IBKR - Possible to create hot key to place an order with profit taker?

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by salamanderforex, Feb 10, 2021.

1. Hi,

Is it possible to have a hot key setup within IBKR for a single two-leg order that include Sell and Profit Taker (Buy)?

Set LMT sell price to: Google 100 shares @ $3000
    Set profit taker LMT buy price to: Google 100 shares @ 2000

If yes, please explain how.

Thanks,

2. El_Cubano

El_Cubano

No, You cant place a bracket order (or OCA order as IB calls it) on an already existing order with a hotkey.

You can place a the stop and profit taking orders at the SAME TIME as the initial order that opened the position as a hotkey.

But if say you're already short a stock...and you then want to place a profit taking order and stop order....you cant do it with a hotkey. It needs to be manually sent as a OCA order

3. This is not an existing order. It will be a brand new order but want the order to be bracket Sell with Buy profit taker or Buy with Sell profit taker. Is there a step trace in hot keys or some other method I can do this? Please explain. Thanks.

P.S. It would be a big bonus IF the hotkey can set like 10 points above market price for Sell and then 10 points below market price for Buy (Profit Taker) for example.

[​IMG]

4. El_Cubano

El_Cubano

If you want to do it all in one order...the initiating the position and the stops and profit taking order then yes... you can do it with a hotkey and you can have those order set with predefined dollar or percentage amounts. Look into the hotkey editor. Its right there on how to do it. Did you even look?

5. Yes, got it working - thanks. I see that there is a separate HotKeys under each item like Charts has it's own.

A) For Forex I am able to input all I need except for Destination should be FXConv and it places the order as IDEALPRO only. Maybe this is setup somewhere else (like Forex Presets? I checked there too and couldn't find it). I don't see FXConv inside any of the red marked options.

B) A bracket SELL order with a BUY Profit Taker shows RED line for Sell and Green line for BUY. A HotKey created order of same type shows Sell as RED and Buy as Blue (instead of green color). What does this mean? Is it not same type of Buy as manually done in TWS?

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 10, 2021
  6. As far as I know, bracket orders are blocked due to the expected volatility for equity, F&O, and CDS that is allowed once volatility subsides.

7. That doesn't explain missing FXCONV as it is available in bracket orders and works.