"Imagine if the Tea Party Was Black" - Tim Wise

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Gabfly1, May 2, 2010.

1. Oh good grief, another white guilt goofball, this Tim Wise person.

#11     May 3, 2010
  2. Hello

Hello

Imagine that a rap artist were to say, in reference to a white president: “He’s a piece of shit and I told him to suck on my machine gun.” Because that’s what rocker Ted Nugent said recently about President Obama.

Apparently this guy was missing for the last 8 years during Bush's presidency when there were movies made about his assasination and hundreds of different songs created by rappers talking about what an idiot he was.

Imagine that a prominent mainstream black political commentator had long employed an overt bigot as Executive Director of his organization, and that this bigot regularly participated in black separatist conferences, and once assaulted a white person while calling them by a racial slur. When that prominent black commentator and his sister — who also works for the organization — defended the bigot as a good guy who was misunderstood and “going through a tough time in his life” would anyone accept their excuse-making? Would that commentator still have a place on a mainstream network? Because that’s what happened in the real world, when Pat Buchanan employed as Executive Director of his group, America’s Cause, a blatant racist who did all these things, or at least their white equivalents: attending white separatist conferences and attacking a black woman while calling her the n-word.

Imagine that the whitehouse had long employed a biggot by the name of van jones who said white people were trying to pollute their waters. Oh wait we dont have ti imagine that, it actually happened.

or that a prominent white person had only endorsed a white presidential candidate as an act of racial bonding,

Imagine if 95% of white people had voted for mcain.

Imagine that a black pastor, formerly a member of the U.S. military, were to declare, as part of his opposition to a white president’s policies, that he was ready to “suit up, get my gun, go to Washington, and do what they trained me to do.” This is, after all, what Pastor Stan Craig said recently at a Tea Party rally in Greenville, South Carolina.

Imagine a white pastor who had been the pastor for the president for "all his life" was caught many times on tape talking about a dislike for black people, and saying goddamn america. Cause that is what Obamas life long pastor reverend wright did.

Imagine a black political commentator suggesting that the only thing the guy who flew his plane into the Austin, Texas IRS building did wrong was not blowing up Fox News instead. This is, after all, what Anne Coulter said about Tim McVeigh, when she noted that his only mistake was not blowing up the New York Times.

Imagine a white president actually had close ties to someone who tried to blow up U.S. government buildings in the 70's casuse thats what bill ayers, Obamas buddy did. Now imagine this guy when questioned 30 years later was asked if he was sorry and he said no that he was only sorry he didnt do more.

In other words, imagine that even one-third of the anger and vitriol currently being hurled at President Obama, by folks who are almost exclusively white....

Again this guy seems to have conveniently missed the last 8 years of Bush where black people hurled every single insult in the book at him, and if questioned about whether they hated him 95% of black people would have said yes.

This idiot Tim wise is going after political commentators for saying and doing radical things, when you can find many examples of people with actual ties to Obamas administration doing far worse. I have no doubt that this wacko does live in an imaginary world.

#12     May 3, 2010
  3. Ricter

Ricter

It's a thought experiment. He may feel guilty, he may not. Same for you. But is he correct, would the the public reaction be different under the circumstances he gives? Without making a value judgement, I believe it would be different, I believe "white" America would be more alarmed.

#13     May 3, 2010

4. Hard to say, this is not the 1960s anymore as many of those issues have been resolved, some through setting cities on fire. I do not believe the teabaggers would go that far to resolve their grievances.

#14     May 3, 2010
  5. Ricter

Ricter

If it were the 60's then I think it's certain that "white" America would be alarmed.

I am relieved that the Tea Party is not yet ready to go that far, because I do not believe they have correctly identified the enemy.

#15     May 3, 2010
  6. Well, what you don't know is that you are already "playing imagine"- Many tea party members and speakers ARE BLACK

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/VP2p91dvm6M&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/VP2p91dvm6M&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/DtTxTp9hi9E&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/DtTxTp9hi9E&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Suggestion- get informed before you waste time and energy writing lengthy posts about topics you are ignorant of. You save lots of time, and look like far less of a moron this way.

#16     May 4, 2010
  7. Lucrum

Lucrum

Imagine if Gabby was a US citizen, and it actually mattered what he thought of the Tea Party movement.

#17     May 4, 2010
  8. :D

#18     May 5, 2010