IB, you really suck...

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by lindq, Dec 15, 2020.

1. lindq

lindq

15 years with this company, and they can't answer the phone or online chat.

This is a 22 BILLION dollar company, and they can't add customer service reps?

Absolutely no excuse.

Dicer, VPhantom, TradeTune and 6 others like this.
  2. rb7

rb7

Ok, so 15 years unsatisfied, and you're still with them???

They must do something that suit you. I can't imagine staying with them for 15 years without any benefits.

3. maxinger

maxinger

My goodness!! For 15 years, you totally failed to look for alternative broker!?!?

Complaining will shorten one's life.
    If you don't change, you will complain for 20, 30, 40, 50..... Years!!!!!!

Absolutely no excuse!!!!!!

There are lots of sponsors cum brokers in ET. Go contact them and stop complaining!!!

I rarely complain because I let other people do the complaining, and I have multiple trading accounts.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2020
    VPhantom, Ninja and rb7 like this.
  4. cesfx

cesfx

It's not so easy to find a broker that offers security and access to all markets exchanges and trading instruments for this cost.
    It would probably be better to discuss alternatives than hoping for a change at ib.

5. lindq

lindq

They do have benefits. Customer service is not on that list. Other brokers have other issues that don't support my trading style. So I put up with them, and bitch once a year.

Dicer, VPhantom, bobbyo_85712 and 6 others like this.
  6. Sig

Sig

It's a $22B company because they attempt to minimally man the company with minimally qualified people and outsource most of the thinking to "The Algorithm". It's their business model. Best thing to do is vote with your feet and eventually they'll be forced to change the business model to something perhaps a bit less profitable but more sustainable.

Zor_Champ likes this.
  7. ZBZB

ZBZB

If you do $400 a week in commission's then ask for key account services and you get priority in the queue.

8. I've never seen anyone saying : "my broker has an amazing customer support :D"
    They are all horrible!
    If you look at my broker's internal forum there are about 20 posts per week complaining about the help desk.

VPhantom likes this.
  9. MarkBrown

MarkBrown

i was just thinking today how much i am enjoying amp's customer support. they are probably the best customer support i have had in the past 20 years. i am a very happy new customer.

VPhantom, They and GuerrillaTrading like this.
  10. Sig

Sig

My broker, Dash, has amazing customer support. I have a personal contact there who always answers the phone or emails immediately, understands what I'm asking, and generally fixes whatever needs to be fixed right away.

Although I have to admit, as I was once an IB customer the bar is pretty low for me:)

#10     Dec 15, 2020
    VPhantom, FSU and guest_trader_1 like this.