If you are stuck in the $WINS halt please read.

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by Dustin, Jul 28, 2017.

1. Dustin

Dustin

I am short 240 shares of $WINS and willing to buy from any seller at $100. The stock is probably worth much less, but I'm paying a daily borrow fee so I'm willing to take this price. Your broker must clear through Wedbush for it to work. I have confirmed with my broker that they will do this. PM me.

MoreLeverage likes this.
  2. Criminal how they torture shorts

3. It's criminal tying up so much margin in short stock positions.

4. Dustin

Dustin

I agree it is total b.s. that they let the halt last so long. When a company ignores a Nasdaq request, then put them on the pinks or delist. I talked to the marketwatch dept. in charge of the halt and they said there is no time limit for a company to respond. How does that make any sense?

d08 likes this.
  5. zdreg

zdreg

last sale was $205. you have to make a case why somebody should sell stock to you at 50% off the last price.

6. sprstpd

sprstpd

Seems like a decent price. The stock will probably open up < $100 after a halt of this length. I'm trying to remember the symbol of another stock that had the same behavior and after the halt it was cut by more than half. And that stock wasn't halted nearly as long as this one has been.

MoreLeverage likes this.
  7. zdreg

zdreg

you may be right but is that a way to do a trade? to what extent have you investigated the situation.?

Last edited: Jul 28, 2017
  8. sprstpd

sprstpd

The extent to which I have investigated the situation is absolutely zero. I wish I could remember the ticker symbol that was halted before so that I could see how it opened. I remember it not being pretty.

9. Hmmm, some that I remember were-
    China Media Express (CCME)
    Sino Forest (SNOFF)
    Deer Consumer Products (DEER)
    RINO (can't remember the name of the company)

2011-2012 was crazy with Chinese frauds and long halts before delisting.

10. d08

d08

Yeah, because Chinese scam stocks halted for weeks definitely won't fall like a stone off a cliff when they eventually start again.

#10     Jul 28, 2017
    sss12 and MoreLeverage like this.