If you were recruiting traders...

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by marklucas, Jul 2, 2010.

1. If you were recruiting senior traders for your desk/firm/fund, what would you want to see in regards to background, evidence, stats?

How would you go about separating the wheat from the chaff?

2. I would never recruit a "senior" trader - that's an inherently flawed approach. If I were recruiting traders, I would look for four things:

1) Intelligence
    2) An interest in trading
    3) A competitive nature
    4) No trading background

3. Pekelo

Pekelo

A blank mind with no preconceptions....

4. Retief

Retief

The best recruits would have a credit card and be willing to pay a $7,000 training fee.

5. Hell, you could take that guy on as an Executive Senior Trader :D

6. Or put another way, if you were looking for traders to trade for you, what would you want to see during the screening process?

7. A fantastic set of breasts.

8. In all seriousness, someone who never heard of ET.

9. LeeD

LeeD

My impression is the OP isn't a trader and doesn't intend to be one. He just happened to have a little money, have heard prop shops have potenatial to be hugely profitable and is looking to set up a prop shop.

If the above is a good guess, what you need is a partner whose credentials as a trader you would not doubt. Above all the person should have unbreakable discipline. As usual, the best criteria is a history of success in trading business. If the budget is insufficient to lure such a person, an executive recruiter may be helpful at creating a shortlist based on whoever is affordable.

10. Very non-standard trading approach with at least a previous 24 month profitable track record. Someone a bit rough around the edges (has some events/life experiences where the person was definitely able to feel their limitations....like former military, etc) and not too polished. The all college techie/brainiacs need not apply.....all books and no battles....no thank you! Someone in there early 30's or orlder....that would be my short list.

#10     Jul 5, 2010