I'd like to think I didn't get ripped off buying OpenQuant

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by bluelou, Aug 25, 2008.

1. I mean with all due respect we can not commit suicide because of this, so the only thing we can do for you is to say we are terrible sorry about our summer vacations and business trips.

We are now trying to reply to every post on our help boards within 24 hours. If you still have any problems with OQ, please drop us an email or re-post on the SQ forums.

Thanks,
    Anton

#12     Sep 13, 2008
  2. bluelou

bluelou

Anton,
    I appreciate the follow-up. I wasn't directing my posting at you personally.

Regarding any customer service issues, that's why I asked about TTAPI. The technical problems I had with OQ were related to the platform not the code library.

I'd like to consider using OQ's code library w/o having to use the platform. Would I be able to accomplish this using TT's API?

In other words, I'd prefer to have the option of screaming at my own developer when I have a technical problem rather than waiting for the wonderful folks at OQ to get back to me.

Best regards,
    Lou

#13     Sep 13, 2008
  3. jhucti

jhucti

In my opinion you can not use OpenQuant API outside of its own IDE. You have to get QuantHouse products to do that. I get this from some posts in the OpenQuant forum.

#14     Sep 13, 2008
  4. jhucti

jhucti

OpenQuant needs to broaden its use base and encourage forum participation so that questions could be answered by other users, or a search in the OpenQuant forum. Currently the dominate way to get questions answered is by Anton or Alexei, which is not the optimal way in the long term.

#15     Sep 13, 2008
  5. joemiami

joemiami Guest

What an excuse!!...LOL They offered bad support bcuz of vacation time and what not? What a joke!!

OPENQUANT = meant for the junkyard !!

Anyone who stupid enough to sign on for this OPENQUANT crap after reading this thread deserves to lose their money....

#16     Sep 13, 2008
  6. Craig66

Craig66

I concur, that is about the stupidest thing someone running a business could have said. Grumpy Russians and customer support just don't go together.

#17     Sep 13, 2008
  7. NT has excellent response time, usally within minutes of submission. I look at both products ....in my OP considering it layout and poor support it would be foolish to purchase your product over NT or any other

#18     Sep 13, 2008
  8. OK, thanks for the lesson! No more exuses :cool:

#19     Sep 14, 2008
  9. Yes, this is true. You can use API in MS Visual Studio to develop custom insdicators, provider plugins, etc. for use with OQ IDE. If you want to develop a stand alone trading application, you should use the core framework which is available from QuantHouse.

Regards,
    Anton

#20     Sep 14, 2008