If McCain was President

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Range Rover, Oct 12, 2010.

1. He came in 2nd place and he's likely to get the nomonation in 2012

How can Republicans hate a bill so much that was started by thier 2008 # 2 guy and likely 2012 nominee :confused:

#11     Oct 12, 2010
  2. Lucrum

Lucrum

WHO "started" it is supposed to make the difference between rather I agree or disagree with a particular program? I wouldn't care if it was Ronald Reagan's idea. I don't like the idea of federal government getting even more involved in health care than they already are.

#12     Oct 12, 2010
  3. Its Republican hypocrisy . Republicans are furious at Obama for Obama care,but almost nominated the guy who started Obama care first:confused:

#13     Oct 12, 2010
  4. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

why dont you go and spend some time looking up what romney tried to pass in Mass, and had to finally compromise with democrats in the state legislature before you come off looking too silly about a subject you clearly know little about. do a side-by-side comparison of the comprehensive health care policy in mass and the one obama is mandating.

or you can just continue spouting off as if youre informed, when the rest of us know you're not.

#14     Oct 12, 2010
  5. Ricter

Ricter

Anyone recall "off the top" what McCain's positions on the bailout and the stimulus spending were?

#15     Oct 12, 2010
  6. Lucrum

Lucrum

Tell the Republicans. I didn't vote for Romney.

#16     Oct 12, 2010
  7. Romney seems quite proud of his plan in my opinion.He didn't say he was forced to sign the bill,he said his bill was conservative

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/sjefrWJ1SgQ?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/sjefrWJ1SgQ?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

#17     Oct 12, 2010
  8. OK.Here are a few

Romney care

The Massachusetts health care insurance reform law, enacted in 2006, mandates that nearly every resident of Massachusetts obtain a state-government-regulated minimum level of healthcare insurance coverage and provides free health care insurance for residents earning less than 150% of the federal poverty levell (FPL)[1] who are not eligible for Mass Health (Medicaid).

Obama care

Most people required to obtain health insurance coverage or pay a tax if they don't.

Individuals with income up to 133% of the federal poverty level qualify for Medicaid coverage.

Healthcare tax credits become available to help people with incomes up to 400 percent of poverty purchase coverage on the exchange.

Romney care

The reform legislation also included tax penalties for failing to obtain an insurance plan.

Massachusetts tax filers who failed to enroll in a health insurance plan which was deemed affordable for them lost the $219 personal exemption on their income tax. Beginning in 2008, penalties increased by monthly increments

Obama care

Impose an annual penalty of $95, or up to 1% of income, whichever is greater, on individuals who do not secure insurance;

Romney care

The law established an independent public authority, the Commonwealth Health Insurance Connector Authority, also known as the Health Connector. Among other roles, the Connector acts as an insurance broker to offer private insurance plans to residents.

Obama care

Establish health insurance exchanges, and subsidization of insurance premiums for individuals with income up to 400% of the poverty line, as well as single adults.

Romney care

Employer taxes

Employers with more than ten employees must provide a "fair and reasonable contribution" to the premium of health insurance for employees.[23] Employers who do not will be assessed an annual fair share contribution that will not exceed $295 per employee per year.[23] The fair share contribution will be paid into the Commonwealth Care Trust Fund to fund Commonwealth Care and other health reform programs.[20]

Obama care

Employers with 50 or more workers who do not offer coverage face a fine of $2,000 for each employee if any worker receives subsidized insurance on the exchange. The first 30 employees aren't counted for the fine.

#18     Oct 12, 2010

9. Not only did McCain support bailouts, he suspended his campaign to fly to Washington to expedite them

The same party who protest in mass over Obama made McCain and Romney their top 2 choices to be their nominee:confused: :confused: :confused:

#19     Oct 12, 2010
  10. BSAM

BSAM

OOOOh!! So, now you understand why I encourage people to vote for anything besides a Democrat or a Republican. What's the difference??? As has been said, same circus, different clowns.

Of course, I'm sure that the Republicans' latest contract with America will fix all the old problems. LMAO!

#20     Oct 12, 2010