ib wants too many documents

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by voltrader1, Jan 28, 2014.

1. 1. Security System Bill
    Statement or Bill for the home Security System (less than 12 months old)
    Not yet received

How am I gonna get an account at IB if i don't have a security system at my house?

2 . Homeowners's or Renter's Policy documents
    Current Homeowners's or Renter's Policy documents or riders. Policy must be currently in effect.
    Not yet received
    Homeowners's or Renter's Policy bill
    Bill for Homeowners's or Renter's Insurance Policy (less than 12 months old)
    Not yet received

Im only 24, and still in school. I live with my parents, how would i provide these also?

2. Bob111

Bob111

why you are asking these questions here? ask IB. i'm pretty sure that you are not only one,who lives with parents.
    what IB is asking- it's a common practice around the world. it's called-Know Your Customer

3. I have an IB account and I had to produce non of those documents.

WTF kind of account are you opening?

Did you lie an say that you owned a home?

4. Bob111

Bob111

probably some guy from overseas. actionzip54 is correct.for US citizen\resident all you need is SSN and about 15 min of time to fill out online application.

5. No. I am a US citizen, 24 years old. Just opening a standard individual margin account.

6. @@##//

@@##//

WTF is a home security system bill lol

7. Brighton

Brighton

Sounds like something used for proof of residence for a library card.

You could try sending a photocopy of that. :p

8. Bob111

Bob111

well. then i don't know how you got into that. SSN and 15 min of my time. that was my experience with IB(i have multiple accounts with them and know procedure well)
    but i open those accounts while ago.
    there is pretty stiff income requirements for margin accounts. you know that,right?
    IMO-nearly impossible to pass w\o lying for 'right after the college average joe'. unless you are Mark Zuckerberg :)

9. Can i PM you?

10. Bob111

Bob111

sure,why not :D

#10     Jan 28, 2014