicts and killings, so far in our human history (and possibly in the foreseeable future), that could be evidently caused directly or indirectly due to the definition of God.

Personally, I would prefer the following definition of God.

Humans, that are free to do good or evil, must choose the side of good, according to natural law - God.

https://elitetrader.com/et/threads/predestination.306528/page-7#post-4409067

31. "The mind of absolute trust is beyond all thought, all striving,
    is perfectly at peace, for in it there is no yesterday, no today,
    no tomorrow."
    - Seng-Ts'an

32. I am always puzzled by some similar perplexed words delivered by some wise-men.

Did they really expect any layman in the market like me could easily capture their divine wisdom?

Just curious!

33. Market maven such as yourself will grasp the meaning behind the veiled words with ease.

34. Sorry. It was a play on words. :)

Here is what a market that I actually meant: [​IMG]

35. I tried again and again to search the meaning of " there is no yesterday no tomorrow no today " in plain and simple English. But it's still not very clear to me.

A. I think its common/popular/contemporary meaning should be “living in the moment.”. Then why just say it " “living in the moment.”?

" Just in this moment, divided and flying. And strange. There’s no yesterday in your world. No tomorrow. No today. No day and no night. Only now exists. And you flow in it like in tepid caressing river. "

B. It could well be like this:

" There is No Time, No End, No Today, No Yesterday, No Tomorrow, Only the Forever, and Forever and Forever Without End, "

36. I think what - Seng-Ts'an was referring to is the blindfolded minds who believe in “God” without any questions asked. Those people do not have to worry about yesterday today or tomorrow, because they believe nothing will happen to them under his protection. In other words, they live in peace!

Then again I might be wrong:sneaky:

37. Seng-ts’an is new to me. But I like this part below.

It seemed he never left any books/writings that were directly written by himself.

38. Just For Laughs

39. Hmmm. Sounds like someone else that is quoted a lot too.

40. In the antiquity that was not that unusual as Socrates did not leave any books/ writings directly written by himself either.

41. What are the odds that a space (universe + all empty space) that never "ends" would contain a tiny spec (our rocky planet) that holds organic matter of which it knows it exists? I say extremely low! There is no reason for us to exist (we have no affect outside of earth), no reason for us to know we exist, and no reason for the damn universe/empty space to be infinite...unless something wanted it that way and had the power to make it that way...probably for unselfish and selfish reasons (example:like parents wanting a child)...imho.:)

42. Sometimes, that only because their written books while alive cannot be found by others after death, due to various reasons.

43. Like Jesus?

No written books/words, and using meaningful parables!!!

Zen traditions?

44. imo, the philosophy of "Living in the moment" should be a more practical/useful theory. I know that I may be wrong on this.

45. Whatever happened to the redundant ancient Greek Gods like Zeus etc. or the Roman Gods ( there were lots of those too) ?
    Isn't it obvious that leaders created and used the idea of God to further their own power and position. The masses were told what to do by something beyond their comprehension.

But having said the above, religion has played a very definitive role in the evolution of most nations. The positive values of the arts and science would never have survived the chaotic beginnings without an urge for peace and prosperity. So violence was frowned upon and social cohesion blessed. Religion provides a template for individuals trying to make sense of their situations.

The violent and aggressive political movements like Nazism have been put down. Even now extremist movements trying to gain power by violence like Islamic extremism are being resisted. Their pay off for their actions is in lead not gold.

46. Wow I was way off, but here I will try to make it up!

In my search for god, I came cross this Quranic verse which suppose to be the most exalted verse of the Quran.
    When the unbelievers ask Muhammad to describe his God to them. Here is what he said:

"Allah! There is no god but He, the Living, the Self-Subsisting, Supporter of all. No slumber can seize Him, nor sleep. His are all things in the heavens and on earth. Who is it that can intercede in His presence, except as He permits? He knows what appears to His creatures before, or after, or behind them. They shall not compass any of His knowledge except as He wills. His Throne/dominion extends over the heavens and the earth, and He feels no fatigue in guarding and presevering them. For He is the Most High, the Supreme in glory."

Now here is how Odd Trader described GOD :
    "God is everywhere, and everyone/ everything is part of God (= the Universe).
    Everyone/ everything participates God's ongoing creation/evolution process.
    Hence, we have arts, music, poets, books, architectures, church buildings, cross-ocean bridges, spaceships, photos of black-holes, medicines, stem-cell technology, etc. etc. for everyone to enjoy, to honor God's existence!"

Do You see the similarity of the concept of God in the minds of both men. Even though they lived thousands of years apart?

So Odd trader you are a Muslim and you did not know it:sneaky:

47. Moses conned the Israelites BUT for their own good. Did he really find the 10 Commandments written in stone on a mountain ? Of course not, he had them made and inspired the weary travellers to carry on a bit further to The Promised Land.
    The problem of all the religions is that they are so old and dated. They can't evolve at all. And if someone tries to they are called heretics and persecuted.
    The same is for revered Constitutions. Evolve boys as people get smarter even if it is only from trial and error.

48. Your comprehension is beyond mine.

I would like to hear from you how you could compare the religion of Islam and the practical philosophy of Stoicism. Because I know very little about Islam, almost zero.

As a practical philosophy, Stoicism has no any religious laws that a practitioner of Stoicism would have to follow. A Stoic follows natural law. There is no personal God in Stoicism, but Universal God.

I would like to see one day the religious people believing in either Islam or Christianity or anything else would accept the practical philosophy of Stoicism, more than their religious doctrines. Much much more.

Then the whole world would become a more peaceful world. Solving problems with rationality, rather than following any interpretations from their holy books they were taught.

49. JOHN LENNON LYRICS
    "Imagine"

Imagine there's no heaven
    It's easy if you try
    No hell below us
    Above us only sky
    Imagine all the people
    Living for today... Aha-ah...

Imagine there's no countries
    It isn't hard to do
    Nothing to kill or die for
    And no religion, too
    Imagine all the people
    Living life in peace... You...

But I'm not the only one
    And the world will be as one

Imagine no possessions
    I wonder if you can
    No need for greed or hunger
    A brotherhood of man
    Imagine all the people
    Sharing all the world... You...

But I'm not the only one
    And the world will live as one

50. Stoic physics is a systems theory about cosmic law of rationality, that also covers almost the same idea as today's physics about the concept of dark energy, imo.

51. Here is about Stoic Logic.

How often religious people would like to follow logic in their thoughts or discussion?

Basically, religious people would prefer referring you to their holy books' verses, which is the only truth to them. Their logic then starts from there, according to the holy verses.

52. Fair enough, but let me explain!

In the Quranic verse, Muhammed was describing the evolution process and natural laws that governors our universe to the unbelievers in layman’s terms; which I found it to be very similar to the way you described God in your previous post.
    By the way, Islam means peace!

Having said that, I believe that religion is part of the human society evolution ladder and that Buddha, Ibrahim, Moses, Jesus, Muhammad and many others are all good men who contemplated the existence of god and came up with a very similar concept that good will prevail on evil as the human society progresses!

Peace!

53. The last of 3 major parts about Stoicism is Stoic Ethics.

Very much a practical philosophy of inner peace in our daily life, imo.

54. imo, the evolution/weakness of various religions has/had been trying to find/define God in a mystical direction which is to limit/ restrict what God can do and what God will not do, according to their holy books that was written by human beings, in order to ask their followers to follow through.

The holy books Is beyond and above God! ??? (Possibly a major source of causing various religious/political conflicts.)

A practical philosophy like Stoicism removes all the religious mysticism.

imo, the leaders of traditional religions should modernise/liberalise their religions by adopting/integrating more and more practical philosophy elements. Making their religions becoming much more believable than before.

That would be truly a Real Peace!

LOL

55. “Say to yourself in the early morning: I shall meet today ungrateful, violent, treacherous, envious, uncharitable men. All of the ignorance of real good and ill... I can neither be harmed by any of them, for no man will involve me in wrong, nor can I be angry with my kinsman or hate him; for we have come into the world to work together...”

Marcus Aurelius

To that I say Amen Brother!

56. There are too many new things I would like to learn from Stoicism.

One of them is the concept about evil person/doing.

Stoicism accepts that evil person/doing is simply part of nature/God. AFAIK

That makes me how to understand why Jesus says to accept your evil enemies' existence. This kind of acceptance is agape-love, therefore to agape-love your enemies' existence.

That's Stoicism.

Perhaps because of this, the concept of sin is also not much mentioned in Stoicism. AFAIK

When people following the Stoicism, with a mind of accepting evil person/thing as part of daily life, and without much concept of sin, (s)he then should be hardly often a hater.

It's funny, and practically useful.

Just 10 cents!

57. Man has created God and called him the "creator" therefore we are most God like when we are being creative because when we are creating we are in the moment/ consumed by the moment.

58. Religion: Whatever the holy book says is good!
    Philosophy: Arguing what is good!
    Practical Philosophy: Just being good!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

59. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG][/QUOTE]

upload_2017-4-8_13-35-19.png upload_2017-4-8_13-35-19.png

60. "Don't bend, don't water it down;
    Don't try to make it logical;
    Don't edit your soul according to the fashion.
    Rather, follow your most intense obsessions mercilessly."
    - Franz Kafka

61. "Miracles happen everyday, change your perception of what
    miracle is and you'll see them all around you."

-Jon Bon Jovi

62. All you ever have is the present moment. -Tolle

63. As soon as we free ourselves from the mirage of hurrying time, we are alive again, as in childhood, to the ecstasies of ordinary life.-Alan Watts

64. Perhaps the worldwide governments should allow legally only authorised holy books that are printed with 'official comments' provided by committee of scholars.

These 'official comments' would be focused on only the controversial verses that could be unfairly/ wrongly/ irrationally interpreted, leading to extreme actions.

Therefore, moderate believers can rely on the 'official comments' added in authorised holy books to counteract extremists' interpretations.

Never too late!!! LOL

65. Hundreds of years ago God was a great way to thwart the King's ambition. There was something higher up than the King.The Church sometimes calluded with the King when it was in their interests but sometimes vehemently opposed the King, as in the case of St. Thomas Beckett The greatest sin one could accuse another was blasphemy, sodomy or worshipping the devil.
    In times of war both sides invariably claimed the justice of their cause and God was on their side.

66. "And other spirits there are standing apart.
    Upon the forehead of age to come;
    These, these will give the world another heart,
    And other pulses. Hear ye not the hum.
    Of mighty workings in a distant mart?
    Listen awhile, ye nations, and be dumb.

- John Keats

67. "You are that vast thing that you see far, far off with great telescopes."-Alan Watts

68. "There is a way of breathing that's a shame and suffocation.
    And there is another way of expiring a love-breath that let's you open infinitely."

- Rumi

69. "Would that God had given us two lives,"
    One to gain experience, the other to use it."

- Saadi

70. Many millions of people have been murdered in the name of religion over the centuries and it still goes on even in these enlightened times.
    Well one excuse is as good as another I suppose for the psychopaths. The whys and wherefores are soon forgotten.
    The greatest virtue of religion is the unifying and positive force it generates. A country torn by almost perpetual war never succeeds.

71. What is positive about abusing children, taking new born from their mothers arms and selling them to another country, making children work as slaves for most of their childhood, and a few other things not as bad, but still not the right thing to do!

Mainstream religion is on the decline, due to the information highway and now social media.

Extreme religions are now flourishing, due to the same vehicles.

The world will always change and adapt.

The old ways are all but gone.

In bout 50 years time, it will be vastly different than today.

If you are young enough, you will see this play out.

For some, it does not really matter, as they already know why some people think and operate the way they do.

For others, they will continue on as is, still wishing and hoping until the day they die!

72. I was looking at the positive side of religion.

73. "Everyone sees what you appear to be, few really know what you are."

-Machiavelli

74. I always keep searching what I am! --- OddTrader

75. Desperate people will always turn to anything that offers some form of hope.

I do not dispute the fact that a lot of people have had positive experiences with religion, but this does not change the underlying reasons, to which most are blind, namely due to ignorance, in various forms.

One such form is following what your parents handed down to you, and not even bothering to question or validate.

76. Q
    An atheist was walking through the woods. "What majestic trees! What powerful rivers! What beautiful animals!" he said to himself.

As he was walking alongside the river, he heard a rustling in the bushes behind him.

He turned to look. He saw a 7-foot grizzly bear charge towards him. He ran as fast as he could up the path. He looked over his shoulder and saw that the bear was closing in on him.

He looked over his shoulder again, and the bear was even closer.

He tripped and fell on the ground. He rolled over to pick himself up but saw that the bear was right on top of him,reaching for him with his left paw and raising his right paw to strike him.

At that instant the Atheist cried out, "Oh my God!"

Time stopped. The bear froze. The forest was silent.

As a bright light shone upon the man, a voice came out of the sky.

"You deny my existence for all these years, teach others I don't exist and even credit creation to cosmic accident.

"Do you expect me to help you out of this predicament? Am I to count you as a believer?"

The atheist looked directly into the light, "It would be hypocritical of me to suddenly ask you to treat me as a Christian now, but perhaps you could make the BEAR a Christian?"

"Very well," said the voice.

The light went out. The sounds of the forest resumed.

And the bear dropped his right paw, brought both paws together, bowed his head and spoke:

"Lord bless this food, which I am about to receive from thy bounty through Christ our Lord, Amen."

UQ

77. All the bear wanted was a toilet roll :)

78. "Nothing ever goes away until it has taught us what we need to know"

-Pema Choddron

79. One simple poet can make much more meaning than ten million words!

It's the process that matters!

82. "One acquires everything in solitude, except character"

- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

83. One acquires everything in character, except solitude."

84. "If you put a chain around the neck of a slave the other end fastens around your own"

- Ralph Waldo Emerson

85. "If you release the chain around the neck of a slave you release the other end fastens around your own"

86. this doesn't jive...

87. "One acquires character in solitude, except everything "

88. "A rational heart after learning history of wars tries to avoid them. A proud one to repeat them."

89. "Those who restrain desire, do so because theirs is weak enough
    to be restrained."

- William Blake

90. 'Overly' religous people are very much like alcoholics.
    They turn to something for a crutch in life AND WILL NOT SO MUCH AS ENTERTAIN THE THOUGHT what they are doing also has a negative side to it.
    A closed mind to other possibilities is a killer of life.
    Everything has a positive and a negative component to it.
    Religion is no different, it serves a good purpose but is also destructive.
    Moderation is the key and dont be trapped or a follower of other people claiming superiority (religous or political 'elders')

Yin Yang, light and dark.

91. "A rational heart after learning history of wars tries to avoid them. A proud one to surpass them."

92. "A humble spirit learns courage to stop wars. A proud spirit learns courage to start wars."

93. " 'Overly' religious people thing they are the only righteous ones, others just unbelievable!"

94. It is no coincidence that God reversed becomes dog and dog is man's best friend.

95. That's why reversing the spelling of Woman would become Now-A-Man's-Own-Nanny!

96. "The hardest desire to desire is no desire, besides weak desire!"

97. "The secret to happiness is freedom, and the secret of freedom is courage"

- Thucydides

98. The Two Universal Sects:sneaky:

They all err—Moslems, Jews,

Christians, and Zoroastrians:

Humanity follows two world-wide sects:

One, man intelligent without religion,

The second, religious without intellect.

Al-Ma'arri

99. "Silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation"

-Rumi

100. I often say I can hear very clearly the language of God. Just nobody believes me.

101. Only an unusual person who knows nothing, virtually, would know the above truth!

102. "Well-being is realised by small steps, but is truly no small things." - Zeno of Citium

103. "PASCAL'S WAGER"
    "I don't know if God exists, but I know that I have nothing to gain from being an atheist
    if he does not exist, whereas I have plenty to lose if he does."

Blaise Pascal was a 17th century French mathematician/ philosopher

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blaise_Pascal

104. "If God exists, I'll have eternity. Whereas, no obvious loss. If I believe God, I get upsides. Whereas, potential downsides." - A religious believer's WAGER

105. "Don't only practice your art, but force your way into its secrets; art deserves that, for it and knowledge can raise man to the Divine."

Ludwig van Beethoven

[​IMG]

106. [​IMG]

107. Just the age old battle between good and evil.

108. Mother Teresa.jpg

If you want to see what a real angel looks like
    look @ the above pic!!

109. “Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by rulers as useful.”
    ― Seneca

110. "Treachery is a noble thing when enacted against tyranny"

- Corneille

111. [​IMG]

113. "The fact that an opinion has been widely held is no evidence whatever that it is not utterly absurd." - Bertrand Russell

114. "If you want to find meaning stop chasing after so many things"
    -Ryoken

115. Everyone would think widely the above opinion is very true!

116. "That God does not exist, I can not deny, that my whole being cries out for god, I can not forget."

Jean-Paul Sartre

117. "The highest part of the art of life is the expectation of miracles"
    - William Bolitho

118. This is a reply of mine 2nd time. :)

I seldom reply a same post twice!

119. Given that this site is a trading blog and markets are susceptible to manias and illusions makes Bertrand Russell quote very appropriate...

120. Markets are susceptible, and dangerous like this:

[​IMG]Can you spot the venomous snake lurking in the leaves? https://elitetrader.com/et/threads/can-you-see-it.308947/

[​IMG]

121. msn have Cortana. Google have theirs
    We have ours.

122. "Wisdom is doing what to do next, virtue is doing it"
    - David Starr Jordan

123. "Only he who see the invisible can do the impossible"
    -anonymous

124. "To be without attachment is noble"
    - Old Japanese saying

125. One spends a lot of time and energy building up one's wealth and reputation only to have others pull one down to their level.

126. "Reputation is what others know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself. Guard your honor, let your reputation fall where it will, and outlive the bastards."
    - Lois Bujold

127. "I have always known that at last I would take this road, but yesterday
    I did not know that it would be today."
    - A Japanese poem

128. "Truth perceived gives assurance. Skill yields self reliance. With courage, we can defy danger,
    to increase power, increase humility."
    -Dao

129. If there is an all powerful God then why did he allow so much suffering ? For instance if he could have stopped WW1 and WW2 then why didn't he ?
    Perhaps he will wake up and stop WW3 by dumping on Kim before it's too late.

130. My guess according to the equation that God=Universe=Nature=Reason, bad guys started previous wars then good guys won finally.

131. "Likeness to truth, is not truth"
    -Socrates

132. "The irony of life is that it's a one way journey. You can not go back. You can not
    make compensations by trying one way and then another. Therefore, wisdom will
    suffice to guide you."
    - Dao

133. "Every moment you're with your problems you are not with Dao.
    The best you can do is remember that our stress is not our absolute reality."
    - Dao

134. Forget what you've heard, forget what you think you know and simply pay attention.

135. "Faith consists of believing when it is beyond the power of reason to believe."
    - Voltaire

136. Which religion if any makes the best traders ?

137. Practice and endorse all religions -- it's good to be well-rounded and always open-minded o_O :)

But if I had to pick one...Jewish,

138. I'd say not religion but faith. Check out post #139.

139. "Don't bend; don't water it down; don't try to make it logical; don't edit your souls
    according to the fashion. Rather. follow your most intense obsessions mercilessly."
    - Franz Kafka

140. "Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication"
    - Leonardo da Vinci

141. "Happiness is fleeting, joy is a state of being"

142. I guess you are covering all your bases ?
    It's the kneeling and cow towing to the guy up front that made me an agnostic plus a knowledge of history of the cruelty and absurdity of religion.

143. "Don't be over righteous or over wise"
    -Ecclesiastes 7:16-8

144. Perhaps you can explain to me what they think they are doing at the Wailing Wall ?
    Looks quite balmy to a gentile onlooker.
    Religion seems unable to update its messages but are stuck in the past. Have we not progressed somewhat in the last 2000 years ? The bible etc. were cutting edge in their time but surely things have moved on.

145. Why is that so difficult for any people to understand?

Besides, many are still trying hard nowadays to find ways defending the written words in holy books of various faiths!

146. "Things that you can't buy are the most valuable health, love and happiness."
    - Criss Angel

147. "The moment you have clarity life comes to your aid"
    - Krishnamurthy

148. "Talent perceives differences; genius unity"
    - William Butler Yates

149. Excellent collection of quotes dealmaker.

150. "Here here"!

152. You be the singer,
    .... let God be the song.
    Let God be the sunrise,
    .....you be the dawn.
    -vz

153. God = Good Old Days

154. "Life is like music; it must be composed by ear, feeling and instinct, not by rule"
    - Samuel Butler

155. After all... tomorrow is another day.
    -Scarlett O'Hara

156. Spelled backwards is man's best friend !
    Walkies anyone ?

157. "Follow your fear it's GPS to where your soul wants to go"
    - Marie Forleo

158. "Always say "yes" to the present moment...Surrender to what is and see how life suddenly starts working for you."
    - Eckhart Tolle

159. "Cowards die many times before their death"
    -William Shakespeare

Take a chance!

160. "It always seems impossible until it's done"
    - Nelson Mandela

161. Don't as God what he wants from you or what you want from him - he won't reply or else my phone is on the blink !

162. I also want to try once myself. What's the number?

163. Dial one. That is the universal number. In fact, you do not need to call the universal God; he is closer to you than your brain neurons . Just take the time to connect to your subconscious and reflect on how your brain neurons work and you will find him to be there with every step you take!:finger:

164. "The force that through the green fuse drives the flower."
    Dylan Thomas

165. 463!

166. "Never be in a hurry; do everything quietly and in a calm spirit. Do not lose your inner peace for anything whatsoever, even if your whole world seems upset."
    - Saint Francis de Sales

167. "He who thinks he knows, doesn't know. He who knows that he doesn't know, knows"
    - Lao Tse

168. The prodigies make the best traders. Wasn't Jesus a prodigy of God? So we have to be like all the best children of each religion to be a best trader. What prodigies were there in other religions? I cannot recall any. So be like The Jesus in your trading, and you will trade well? :)

169. "Everyone takes the limits of their own vision for the limits of the world"
    - Arthur Schopenhauer

170. "Vision is the art of seeing things invisible"
    - Johnathan Swift

171. "Strongest of all warriors are these two, Time and Patience"
    - Leo Tolstoy

172. "The only thing that can conquer fear is faith"
    - anonymous

173. "Real generosity towards the future lies in giving it all to the present"
    - Albert Camus

174. "And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom."
    - Anais Nin

175. "The world breaks everyone and afterward many are stronger in broken places"
    -Ernest Hemingway

176. "Trust your instinct to the end, though you can render no reason"
    - Ralph Waldo Emerson

177. "You can teach a better sermon with your life than with your lips"

178. “The impediment to action advances action. What stands in the way becomes the way.”

Marcus Aurelius

179. "The secret to happiness is freedom... And the secret to freedom is courage."
    - Thucydides

180. "If you want the whole thing, the gods will give it to you. But you must be ready for it"
    - Joseph Campbell

181. :thumbsup:Keep 'em coming dm...good stuff.

182. "That which bound us freed us; and in this freedom we found ourselves bound as closely as possible.”
    -de Beauvoir

183. "Your mind knows some things. Your inner voice knows everything and will always lead you down the right path"
    - Henry Winkler

184. Ultimate wisdom is freely available to us all, we simply need to pay attention...therein lies the crux, paying attention.

185. Of course "paying attention" requires quieting the mind, giving no weight to passing thoughts, passing no judgement to thoughts...ie meditation..not easy but do it anyway.

186. "Your vision becomes clear when you, look into your heart. Who looks outside, dreams; who looks inside, awakens"
    - Carly Jung

187. "The longer I live, the more beautiful life becomes." Frank Lloyd Wright

188. "If one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endeavors to live the life which he has imagined, he will meet with a success unexpected in common hours"
    - Henry David Thoreau

189. "Nothing splendid has ever been achieved except by those who dared believe
    that something inside them was superior to circumstances"
    - Bruce Barton

190. The path of goodness leads to God.

191. "Two things define you. Your patience when you have nothing and your attitude when you have
    everything"
    - anonymous

192. "If your dreams are your road map, your heart is your guide"
    - Angela Ahrendts

193. "Better you're at who you are, better you're at what you do"
    -Tom Bilyeu

194. Better to enjoy life and others imho than chase that false God called money.
    Many of the rich I have met are mean and miserable. Hated by others and appreciated by none.
    But there have been exceptions.

195. If you have a great talent let it shine forth, If you have great wealth don't sit on it like a miser ! Use it wisely and generously.

196. "The irony of life is that its a one way journey. You can not go back. You can not make compensations by trying one way and then another. Therefore wisdom will suffice to guide you"
    - Dao

197. I found this in a gardening magazine,

You will find god in your garden, and they were right.

198. The path to God is through ones Heart.

199. Apparently you're in agreement with Rumi. The very first post.

200. "You need to be panicking certain % of the time in your life. At the edge things are tense, premature certainty is the death of creativity/ progress"
    - Jad Abumrad ( host of Radiolab)

201. "Thought is creation, manifest your reality."

202. "In the midst of a change we often discover wings we never knew we had"
    - Ekaterina Walters

203. "He who knows others is wise
    He who knows himself is enlightened"
    Laozi

204. "When life presents us an opportunity we must be ready to seize it. Position is useless without awareness. If we have both, we make no mistakes." - Dao

205. Ask not what God can do for you, but what can you do for God.
    ( JFK almost )

206. "No one gives you initiative, you have to take it"
    - Seth Godin

207. If God brings you to it,

He will bring you through it.

208. It sounds good but trust me ,God has nothing to do with it!:sneaky:

209. “There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle.”
    Albert Einstein

210. "All teachings are mere references. Sages say true experience is living your own life"
    - Dao

211. "Perfect concentration means effortless flowing"
    - Dao

212. "There is calmness to a life lived in gratitude, a quiet joy"
    - Ralph Blum

213. “Life becomes easier and more beautiful when we can see the good in other people.”
    Roy T. Bennett

214. "Enthusiasm is common but endurance is rare"
    - Angela Duckworth

215. “The saddest aspect of life right now is that science gathers knowledge faster than society gathers wisdom.”
    Isaac Asimov

;)

216. "Wisely, and slow. They stumble that run fast"
    - William Shakespeare

217. “This life’s hard, but it’s harder if you’re stupid.”
    George V. Higgins

218. "You are never too old to set another goal or to dream another dream"
    - C.S. Lewis

219. "Great moments are born from great opportunities"
    - Herb Brooks

220. "To persevere, trusting what hopes he has, is courage in a man"
    - Euripides

221. "Stop trying to leave, and you will arrive"
    - Lao Tzu

"You must find the place inside yourself where nothing is impossible"
    - Deepak Chopra

222. "Mecca= goal of ones ambitions"
    - Oxford English Dictionary

223. "Perseverance is genius in disguise"
    - Barry Sternlicht

224. "Life begins at the end of your comfort zone"
    - Neale Donald Walsh

225. "You always pass failure on the way to success"
    - Mickey Rooney

226. "Wealth is slave of a wise man, the master of a fool"
    - Seneca

227. “Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Willing is not enough; we must do."
    - Johann Wolfgang Von Goethe”

228. How about searching?

229. "It takes courage to grow up and become who you are" - e.e. cummings

230. "Kites rise highest against the wind - not with it." Winston Churchill

231. Nice series dealmaker :thumbsup:

232. "Extraordinary life is life lived on your own terms."
    - Tony Robbins

233. Путь добра - путь к Богу

Alexander Knutsov

234. "It is better to light a candle than curse the darkness"
    - Eleanor Roosevelt

235. "It's a happy circumstance that when nature gives us true burning desire, it also gives us the means to satisfy them."
    - Ed Seykota

236. "Constancy of purpose is what creates wealth and success"
    - anonymous

237. "It is not the answer that enlightens but the question." Eugene Ionesco

238. "You can't make a good deal with a bad person"
    - Warren Buffett

239. "I am not afraid of storms for I am learning how to sail my ship"
    - Louisa May Alcott

240. "The moment you have clarity, life comes to your aid"
    - Krishnamurti

241. In life everything is temporary but in death its permanent.

242. "You don't get what you hope for. You don't get what you wish for. You get what you believe."
    - Oprah Winfrey

243. "Nature is not capricious, she wouldn't give us desire if she didn't give us the ability to manifest
    it."
    - Emerson

244. In Search of God?

You need to go beyond a strong metal fencing then get inside the thick double-brick walls!

[​IMG]

245. God has its own Hell. and his Hell is his love to humans.
    - Nietzsche

246. "Talent perceives differences, genius, unity"
    - William Butler Yates

247. The function of prayer is not to influence God, but rather to change the nature of the one who prays.

Kierkegaard

248. "Rest in reason, move in passion"
    - Khalil Gibran

249. "Happiness is a state of activity"
    - Aristotle

250. "Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you
    courage"
    - Lao Tzu

251. "Meaning of life is to find your gift, purpose of life is to give it away"
    - Pablo Picasso

252. "Make the most of yourself by fanning the tiny, inner sparks of possibility into flames of
    achievement"
    - Golda Meir

253. "The highest part of art of life is the expectation of miracles"
    -William Bolitho

254. "Be grateful for everything you have, for this very moment, all you have is all you need"
    - anonymous

255. "Bliss is a necessary condition of life for life to flower to it's full potential but not
    the end goal, without bliss life will be constrained"
    -Sadhguru

256. Amazed that this thread is on E.T.
    Thanks.

257. I found l had less and less to say, until finally, I became silent, and began to listen. I discovered in the silence, the voice of God

Kierkegaard

258. "Everything has been figured out except how to live"
    - Jean-Paul Sartre

259. “Imagination is the beginning of creation. You imagine what you desire, you will what you imagine and at last you create what you will.”

– George Bernard Shaw

260. If we really want to be full and generous in spirit, we have no choice but to trust at some level.

Rita Dove

261. "Most everything you want is just outside your comfort zone"
    - Jack Canfield

262. "Love is what we are born with. Fear is what we learned here"
    - Marianne Williamson

263. "Distance is nothing; it is only the first step that is difficult"
    - Madame du Deffand

264. More folks should follow this fine thread...might cut down on the bluster and balderdash.

265. Most intellectual people do not believe in God,
    but they fear him just the same.

(Wilhelm Reich)

266. "faith isn't a feeling.
    It's a choice to trust
    God even when the
    road ahead seems
    uncertain"

Dave Willis

267. Patience is necessary, and one
    cannot reap immediately where one
    has sown.

Kierkegaard

268. "The only thing that can conquer fear is faith"
    - anonymous

269. "There is no set path.
    The path is made by walking."
    — Antonio Machado

270. "If you would be loved, love, and be lovable."
    - Benjamin Franklin

271. "Perseverance, dear my lord, Keeps honour bright."
    - William Shakespeare

272. "Persist and persevere, and you will find most things that are attainable, possible"
    - Philip Stanhope

273. "When you talk, you are only repeating what you already know. But if you listen, you may learn something new."

Dalai Lama

274. Impossible is just a big word thrown around by small men who find it easier to
    live in the world they've been given, than to explore the power they have to change it.

Impossible is not a fact, it's an opinion.
    Impossible is not a declaration, it's a dare.
    Impossible is potential.
    Impossible is temporary.
    Impossible is nothing.

-Muhammad Ali

275. "It always seems impossible until it's done"
    - Nelson Mandela

276. "And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom"
    - Anais Nin

277. "When one teaches, two learn."

Robert Heinlein

278. "Life was always a matter of waiting for the right moment to act." -Paulo Coelho

279. Mirabeau's dictum "Be bold, still be bold, always be bold"

280. "Out beyond ideas of right doing and wrong doing, there is a field. I will meet you there"
    - Rumi

281. "Find out who you are and do it on purpose"
    - Dolly Parton

282. Must be a good trader!

283. "When you get into a tight place and everything goes against you, till it seems as tough you
    could not hang on a minute longer, never give up then, for that is just the place and time that
    the tide will turn"
    - Harriet Beecher Stowe

284. "In the end if you wake knowing you have risked everything for what you desire...then you can
    rest for eternity knowing you have truly lived"
    - Rudyard Kipling

285. "You can't connect the dots looking forward; you can only connect them looking backwards. So
    you have to trust that the dots somehow will connect in your future. You have to trust
    something - your gut, destiny, life, karma, whatever. This approach has never let me down,
    and has made all the difference in my life"
    - Steve Jobs

286. "The person born with a talent they are meant to use will findtheir greatest happiness in using it."

287. "Live the wonderful life that is in you! Let nothing be lost upon you. Be always searching for new sensations. Be afraid of nothing.”
    ― Oscar Wilde

288. Maybe Steve Jobs has been reading Kierkegaard's notes?

"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards".

Soren Kierkegaard

289. "And once sent out, a word takes wing beyond recall." - Horace

290. That was from his 2005 Stanford Commencement speech...

291. Wrong is Wrong even if everyone is doing it,
    Right is Right even if no one is doing it.

292. Yes, but there is a strong similarity in the message.

293. Agreed.

294. Great quotes provide insight and clarity.

295. A man who works with his hands is a laborer;
    a man who works with his hands and his mind is a craftsman;
    but a man who works with his hands, brain and his heart is an artist.

St. Thomas Aquinas

296. "To the artist alone are the rules of his art valuable"
    - Dickson G. Watt

297. "Two things define you. Your patience when you have nothing and your attitude when you have
    everything"
    - anonymous

298. Kierkegaard was once asked, "what is a poet?" He answered that a poet
    was an unhappy man whose moans and cries of anguish were
    transformed into ravishing music.

-Langdon Brown Gilkey-

299. "if your dreams are your road-map, your heart is your guide"
    -Angela Ahrendts

300. "It's choice, not chance, that determines your destiny"
    - Jean Nidetch

301. "Never look down on anyone unless you're helping them up"
    - anonymous

302. "Suffering of the body is pain, of the mind anguish, of the spirit agony"
    - Dickson G. Watts

303. The path of goodness is the way to God

304. "To conquer fate, advance to meet it"
    - Dickson G. Watts

305. "Man's enemies are legion. Oftentimes he himself is his only friend"
    - Dickson G. Watts

• [Everything] ideal has a natural basis and everything natural an ideal development.
    George Santayana

306. To become, act as if.

Anon

307. "To separate essential from the non essential is mark of a superior mind"
    Dickson G. Watts

308. "The man who "knows it all" has much to learn"
    - Dickson G. Watts

309. "A blind man knows he can not see, and yet is glad to be led, though it be by a
    dog; but he that is blind in his understanding which is the worst blindness of all,
    believes he sees the best, and scorns a guide"
    - Samuel Butler

310. "Look deep into nature and then you will understand everything better."
    -Albert Einstein

311. "Go to heaven for the climate and to hell for the company."
    -Mark Twain

312. "No one saves us but ourselves. No one can and no one may. We ourselves must walk the path."
    -Buddha

313. "When life presents an opportunity we must be ready to seize it. Position is useless without
    awareness. If we have both, we make no mistakes."
    - Dao

314. "Man rules man, ideas rule the world"
    - Dickson G. Watts

315. "It is not in the stars to hold our destiny but in ourselves."
    -William Shakespeare

316. "It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see."
    -Henry David Thoreau

317. "The most important question you can ever ask is if the Universe is a friendly place"
    - Albert Einstein

318. "Acquire a habit and a habit acquires you"
    -Dickson G. Watts

319. "Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you."

-Friedrich Nietzsche

320. "You drown not by falling into a river, but by staying submerged in it."

-Paulo Coelho

321. "Perfect concentration means effortless flowing"
    - Dao

322. "A man who does not change his mind has little mind to change"
    - Dickson G. Watts

323. [​IMG]

324. "I can not blame someone for revealing my secret, because I could not hide it myself"
    Ali bin Abi Talib

325. "Nobility is three traits: being generous although you have little to give, tolerating without being humiliated, and abstaining from asking for favors."

Ali bin Abi Tabib

326. "Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever."
    -Mahatma Gandhi

327. "The need to be right is the sign of a vulgar mind."
    -Albert Camus

328. “Do not believe in anything simply because you have heard it. Do not believe in anything simply because it is spoken and rumored by many. Do not believe in anything simply because it is found written in your religious books. Do not believe in anything merely on the authority of your teachers and elders. Do not believe in traditions because they have been handed down for many generations. But after observation and analysis, when you find that anything agrees with reason and is conducive to the good and benefit of one and all, then accept it and live up to it.”
    Gautama Buddha

329. "One can be instructed in society, one is inspired only in solitude."

330. “Life is as dear to a mute creature as it is to man. Just as one wants happiness and fears pain, just as one wants to live and not die, so do other creatures.”
    Dalai Lama XIV

331. “Human use, population, and technology have reached that certain stage where mother Earth no longer accepts our presence with silence.”
    Dalai Lama XIV

332. Being wrong most of the time is the misfortune of fools and the playground of comics.

333. "There are no foreign lands, it's only the traveler who is foreign"
    - Robert Louis Stevenson

334. When did God last speak to YOU ?

335. "Don't judge each day by the harvest you reap but by the seeds that you plant."
    -Robert Louis Stevenson

336. "The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have."
    - Vince Lombardi

337. "The words of truth are simple."
    -Aeschylus

338. "An optimist may see a light where there is none, but why must the pessimist always run to blow it out?"
    -Rene Descartes

339. "Whether truth or fiction find inspiration where you can"
    - Sir Richard Branson

340. "If you see a get rich quick scheme, it's somebody trying to get rich off of you"
    - Naval Ravikant

341. “Easy choices, hard life. Hard choices, easy life”—Naval Ravikant

342. "The true delight is in the finding out rather than in the knowing."
    - Isaac Asimov

343. "Never let your sense of morals get in the way of doing what's right."
    - Isaac Asimov

344. "What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us"
    - Ralph Waldo Emerson

345. "Never trust a man that doesn't drink".
    -John Wayne

346. "I refuse to join any club that would have me as a member"
    - Groucho Marx

347. "Happiness is being peaceful and accepting of what's going on around you. Sense that there is
    nothing that is missing at that moment."
    - Naval Ravikant

348. "Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power."
    -Abraham Lincoln

349. Gotta love Groucho

350. "A champion is someone who gets up when he can't."
    - Jack Dempsey

351. "If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough."
    -Albert Einstein

352. "Wisdom consists of seeing many things and concentrating on one thing"
    - Dickson G. Watts

353. "Tendency is everything. The direction in which you start determines your destination"
    - Dickson G. Watts

354. "Never underestimate the wisdom of Mr. Watts".
    -vz

355. The spirit of Zaphod Beeblebrox the Fourth, to his great-great grandkid ZAPHOD...

"...Oh-ummm, we have a saying up here: “life is wasted on the living”.

ZAPHOD:
    Yeah, very good…very deep. Right now I need aphorisms like I need holes in my heads. "

Y'all are silly with all your aphorisms.

356. Overnight, are you Marvin the Paranoid Android?

357. Buddism.jpg

The four truths of life.
    *Human life is full of suffering.
    * The cause of suffering is greed
    *Greed can be controlled
    *To control greed and end suffering, you have to follow the following eight steps!

358. eightfold-path-illustration-0802.jpg

359. "Adopt the pace of nature: her secret is patience."
    - Ralph Waldo Emerson

360. "Let me embrace thee, sour adversity, for wise men say it is the wisest course."
    - William Shakespeare

361. "Success usually comes to those who are too busy to be looking for it"
    - Henry David Thoreau

362. "All men's miseries come from inability to sit quiet and alone"
    - Pascal

363. "If you are really committed, then not only are you certain that you are doing the
    right thing, but somehow events just seem to occur to help you."
    Dr. Van K. Tharp

364. In 1993, Deepak Chopra Showed Oprah the Power of Her Mind

365. "For a man to conquer himself is the first and noblest of all victories."
    - Plato

366. "Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools because they have to say something."
    - Plato

367. "Dreamer is a man who lives in advance of his time"
    - Dickson G. Watts

368. "Man begins in simplicity, advances to complexity, returns to simplicity. The last is complexity
    reduced to the fewer terms. Society follows the same course. It is now in the complex stage."
    - Dickson G. Watts

369. "Science is organized knowledge. Wisdom is organized life."
    - Immanuel Kant

370. "To be is to do."
    - Immanuel Kant

"Do be do be do"
    -Frank Sinatra

371. "The future belongs to those who believe in beauty of their dreams"
    - Eleanor Roosevelt

372. "Start every day off with a smile and get it over with."
    - W. C. Fields

373. "The moment you have clarity life comes to your aid"
    - Krishnamurti

374. "You don't get what you hope for. You don't get what you wish for. You get what you believe."
    - Oprah Winfrey

375. "Let the beauty of what you love be what you do"
    - Rumi

376. The people in stable countries don't realize how lucky they really are.
    Change can be disastrous.

377. "If I take death into my life, acknowledge it, and face it squarely, I will free myself from the anxiety of death and the pettiness of life - and only then will I be free to become myself."
    - Martin Heidegger

378. "If you want to know who your friends are, get yourself a jail sentence."
    -Charles Bukowski

379. ''An intellectual says a simple thing in a hard way. An artist says a hard thing in a simple way."
    -Charles Bukowski

380. "Nature is not capricious, she wouldn't give us desire, if she didn't give us the ability to manifest
    it."
    - Emerson

381. "Being challenged in life is inevitable, being defeated is optional"
    - Roger Crawford

382. "The heart has it's reasons which reason knows nothing of"
    - Blaise Pascal

383. "When you get to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on"
    - Franklin D. Roosevelt

384. " There is something about the risk, the courage that it takes to face the risk; I am not going to get greatness unless, I have to go at it with fear and uncertainly"
    -Jerry Lewis

385. "Nothing can reflect you, that isn't within you"
    - Candance van Dell

386. "People tend to forget their duties but remember their rights."
    - Indira Gandhi

387. "Pursue excellence, ignore success"
    - Deepak Chopra MD

388. Police are reported to be hot on HIS trail !

389. "The way you find out who you are is by finding out who you are not"
    - Barry Hearn

390. "Who controls the past controls the future, who controls the present controls the past."
    -George Orwell

391. "Pleasure in the job puts perfection in the work"
    - Aristotle

392. "Money adds nothing to an extraordinary man, but it is the "saving grace" of an ordinary man"
    - Dickson G. Watts

393. "Life is not a problem to be solved, but a reality to be experienced."
    - Soren Kierkegaard

394. "Face the facts of being what you are, for that is what changes what you are."
    - Soren Kierkegaard

395. "Everything is theoretically impossible, until it is done"
    - Robert A. Heinlein

396. "Strong man are silent. When a strong man begins to talk, he is losing his power"
    - Dickson G. Watts

397. "Talented man must live to be appreciated. The genius must die to be appreciated"
    - Dickson G. Watts

398. "Life leaps like a geyser for those who drill through the rock of inertia"
    - Alexis Carrel

399. "Words are counters in the game of life. Use them carefully; they must be redeemed"

"Brevity is the soul of language"

- Dickson G. Watts

400. "To know to speak is rare, when to be silent, rarer still"
    - Dickson G. Watts

401. "Every person, I suppose, has their eccentricities. But, in an effort to be normal in the world's eye, they overcome them... I've kept mine, and do believe that they have lent generously to my existence." - Charles Bukowski

402. "Success is moving from one failure to the next with great enthusiasm"
    -Winston Churchill

403. "Failure isn't durable"
    - Francis Ford Coppola

404. “Only those who dare to fail greatly can ever achieve greatly.”
    - Robert F. Kennedy

405. God and the Devil reside within all of us.

406. "No one should be ashamed to admit they are wrong, which is but saying, in other words, that they are wiser today than they were yesterday."
    - Alexander Pope

407. "There is a certain majesty in simplicity which is far above all the quaintness of wit."
    - Alexander Pope

408. "Trader is a man who earns what he gets and does not give or take the undeserved"
    - John Galt ( quote from Ayn Rand's, Atlas Shrugged)

409. God spelled backwards is DOG.

Jesus us known as a friend that sticks closer than a brother, but we all know a DOG is man's best friend.

Dogs relieve anxiety. Religion, in the name of God, creates it.

Dogs show unconditional love. Show me one religious leader (not a mystic) who does?

God came to Earth thousands of time throughout eternity. He just happened to show up as your DOG. Then, the really religious leave GOD/DOG by himself on Sundays because your church wants no part of either one.

410. "The purpose of life is to discover your gift; the work of life is to develop it; and
    the meaning of life is to give your gift away."
    - David Viscott

411. "Believe in yourself, listen to your gut, and do what you love"
    - Dylan Lauren

412. "Act as if what you do makes a difference. It does."
    - William James

413. "Pessimism leads to weakness, optimism to power."
    - William James

414. Best quote ever. :fistbump::sneaky:

415. Oh goody, c'mon everyone, tell me your trade secrets :)

416. "I sincerely believe... that banking establishments are more dangerous than standing armies."
    -Thomas Jefferson

417. "My first wish is to see this plague of mankind, war, banished from the earth. "
    -George Washington

418. “We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid.”
    Benjamin Franklin
    :D

419. "When you have exhausted all possibilities, remember this: you haven't"
    - Thomas Edison

420. "Self limitation is the market mastery"
    - Michelangelo

421. "Life isn't about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself."
    -George Bernard Shaw

422. “Patience is a conquering virtue.”
    Geoffrey Chaucer

423. “Patience is power.
    Patience is not an absence of action;
    rather it is "timing"
    it waits on the right time to act,
    for the right principles
    and in the right way.”
    Fulton J. Sheen

424. “Patience is bitter, but its fruit is sweet.”
    Aristotle

425. “Patience is not passive waiting. Patience is active acceptance of the process required to attain your goals and dreams.”
    Ray A. Davis

426. “Patience and persistence are the keys... The keys to unlock doors of success... With these two virtues, you grow in reasoning and experience.”

427. Good series Stocktracker..

428. Thanks!
    I truly believe that the "Holy Grail of trading " is patience.:finger:

429. Patience, generally speaking, is and Can be good -- But like everything...it's a double-edged sword to consider, o_O

That's what makes trading, and predicting the future, so hard -- but also exciting, and potentially Rewarding,

430. "Be grateful for everything you have, for this very moment, all you have is all you need."
    - anonymous

431. "Every setback is a set up for comeback"
    - anonymous

"There is no failure, there is feedback"
    - Tim Ferriss

432. "All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident."
    - Arthur Schopenhauer

433. "Journalists are like dogs, when ever anything moves they begin to bark."
    - Arthur Schopenhauer

434. "If you are lucky enough to have a choice, choose something you love"
    - Gary Shilling PhD

435. "Solitude is the only lover who won't leave you"
    - Sylvain Tesson

436. "What lies behind you and what lies in front of you, pales in comparison to what lies inside of you."
    - Ralph Waldo Emerson

437. "Success is often the result of a misstep in the right direction"
    - Al Bernstein

438. "Reality + dreams + determination = successful life"
    - Ray Dalio

439. "Another flaw in the human character is that everybody wants to build and nobody wants to do maintenance." - Kurt Vonnegut

440. "Action speaks louder than words but not nearly as often."
    - Mark Twain

441. "From a certain point onward there is no longer any turning back. That is the point that must be reached."
    - Franz Kafka

442. "Finest thought runs the risk of being irrevocably forgotten if we do not write it down"
    - Arthur Schopenhauer

443. "The symbol of all relationships among such men, the moral symbol for human beings, is the trader"
    - Ayn Rand ( from Galt's speech Atlas Shrugged 1957)

444. "Trader is a man who earns what he gets and does not give or take the undeserved"
    - Ayn Rand ( from Galt's speech Atlas Shrugged 1957)

445. "The reward for a work well done is opportunity to do more"
    - Jonas Salk

446. "It is wise to direct your anger towards problems - not people; to focus your energies on answers - not excuses."
    - William Arthur Ward

447. "When it is obvious that the goals cannot be reached, don't adjust the goals, adjust the action steps."
    - Confucius

448. "The superior man is modest in his speech, but exceeds in his actions."
    - Confucius

449. "Faith is taking the first step even when you don't see the whole staircase"
    - Martin Luther King Jr.

450. "All rising to a great place is by a winding staircase"
    - Francis Bacon

451. "What you see with your eyes closed are real; and the things you see with your eyes open are an illusion". ~ Ancient Indian Proverb

452. I see.

453. what is your contribution?

454. what is your contribution?

455. Do you have issues with respecting others ?
    others decisions, choices ? how do you feel about free will ?

456. True!

457. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

458. "You cannot get an A if you're afraid of getting an F."
    - Quincy Jones

459. "Perhaps all the dragons of our lives are princesses who are only waiting to see us once beautiful and brave."
    - Rainer Maria Rilke

460. Not All of them!

Some very dangerous!

461. "Every man with a new idea is a crank until the idea succeeds"
    - Mark Twain

462. "A committee is a cul de sac down which ideas are lured and then quietly strangled"
    - Sir Robert Cocks

463. :D

464. He was a member of parliament 1907-89

465. For 82 years ?!

466. Rather he lived 82 years. Without googling him based on the nature of the name I'd say he was a member of the Tory party and the aristocracy.

ps I've got it from stock traders almanac

467. "To see things in the seed, that is genius."
    - Lao Tzu

468. "To realize that you do not understand is a virtue; Not to realize that you do not understand is a defect."
    - Lao Tzu

469. "Easy choices hard life, hard choices easy life"
    - Naval Ravikant

470. "With every rising of the sun,
    Think of your life as just begun."
    - Ella Wheeler Wilcox

471. "When it's free, you are the product"
    - Diogenes

472. "He that cannot reason is a fool. He that will not is a bigot. He that dare not is a slave."
    - Andrew Carnegie

473. "I will never be an old man. To me, old age is always 15 years older than I am."
    - Francis Bacon

474. "The game taught me the game"
    - Jesse Lauriston Livermore

475. "It's not a matter of luck. It's a matter if you're prepared for an opportunity"
    - Robert Greene ( 48 Laws of Power)

476. [QUOTE=" post: 4513171]"With every rising of the sun, Think of your life as just begun."
    - Ella Wheeler Wilcox[/QUOTE]

With every rising of the sun every creature great and small should look forward to the day with happy expectations.
    Don't you be the person that puposely destroys that of another.

477. "The lost time is never found again"
    - Thelonious Monk

478. And Monk was sure creative about time signatures.

479. :D

480. A man is as young as the women he feels.

-Bill Clinton

481. "If you want the whole thing, the gods will give it to you. But you must be ready for it."
    - Joseph Campbell

482. "Unless you love EVERYBODY, you can't sell ANYBODY"
    - from Jerry Maguire 1996

483. "When everybody starts looking really smart, and not realizing that a lot of it was luck, I get
    scared."
    - Raphael Yavneh

484. "A man must believe in himself and his judgement, if he expects to make a living"
    - Jesse Lauriston Livermore

485. We seek God like perfection.

486. "No valid plans for the future can be made by those who have no capacity for living now."
    - Alan Watts

487. "Reality is only a Rorschach ink-blot, you know."
    - Alan Watts

488. "Finding ecstasy in life; the mere sense of living is joy enough"
    - Emily Dickinson

489. "We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light."
    - Plato

490. "There is geometry in the humming of the strings, there is music in the spacing of the spheres."
    -Pythagoras

491. "If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of the giants"
    - Isaac Newton

492. "Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts."
    - Winston Churchill

493. "Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterward."
    - Vernon Law

494. "Your vision becomes clear when you look into your heart. Who looks outside dreams; who looks
    inside, awakens." - Carl Jung

495. "The great secret of success in life is for a man to be ready when his opportunity comes"
    - Benjamin Disraeli

496. "There is no limit to what a man can do if he doesn't mind who gets the credit"
    - Ronald Reagan

497. "It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere."
    - Voltaire

498. "Prejudices are what fools use for reason."
    - Voltaire

499. "Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind"
    - Walt Whitman

500. "Don't tell people your problems, 90% don't care and 10% are glad you have 'em"
    -Lou Holtz

501. "A fool and his money are soon elected."
    - Will Rogers

502. "You can not be sure that you're right unless you understand the arguments against your views
    better than your opponents do."
    - Milton Friedman

503. "I paint objects as I think of them, not as I see them"
    - Pablo Picasso

504. "Never confuse price with value."
    - Mr. Market

506. “You only are free when you realize you belong no place — you belong every place — no place at all.”

Maya Angelou

507. It is the main reason I wanted to learn trading. So home can be no place -every place and no place at all!

Good one Mr. D :thumbsup:

508. “Freedom is not something that anybody can be given. Freedom is something people take, and people are as free as they want to be”
    James Baldwin

509. “The most dangerous creation of any society is the man who has nothing to lose.”
    James Baldwin

510. "Best investors do it intuitively, being right doesn't make you money unless coupled with timing
    and if everyone else knows it." - Howard Marks

511. "The over weening conceit which the greater part of men have of their own abilities and their
    absurd presumption of their good fortune." -Motivation described by Adam Smith

512. "Good fortune is fortuitous"

513. "Freedom's just another word for....nothin' left to lose".
    -Kris Kristofferson

514. "Let him that would move the world, first move himself." - Socrates

515. "Yield not to calamity, but face her boldly."
    - Virgil

516. "Honesty is doing the best you can" - Bill Shankly

517. "The becoming of man is the history of the exhaustion of his possibilities." - Susan Sontag

518. "They are able because they think they are able."
    - Virgil

519. "Curiosity is one of the most permanent and certain characteristics of a vigorous intellect."
    - Samuel Johnson

520. "The value of our expectations always signifies something in the middle between the best we
    can hope for and the worst we can fear." - Jacob Bernoulli

521. ""

"">

522. "Your vision will become clear only when you can look into your own heart. Who looks outside, dreams; who looks inside, awakes."
    - Carl Jung

523. "My other brother-in-law died. He was a karate expert, then joined the army. The first time he saluted, he killed himself."
    - Henny Youngman

524. "No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." - Eleanor Roosevelt

525. "To the ordinary person everything is a blessing or a curse but to a warrior there
    are only challenges" - Carlos Castaneda

526. "Fool never learns, smart men learn from his mistakes, wise men learn from mistakes of others"
    - Thomas Fuller

527. "It does not matter how slowly you go as long as you do not stop."
    - Confucius

528. "Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life."
    - Confucius

529. Do the difficult things while they are easy and do the great things while they are small. A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step.
    -Lao Tzu

530. "Excellence requires one hundred percent all of the time." - Charles Swindoll

531. "When an old man dies, library burns down"
    - an old African proverb

532. "All men's miseries come from their inability to sit quiet and alone"
    - Pascal

533. Confucius was never in a band. :D

534. HaHa..no but he did travel with a group of followers.

535. "The most beautiful experience we can have is the mysterious."
    - Einstein

536. "In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities, but in the expert's mind there are few."
    -Shunryu Suzuki

537. "Travel is fatal to bigotry, prejudice and narrow mindedness."
    - Mark Twain

538. "Words are the money of fools."
    - Thomas Hobbes

539. "Faith consists of believing when it is beyond the power of reason to believe"
    - Voltaire

540. "A wise men turn chance into good opportunity."
    - Thomas Fuller

541. "Any human anywhere will blossom in a hundred unexpected talents and capacities simply by
    giving the opportunity to do so." - Doris Lessing ( 2007 Nobel Prize for literature)

542. "Nature has established patterns originating in return events, but only for the most part"
    - Gottfried Wilhelm Leibniz

543. "Making a true decision means committing to achieving a result and then cutting yourself off
    from any other possibility."
    - Anthony Robbins

544. "The minute you have a back-up plan, you have admitted you are not going to succeed"
    - Elizabeth Holmes

545. "In order to attain the impossible one must attempt the absurd."
    - Miguel de Cervantes

546. "You have to believe you are on the right track even if you don't know where the path is going."
    - Dr. Romila Mushtaq

547. "Surrender to the process not the end goal. Never fear the great lows in pursuit of great highs."
    - Adam Seltzner PhD.

548. "If one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endeavors to live the life which
    he has imagined, he will meet with success unexpectedly in common hours."
    - Henry David Thoreau

549. "If your dreams are your road-map your heart is your guide."
    - Angela Ahrendts

550. "Not all those that wonder are lost"
    - J.R.R. Tolkien

551. "Pretending to know everything closes the door to finding what's really there."
    - Neil de Grasse Tyson

552. "Discipline equals freedom" - Jocko Willink

553. "....I believe that the desire to evolve, i.e., to get better, is probably humanity’s most pervasive driving force. Enjoying your job, a craft, or your favorite sport comes from the innate satisfaction of getting better.
    Though most people typically think that they are striving to get things (e.g., toys, better houses, money, status, etc.) that will make them happy, that is not usually the case. Instead, when we get the things we are striving for, we rarely remain satisfied.
    It affects the changes of everything from all species to the entire solar system. It is good because evolution is the process of adaptation that leads to improvement. So, based on how I observe both nature and humanity working, I believe that what is bad and most punished are those things that don’t work because they are at odds with the laws of the
    universe and they impede evolution.

It is natural that it should be this way—i.e., that our lives are not satisfied by obtaining our goals rather than by striving for them—because of the law of diminishing returns.
    It is natural for us to seek other things or to seek to make the things we have better. In the process of this seeking, we continue to evolve and we contribute to the evolution of all that we have contact with. The things we are striving for are just the bait to get us to chase
    after them in order to make us evolve, and it is the evolution and not the reward itself that matters to us and those around us."
    Principles by Ray Dalio

554. "Achievement = talent x effort²" - Angela Duckworth PhD

555. "There is calmness to a life lived in gratitude, a quiet joy."
    - Ralph Blum

556. "Setting a goal is not the main thing. It is deciding how you will go about
    achieving it and staying with that plan."
    - Tom Landry ( Dallas Cowboys head coach 1960-1988)

557. "Ignorance is not knowing something; stupidity is not admitting your ignorance"
    - Daniel Turov

558. (M = E.V) IE motivation is expectancy times value

559. (S = P.R) IE suffering is pain times resistance

560. "Timing, perseverance and ten years of trying will eventually make you look like an overnight
    success." - Biz Stone

561. "Be realistic, demand the impossible"
    Che Guevara

562. "If you tremble with indignation at every injustice then you are a comrade of mine"
    Che Guevara

563. "The best form of saying is being"
    Che Guevara

564. "All genuine knowledge originates in direct experience"

Mao Zedong

565. "Without labor nothing prospers." - Sophocles

566. "It is not in the stars to hold our destiny but in ourselves."
    - William Shakespeare

567. "We know what we are, but know not what we may be."
    - William Shakespeare

568. "Nothing will work unless you do"
    - Maya Angelou

569. "The men who can manage the men who manage only things, and the men who manage money
    manage all" - Will Durant

570. "Pain is inevitable, suffering is optional"
    - Sean Stephenson

571. "Silence is an option, speech is a river"
    - Rumi

572. Correction: meant to say "silence is an ocean...

573. "Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go"
    - T. S. Elliott

574. "The very purpose of existence is to reconcile the glowing opinion we hold of ourselves with the
    appalling things that the other people think about us" - Quentin Crisp

575. "Great moments are born from great opportunities"
    - Herb Brooks

576. "Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time."
    - Thomas A. Edison

577. "The good man is the friend of all living things."
    - Mahatma Gandhi

578. "Stop trying to leave, and you will arrive"
    - Lao Tzu

579. This reminded me of a boss I used to have a long time ago. I remember He used to say, “I am not smart but I am persistent “:finger:

580. God is a mental construct crutch, invented by man, that the weak depend on for support and the parasites use for a living.

581. "Once you replace negative thoughts with positive ones, you'll start having positive results."
    - Willie Nelson

582. "Adapt or perish, now as ever, is nature's inexorable imperative."
    - H. G. Wells

583. Climb every mountain
    Ford every stream
    Follow every rainbow
    'Till you find your dream
    A dream that will need
    All the love you can give
    Every day of your life
    For as long as you live
    -Oscar Ii Hammerstein, Richard Rodgers

584. SPOILER: At the end I will bring this round to trading.

Upon occasion I take my roommates to visit a veterinarian (they are from a superior species). During that visit they might receive a sharp pain in their hindquarters. They have had an unpleasant experience. The contract that I will only do things that bring them joy has been broken.

They have no concept of the sciences of virology, bio-chemistry, organic chemistry, mathematics (although one of them has the ability to count, not as a trick, but developed on his own, for his own self-interest, an event that I find astounding to behold). It would be quite impossible for me to explain to them that this momentary pain was to give a life saving medicine, and it was done from my duty, loyalty, and love for them.

A Buddhist monk would then ask, “point your finger at duty, loyalty, or love”.

Most events that happen in the universe are beyond our awareness. We cannot perceive all that is happening at the very far, the very small, and dark matter remains unresolved. The idea of today understanding the mechanism behind these hidden events is a ridiculous proposition. We await the discoveries of tomorrow.

We certainly cannot perceive and understand what is truly in the hearts and minds of those closest to us. I would offer the divorce rate, wars, and mass starvation of the poor as a few examples.

If there is a G_d, either as a grand creator, or for the greedy, a grand intervenor (pray for that lottery ticket, cure, other self-serving item), it is ridiculous that we could understand at the same level.

As a species we truly are selfish. We expect all other creatures and events to speak to us in our own language. We demand that dogs learn our language, rather than we, the more intelligent, learn the language of the dog, it is not logical (I have learned the 9 positions of tail, with a complex set of movements between the positions that dogs use as part of their communication, there is much more but I digress, yet again). We required that G_d write to us in stone and give us commandments as to what to do (now proven to be fake, the event never happened). Almost sounds like a new trader wanting to be told how to trade.

What is left for us to do with our lives if we are not told?

I have only a few rules for my roommates. No fighting, no urinating or defecating indoors (an illness exception is allowed without consequence) and I, in return, look after everything else for their needs. Believe me, I am not G_d.

The language and consequences of the universe (that we have become aware of) are obvious, but we must rid ourselves of pride and be open to see reality. It took us thousands of years to get something as simple as the sun and the earth in their correct positions.

My roommates simply let things be, they know the rules, and for the majority of the time, they are happy. By not wrestling with the philosophical and religious concepts of others, by seeking and following reality, I tend to be happy most of the time.

So in answer to the original topic, “In search of G_d”, my response is, what difference does it make?

The laws of nature are not there to serve you, they simply exist, but you can use them for your own benefit.

The laws governing the markets are not there to serve you, they simply exist, but you can use them for your own benefit.

So new trader, learn to see the reality of the market for yourself. Seek out teachers that explain the nature of the market and its movements, but not giving you rules of how to conduct yourself. Those you must form for yourself based on your reality.

See what happens when the markets are closed. The old man goes off thinking about things with which he should have no involvement.

585. "Bad days are good days in disguise"
    - Christopher Reeves

586. "The average man is always waiting for something to happen to him instead of setting to work
    to make things happen. For one person who dreams of making £50,000, a hundred people
    dream of being left £50,000."
    - A. A. Milne ( British author Winnie - the - Pooh, 1882- 1956)

587. %%
    Amen,DM;
    Psalm 119 says, the entrance of your Word gives light.:cool::caution::caution:

588. "Beginning of wisdom is knowing which questions to ask"
    - Rainer Maria Rilke

589. "Every new beginning comes from some other beginning's end."
    - Seneca

590. "Friends show their love in times of trouble, not in happiness." - Euripides

591. "Men's mind once stretched by a new idea, never regains it's original dimensions"
    - Oliver Wendell Holmes ( author, poet and physician 1809-1894)

592. "Imagination is more important than knowledge"
    - Albert Einstein

593. "It is tact that is golden, not silence"
    - Samuel Butler

594. "I never see what has been done; I only see what remains to be done."
    - Buddha

595. "The real man smiles in trouble, gathers strength from distress, and grows brave by reflection." -Thomas Paine

596. "Yesterday's the past, tomorrow is the future, but today is a gift. That's why it's called the present." - Bil Keane

597. "I've learned that only through focus can you do world class things, no matter how capable you
    are"
    - William H. Gates

598. If there really is a God do you think he just ignores the shooting massacres like the Vegas one ?

599. "Divide and rule, the politician cries; unite and lead, is watchword of the wise."

600. "Everything you'll ever need to know is within you; the secrets of the universe are imprinted on the cells of your body."
    - Dan Millman

601. "All knowledge existeth. All knowledge cometh to man in its season. Cosmic messengers periodically give to man such knowledge of My cosmos as man is able to comprehend, but that which he can bear is like unto a thimbleful out of the mighty ocean, for man is but beginning to comprehend.

When man knoweth Light then he will know no limitations, but man must know the Light for himself and none there can be who can make words of it, for Light knoweth Light and there need be no words."

-The Divine Iliad

602. "People may not like your decision, but they like clarity"
    - Jim Crane ( owner of Crane WorldWide and Huston Astros)

603. "Each day is a building block to the future. Who I am today is dependent on who I was
    yesterday." - Matthew McConaughey

604. "Chance favors the informed mind"
    - Louis Pasteur

605. "A small debt produces a debtor, large one, an enemy"
    - Pubilius Syrus

606. "Resentment is like taking poison and waiting for the other person to die"
    - Malachy McCourt ( A monk swimming. A memoir)

607. "You are your own Promised Land, your own new frontier"
    - Julia Margaret Cameron ( 19th century English photographer)

608. Truth: This is the best contribution to ET that I have ever had the good fortune to read. THANKS

609. "A man may learn wisdom even from a foe"
    - Aristophanes

610. "If a man will begin with certainties, he shall end up in doubt; but if he will be content to being
    with doubts, he shall end up in certainties"
    - Francis Bacon ( 1561-1626)

611. "What you seek is seeking you." - Rumi

612. "Doubt thou the stars are fire;
    Doubt that the sun doth move;
    Doubt truth to be a liar;
    But never doubt I love."

Hamlet Act II Scene ii

613. "A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer."
    -Bruce Lee

614. "It's not the daily increase but daily decrease. Hack away at the unessential."
    - Bruce Lee

615. "In the midst of movement and chaos, keep stillness inside of you."
    - Deepak Chopra

616. Thank-you.

I do not do well with compliments, let alone such praise. I am always at a loss as to how to respond appropriately, apparently I never learned the social conventions. I presume that is why I do better with dogs and as a lone trader.

617. "Boredom is insult to life"
    - Paulo Coelho

618. "Humor is contagious. Laughter is infectious. Both are good for your health"
    - William Fry

619. "Those who are of the opinion that money will do everything may very well be suspected to do
    everything for money"
    - Sir George Savile ( British statesmen 1633-1695)

620. "If you live each day as if it was your last, someday you'll most certainly be right."
    - Steve Jobs ( his favorite quote 06/15/05 Stanford University Commencement)

621. "Good luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity, bad luck is what happens
    when lack of preparation meets a challenge."
    - Paul Krugman ( Economist NY Times 03/03/2006)

622. "Any fool can make things complicated, it requires a genius to simplify things."
    - Satish Kumar

623. "We feel guilt when we no longer want to associate with old friends and colleagues who haven’t changed. The price, and marker, of growth."
    - Naval Ravikant

624. "Success isn't measured by the position you reach in life; it is measured by the obstacles you overcome."
    - Booker T. Washington

625. "Whoso would be a man must be non-conformist... Nothing is at last sacred but the integrity of your own mind."
    - Ralph Waldo Emerson

626. "You have powers you have never deemed of. You can do things you never thought you could do. There are no limitation in what you can do except the limitations in your own mind."
    - Darwin P. Kingsley ( President NY Life 1857-1932)

627. the_universal_one-020.jpg

"I am the Light; I alone AM.

"What I am thou art. Thou art the Light.
    Thou art One with Me.

"Man may know me by desiring to know Me.

"To know Me is to be Me. Through My light alone
    can man know Me.

"Man is Light when he knoweth that he is Light.

"Man is Me when he knoweth that he is Me.

"All men will come to Me in due time,
    but theirs is the agony of awaiting."

-The Divine Illiad​

628. "The less you know about something, the more convinced you are right about what you know."
    - Charles Faulkner

629. "The supreme art of war is to subdue the enemy without fighting."
    - Sun Tzu

630. "Begin to be now what you will be hereafter."
    - William James

631. "Every great dream begins with a dreamer."
    - Harriet Tubman

632. "While one person hesitates because he feels inferior, the other is busy making mistakes and
    becoming superior"
    - Henry C Link ( Industrial psychologist, author Psychological Corporation 1889- 1952)

633. "The greatest discovery of my generation is that human beings can alter their lives by altering
    their attitudes"
    - William James ( Philosopher psychologist, 1842-1910)

634. "People who can take a risk, who believe in themselves enough to walk away ( from a company)
    are generally people who bring about change."
    - Cynthia Danaher ( Exiting GM of HP's Medical Products Group, Newsweek)

635. "I can live with doubt, and uncertainty. I think it's much more interesting to live not knowing
    than to have answers which might be wrong."
    - Richard Feynman ( theoretical physicist)

636. "The greatest gift you can give someone is the sight of an achievement"
    - Ayn Rand

637. "Impediment to action advances action. What stands in the way becomes the way."
    - Marcus Aurelius ( Emperor & philosopher )

638. "The superior man makes the difficulty to be overcome his first interest; success only comes later."
    - Confucius

639. "Limits, like fear, is often an illusion."
    - Michael Jordan

640. "Our scientific power has outrun our spiritual power. We have guided missiles and misguided men."
    - Martin Luther King, Jr.

641. "Be faithful to small things because it is in them that your strength lies."
    - Mother Teresa

642. "Don't worry about those who talk behind your back.
    They're behind you for a reason."
    - Mark Cuban

643. Yep, eat your pudding last.
    Eat the veges... brussel sprouts, cabbage, cauli first.

644. :D

645. Cherish the weak and insignificant because when they start a joint action they will defeat the strong.

646. "Failures, repeated failures, are finger posts on the road to achievement. One fails forward toward success."
    - C. S. Lewis

647. "Divide each difficulty into as many parts as is feasible and necessary to resolve it."
    - Rene Descartes

648. "Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest."
    - Mark Twain

649. "Life is not about achieving goals. Life is about who you become in pursuit of those goals.
    Progress equals happiness, that is the secret of happiness."
    - Tony Robbins

650. ""

651. "If you don't eat yer meat, you can't have any pudding / How can you have any pudding if you don't eat yer meat?"
    -Roger Waters

652. "Of all forms of caution, caution in love is perhaps the most fatal to true happiness."
    - Bertrand Russell

653. "You are never too old to set a new goal or dream a new dream."
    - C.S. Lewis

654. "Iron rusts from disuse; stagnant water loses it's purity and in cold weather becomes frozen,
    even so does inaction sap the vigor of the mind."
    - Leonardo da Vinci ( Italian Renaissance polymath 1452 - 1519)

655. "One only gets to the top rung on the ladder by steadily climbing up one at a time, and
    suddenly all sorts of powers, all sorts of abilities, which you thought never belonged to
    you, suddenly become within your own possibility..."
    - Margaret Thatcher ( British prime minister 1979 - 1990, b 1925)

656. "That the moment that one definitely commits one-self the Providence moves too."
    - W. N. Murray ( Scottish Himalayan Expedition)

657. "To desire is to obtain, to aspire is to achieve."
    - James Allen

658. "It's Never too late"
    A.T

659. "The greatest gift of life is friendship, and I have received it."
    - Hubert Humphrey

660. "Only truth is love"
    - Candace van Dell

661. "The only thing that can conquer fear is faith"
    - anonymous

662. "You will not be punished for your anger, you will be punished by your anger."
    - Buddha

663. "Respect for ourselves guides our morals, respect for others guides our manners."
    - Laurence Sterne

664. "We make a living by what we receive;
    we make a life by what we give."
    - attributed to Winston Churchill

665. "One may walk over the highest mountain one step at a time"
    - Barbara Walters

666. "Friendship renders prosperity more brilliant, while it lightens adversity by sharing it and making
    the burden common."
    - Marcus Tullius Cicero ( Roman orator, politician 106 - 43 BC)

667. "Passion is energy. Feel the power that comes from focusing on what excites you."
    - Oprah Winfrey

668. "The very purpose of existence is to reconcile the glowing opinion we hold of ourselves with the
    appalling things that the other people think of us."
    - Quentin Crisp ( author, performer 1908-1999)

669. "There is always a way out, its just whether or not you allow yourself to see it."
    - Kristin Bloom

670. "Laws control the lesser man... Right conduct controls the greater one."
    - Mark Twain

671. "Ambition is a dream with a V8 engine."
    - Elvis Presley

672. "The future belongs to those who see possibilities before they become obvious."
    - John Sculley

673. "Every man dies. Not every man lives."
    - Tim Robbins

674. "I wanted to do something inspirational for my children."
    - Harvey Weinstein :banghead: :wtf: :finger:

675. "Human subtlety...will never devise an invention more beautiful, more simple or
    more direct than does nature, because in her inventions nothing is lacking, and
    nothing is superfluous."
    ~ Richter II, The Notebooks of Leonardo Da Vinci, Vol. 2. p. 126 no. 837.

676. "I have been impressed with the urgency of doing. Knowing is not enough; we must apply.
    Being willing is not enough; we must do."

~ Leonardo da Vinci

677. "It had long since come to my attention that people of accomplishment rarely sat back and let
    things happen to them. They went out and happened to things."

~ Leonardo da Vinci

678. "As a well-spent day brings happy sleep, so a life well spent brings happy death."

~ Leonardo da Vinci

679. "It's not the summit we conquer but ourselves"
    - Sir Edmund Percival Hillary

680. "Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterward."
    - Vernon Law

681. "Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes."
    - Oscar Wilde

682. "Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards."
    - Soren Kierkegaard

683. "By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by
    imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest."
    - Confucius

684. "The only source of knowledge is experience."
    - Albert Einstein

685. "Experience is the teacher of all things."
    - Julius Caesar

686. “The fear is simply because you are not living with life, You are living in your mind.”
    Sadhguru

687. "A truly strong person does not need the approval of others any more than a lion needs the approval of sheep."
    - Vernon Howard

688. "We aim above the mark to hit the mark."
    - Ralph Waldo Emerson

689. "What I am looking for is not out there, it is in me."
    - Helen Keller

690. "If you're gonna let me down, let me down gently, don't pretend that you don't want me, our love ain't water under the bridge...."
    - Adele - Water Under the Bridge - 2016

691. "I need to listen well so that I hear what is not said."
    - Thuli Madonsela

692. "Start by doing what's necessary; then do what's possible; and suddenly you are doing the
    impossible."
    - Francis of Assisi

693. "Anyone who follows a middle course is called a sage."
    - Maimonides

694. "It is a funny thing about life, if you refuse to accept anything but the best, you
    very often get
    it."
    - W. Somerset Maugham

695. "First rate people hire first rate people, second rate people hire third rate people."
    - Leo Rosten ( American author 1908- 1997)

696. "Anyone who has achieved excellence knows that it comes as a result of ceaseless
    concentration."
    - Louise Brooks ( Actress 1906- 1985)

697. First rate traders hit on first rate trades, second rate traders hit on third rate trades.
    -ET

698. WAIT = Why Am I Talking

699. :D

700. "Hope" is the thing with feathers - That perches in the soul - And never stops - at all."
    - Emily Dickinson

701. "The waiting,
    The meantime,
    The in-between,
    It all serves a purpose,
    Trust your process,
    even the delays and detours."

702. "Probable impossibilities are to be preferred to improbable possibilities."
    - Aristotle

703. "Desire is the key to motivation, but it's determination and commitment to an unrelenting
    pursuit of your goal - a commitment to excellence - that will enable you to attain the success
    you seek."
    - Mario Andretti

704. "You always have two choices: your commitment versus your fear."
    - Sammy Davis, Jr.

705. "There's no abiding success without commitment."
    - Tony Robbins

706. "I succeeded at venture capital because, for years, I rarely thought about or spent time on
    anything else. Anything less than that unmitigated full commitment leaves me feeling frustrated
    and ineffective."
    - Chris Sacca

707. "Commitment. This is my favorite word because in some way, people who are committed are
    always much more interesting and much more reliable, and much more, I would say, deep than
    people who are not."
    - Carlos Ghosn ( CEO Nissan & Renault)

708. "Courage is not simply one of the virtues, but the form of every virtue at the testing point."
    - C. S. Lewis

709. "Little things affect little minds."
    - Benjamin Disraeli

710. "The best way to predict the future is to create it."
    - Peter Drucker

711. "Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you."
    - Walt Whitman

712. Nobody found HIM yet ?
    Keep looking folks...............

713. "A jug fills drop by drop."
    - Buddha

714. "Our virtues and our failings are inseparable, like force and matter. When they separate, man is no more."
    - Nikola Tesla

715. "There is nothing with which every man is so afraid as getting to know how enormously much he is capable of doing and becoming."
    - Soren Kierkegaard

716. "The most important tech skill isn’t engineering - It’s the art of getting paid to control vast
    amounts of money."
    - Naval Ravikant

717. "When patterns are broken, new worlds emerge."
    - Tuli Kupferberg

718. "My crown is called content, a crown that seldom kings enjoy."
    - William Shakespeare

719. "Each man should frame life so that at some future hour fact and his dreaming meet."
    - Victor Hugo

720. "Showing off is the fool's idea of glory."
    - Bruce Lee

721. "People who fly into a rage always make a bad landing."
    - Will Rogers

722. "Fortune favors the brave"
    - Virgil ( Roman poet, Aeneid 70-19 B.C. )

723. "Learn from the mistakes of others, you can't live long enough to make them all yourself"
    - Eleanor Roosevelt ( First Lady 1884 - 1962 )

724. "Life is an illusion. You are what you think you are."
    - Yale Hirsch ( Creator of Stock Trader Almanac b 1923 )

725. :D

726. "The Babel fish is small, yellow, leech-like, and probably the oddest thing in the universe. It feeds on brainwave energy received not from its own carrier, but from those around it. It absorbs all unconscious mental frequencies from this brainwave energy to nourish itself with. It then excretes into the mind of its carrier a telepathic matrix formed by combining the conscious thought frequencies with nerve signals picked up from the speech centers of the brain which has supplied them.

The practical upshot of all this is that if you stick a Babel fish in your ear you can instantly understand anything said to you in any form of language. The speech patterns you actually hear decode the brainwave matrix which has been fed into your mind by your Babel fish.

Now it is such a bizarrely improbable coincidence that something so mind-bogglingly useful could have evolved purely by chance that some thinkers have chosen to see it as a final and clinching proof of the non-existence of God."

The argument goes something like this: 'I refuse to prove that I exist,' says God, 'for proof denies faith, and without faith, I am nothing.'

'But, says Man, the Babel fish is a dead giveaway, isn't it? It could not have evolved by chance. It proves you exist, and, by your own arguments, you don't. QED.'

'Oh dear,' says God, 'I hadn't thought of that,' and vanishes in a puff of logic.

'Oh, that was easy,' says Man, and for an encore goes on to prove that black is white and gets himself killed on the next pedestrian crossing.

Most leading theologians claim that this argument is a load of dingo's kidneys, but that didn't stop Oolon Colluphid making a small fortune when he used it as the theme of his best-selling book, Well That About Wraps It Up For God. "

- Douglas Adams (Author, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, 1979).

727. :D

728. "It's not that I am smart; it's just that I stay with the problem longer."
    - Albert Einstein ( 1879 - 1955 )

729. "To study Buddhism is to study the self, to study the self is to forget the self."
    - Dogen Zenji

730. "There are no facts, only interpretations."
    - Friedrich Nietzsche

731. "The doer alone learneth."
    - Friedrich Nietzsche

732. "In the zazen posture, your mind and body have great power to accept things as they are, whether agreeable or disagreeable."
    -Shunryu Suzuki

733. Like water!

734. Bruce ripped off the Tao de Ching but that's cool, in those days the stuff was largely unknown in the West.

735. Bruce Lee is an Elite trader...he said it: Trading is part art...part science,

736. Yep holds true for martial arts as well.

737. "Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% how you react to it."
    - Charles R. Swindoll

738. “Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.”
    ― Oscar Wilde

739. “You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.”
    ― Mae West

740. “The man who does not read has no advantage over the man who cannot read.”
    ― Mark Twain

741. "Always do your best. What you plant now, you will harvest later."
    - Og Mandino

742. "Not only are we in the universe, the universe is in us. I don’t know of any deeper spiritual feeling than what that brings upon me."
    -Neil deGrasse Tyson

743. "All true artists, whether they know it or not, create from a place of no-mind, from inner stillness."
    – Eckhart Tolle

744. "Only when you can be extremely pliable and soft can you be extremely hard and strong."
    – Zen Proverb

745. God makes a regular appearance at the Ed Sullivan theatre in NYC you know...Don't have to search far.

746. The Pope has his finest team of Cardinals on the fidget solution.

747. "Now is the time for guts and guile."
    - Elizabeth Taylor

748. "There is only one corner of the universe you can be certain of improving and that's yourself."
    - Aldous Huxley ( English author "Brave New World" 1894-1970)

749. "Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I'll meet you there."
    - Jelaludin Rumi, 13th century

750. "Why do you stay in prison when the door is so wide open?"
    - Rumi

751. "When you do things from your soul, you feel a river moving in you, a joy."
    - Rumi

752. "The gift we can offer others is so simple a thing as hope."
    - Daniel Berrigan

753. "Perseverance is genius in disguise"
    - Barry Sternlicht

754. "You always pass failure on the way to success."
    - Mickey Rooney