I'm thinking about starting a service...

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by Stock Alert Review, Jul 23, 2018.

1. I would sign-up for paid alert services I thought had the best chance of gains over the long term, I would document all the trades, analyze results, and publish them each month for people who subscribed to the service. Members would pay for a subscription fee.

I think the findings would be that most services are low quality, and one or two have better results. There is a lot of low quality junk out there. My goal would be to quickly cut through the crap for members. TradingSchools is the site that comes the closest to what this is, but this would be maintaining independent track records for alert services.

People here may be experienced enough that you don't need this type of confirmation, but still interested to hear your thoughts.

2. trademan1

trademan1

It seems similar to when people pick the best performing mutual funds. Does the "better results" really mean anything going forward?

3. fan27

fan27

jys78 likes this.
  4. MarkBrown

MarkBrown

i have played around with this idea also but only as and extension of what i already do which is provide brokers a site to execute trades for managed accounts. for many years i provided a free signal service that was pretty successful just on the sp. it ran on a hourly basis, i have never liked the services that are so very long term because i had one tell me once he sent out half his subscribers buy signals and the other half sells. then his winners would be very vocal and his service expanded and the losers would not be as vocal and they would just drop off.

5. pipeguy

pipeguy

Which paid services are you talking about? Any examples?

MarkBrown likes this.
  6. MarkBrown

MarkBrown

Christopher Cadbury

7. Who is Christopher Cadbury?

8. MarkBrown

MarkBrown

C. CHRISTOPHER CADBURY SECRETS OF THE OPTION PREMIUM RATIO

he had a fax service that is little known but highly regarded by commercial option sellers.

#10     Jul 23, 2018