IB TWS Win7 no installation possible

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by jens11, Apr 11, 2010.

1. jens11

jens11

trying to start the tws40_install.exe results in the follwoing error message

"the version of the file is not compatible with the version of windows you're runing..."

I'm running win7 home premium 64bit wit java 1.6.0_16 32 and 64 bit

does someone know how to solve this

2. tortoise

tortoise

Yes. Dump IB.

3. +1

4. Lesson # 1 for Dummies in trading :

NEVER UPGRADE YOUR TRADER WORKSTATION

Lesson # 2 for Dummies in trading :

NEVER UPGRADE YOUR OPERATING SYSTEM

Lesson # 3 for Dummies in trading :

NEVER TRUST A SOFTWARE DEVELOPER, ESPECIALLY YOUR BROKER'S .

ABOVE ALL NEVER EVER TRUST ANYTHING SAID BY YOUR BROKER'S TECHNICAL SUPPORT

Lesson # 4 for Dummies in trading :

SEND A COPY OF THESE RULES TO YOUR BROKER'S TECHNICAL DEPARTMENT ADDING YOU WILL LEAVE THEM IF ANY UPGRADE IS FORCED UPON CUSTOMERS.

5. Two questions, so your using windows 7 64 bit, make sure you have the newest version of java @ java.com. Second make sure standalone version is installed.

Finally go to the tws shortcut and click properties.
    Change the target to the following by pasting it in. It should work.

C:\Windows\SysWOW64\javaw.exe -cp jts.jar;pluginsupport.jar;hsqldb.jar;jcommon-1.0.12.jar;jfreechart-1.0.9.jar;jhall.jar;other.jar;riskfeed.jar;rss.jar -Dsun.java2d.noddraw=true -Xmx512M jclient/LoginFrame C:\Jts

6. LeeD

LeeD

I actually gained massive benefit from TWS upgrade that added API for finding out when connection between TWS and IB is restored. Very good job on IB part. I am aware there have been a few botched "upgrades" that added more issues than they resolved... but that's something to watch out for with any software. The bottom line is... don't volunteer as beta-tester unless it's a hobby you enjoy.

7. FWIW here is my properties line. I've never had any reason to redirect anything to the WOW emulation subsystem

C:\WINDOWS\system32\javaw.exe -cp jts.jar;pluginsupport.jar;hsqldb.jar;jcommon-1.0.12.jar;jfreechart-1.0.9.jar;jhall.jar;other.jar;riskfeed.jar;rss.jar -Dsun.java2d.noddraw=true -Xmx512M jclient/LoginFrame C:\Jts

The line above works on JVM 1.6.0_19 64 bit server VM, which is what I automatically got when installing the latest JVM.

Q Kalparker: why would you use WOW emulation?

8. What do you mean, i thought i was using java 64 bit. Or is there a better way to run it? I'm running 64 bit windows 7.

9. bgp

bgp

win7 64 bit is compatible with I.B. i have it.

bp

#10     Apr 11, 2010