IBKR bill pay

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by cooker, Dec 14, 2020.

1. cooker

cooker

Is the bill pay system down? I try to log in and it tells me to contact customer support.

2. Msiscoe

Msiscoe

Hi. I manage the Bill Pay platform for IBKR. Have you tried switching browsers? Chrome has made some upgrades that will force you into your settings in order to get the platform working. We have found that switching to Firefox eliminates the problem.

3. cooker

cooker

Yes I use Chrome, what are the settings?

4. Msiscoe

Msiscoe

We have tested and found that the issue is with the newer version of Chrome blocking the 3rd party cookies. The work-around in getting it to work: user can go in Chrome Settings -> Privacy and Security -> Click Allow Cookies.

This is not 100%, for whatever reason, the version I use on my home computer, this was not successful. I had to switch to Firefox when using Bill Pay. For a number of Chrome users, however, this did work. Please let me know if it works for you.

5. cooker

cooker

It did not work. I dont want to have to install a new web browser...

6. Msiscoe

Msiscoe

I fully understand. I use Chrome almost exclusively, when Google made this update, I had to switch to Firefox when using bill pay. Is this the first time you've used Chrome to access Bill Pay? There may be one more thing to try with Chrome if it is.

7. cooker

cooker

Chrome has worked for me previously. But i havent tried to log on billpay in a few months.

8. Msiscoe

Msiscoe

Then you and I are in the same boat. The version we are using of Chrome is not allowing us to access a 3rd party site. I know it is not ideal, but it is working in the other browsers. Firefox is preferred.

9. cooker

cooker

Whats the one more thing to try

10. Msiscoe

Msiscoe

If this was your first time using Chrome, I would have suggested going into your settings and make sure you are allowing Cross Scripting, but since you said it was working before, that was probably done already.

#10     Dec 15, 2020