In search of a good trading API other than TT

Discussion in 'App Development' started by Edo, Sep 11, 2017.

1. Edo

Edo

Hi folks:
    I have an algorithm that is a little more complicated than average so cannot use standard Windows trading clients that have simple GUIs for Algorithms... so have been coding to the TT-API in .Net for over a year. I am ready to prime-time but am finding the Trading Technologies' TT-API lacking in some areas, especially in their testing environment.

All I need to do is get a price-feed, and have the ability to place simple orders, Market / Limit / Stop. No spreads etc. Mostly futures.

I am more than willing to port my code if the target platform is rock-solid.

I heard Gain Capital has an API. Does anyone have any recommendations?

Any pointers would be much appreciated.

Thanks
    -Ed

2. just21

just21

Last edited: Sep 11, 2017
  3. Robert Morse

Robert Morse Sponsor

Have you looked at real Tick? We offer that.

4. Edo

Edo

THANK YOU!. I just called them (I guess they got acquired by EZE Software). Looking into it. Thanks for the pointer. I also found Rithmic... if anyone has feedback on them :)

5. Robert Morse

Robert Morse Sponsor

Let me know if I can help with Real tick.
    We also offer a number of others including TT, CTS and Rithmic. CQG no longer offer their API for retail clients.

6. Tradovate

Tradovate Sponsor

Tradovate offers an API, here is the link - https://github.com/tradovate/api.

If you are interested in getting setup in our development environment please email support@tradovate.com

7. 2rosy

2rosy

You can run ttsim for testing.

8. Edo

Edo

Nope. Not supported. TT-Sim is for X-Trader, not the API. Even their sample code fails using TT-Sim. 'Been on many phone calls with them on this issue. Not supported.

9. just21

just21

Trade one lots to test.

10. Have you considered Interactive Brokers?

#10     Sep 12, 2017