IB's new build is incredibly slow

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by tzheng, Apr 15, 2014.

1. tzheng

tzheng

Couple of days, they forced me to install this new TWS build 944.3 Apr1. It is killing me. It is mother f*ckingly slow. Every mouse movement takes 2-3 seconds to respond. For example, if you try right click a symbol to bring up a menu, it takes from 1 to 3 seconds to show up.

The most consistent demo for this problem is in chart. You click the cross-hair, then move your mouse around, just a little, it takes 2 seconds for the vertical line to move over. If you have your PC performance open, you can see a spike in CPU usage.

This is f*ck up.

2. Bob111

Bob111

i would try a clean install(might be along with java update)
    but honestly-it's been like this for years(see TWS bug thread)

3. tzheng

tzheng

Java 6, update 17.
    thank you. I will try.

4. just21

just21

That is a very old version of java. Java is upto version 7.51 now.

5. Bob111

Bob111

i can send you a copy of any previous builds. i think i have them all saved on my PC.right now i'm using standalone 937.2
    on java 1.7.0_11-two instances of it s runs fine on VERY old dual core PC. never seen those pop ups about forced update(not a big fan of them,that's why i keep all the copies,so i can always roll back to oldest that still supported). :)

6. dst

dst Interactive Brokers

Please check your PM

7. tzheng

tzheng

upgraded my java to latest.

downgraded to the "stable" version TWS 9369 . Now it is working fine.

thank you all for the help. I apologize for the venting.

8. Bob111

Bob111

back in a day i did offered IB my help in QA dept(see TWS bug thread). i can do it from home part time w/o any benefits. just give me some reasonable pay and i will overflow you with my bug reports.:D
    so far-no respond :D

9. moarla

moarla

i dont have had any of this kind of problems for years. always latest Java and ALWAYS latest TWS.
    one time i had this kind of problem, support told me to make a new clean installation of BOTH (JAVA AND TWS) and since then TWS is fine.

10. dst

dst Interactive Brokers

I want to let everyone know that we spend non trivial amount of time optimizing interactions in 944 build, and quite a few aspects of it are faster/better than older builds.

Everyone who is experiencing any performance issues with it please reach out to me via PM so we can correct whatever is not working right; this should be a rare event as at large it should be more nimble build than, say, 936.

#10     Apr 15, 2014