I'm getting a lot of stuff called away

Discussion in 'Options' started by Arnie Guitar, Aug 10, 2022.

1. It has to be a bullish sign.

ITM Underlying that would just languish along in the past is getting snapped up.

It wasn't going Ex-Div, either.

trend2009 and Overnight like this.
  2. Overnight

Overnight

Interesting insight.

3. Do you mean assignment, or something else?

4. This is... odd to read. Not odd like "gosh, what a surprise that shares are being called away" but like "why would anyone be surprised at this? Like, ever?"

Anything ITM by 0.01 at expiration WILL be called away unless the owner tells their broker not to; see "exercise by exception" at the OCC site.

Unless there's more info, like "it's being called before expiration/last day, or even before that", I just don't understand the point of the post.

https://money-zine.com/definitions/investing-dictionary/exercise-by-exception/

CALLumbus likes this.
  5. Of course it was before expiration.

Why else post?

Read the entire post.

What a maroon.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2022
  6. Then - DIPSHIT - say so. Instead of sounding like a totally clueless idiot who has never seen an option before in his life. Which you do.

albion and Nobert like this.
  7. Overnight

Overnight

So in this particular case, if someone has sold a bunch of call options across different instruments (assuming the same broad market, in this case stocks I would assume), and they are being called away before expiry, it is a bullish sign?

(Please don't hurt me. You know I cannot understand options well.)

8. Ignore him,
    English isn’t his first language.

9. Overnight

Overnight

Seriously? You are going to be like that? You have no idea who you are typing against. 1 BWS is worth 50 Arnies.

All you got in the gruffness space of the forum was DIPSHIT. Have you not been following the people you attack back? You need a thicker skin.

And this all comes RIGHT after I responded to a @Baron post about not posting video analogies. I CANNOT HELP IT, when the dipshit is the one who is really being the dipshit!

GAHHHH!

10. zdreg

zdreg

If you sell calls and they become more ITM it is a bullish sign.

#10     Aug 10, 2022