IB TWS limit of 3 level II/Time and Sales

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by 3acor, Sep 3, 2018.

1. 3acor

3acor Guest

Hey guys,

I am currently using TWS platform and it only allows a max of 3 level II.

Any idea on how to get more than that? Did you guys try the Quote Booster and does it work ? Thanks

2. tommcginnis

tommcginnis

I *vaguely* recall T&S to be linked to BookTrader, which has a TWS limit of 3 open windows.

So, it's likely a TWS thing, not an IB thing. :(

Last edited: Sep 3, 2018
  3. IB have a nice customer support.
    Open a ticket and wait for the answer !

tommcginnis likes this.
  4. Robert Morse

Robert Morse Sponsor

If TWS does not meet your needs, you can take a look at Silexx OEMS. Silexx is third party software that we offer that is also certified with IB. They have no hard limit on L2 windows. Market is not open so I did not fill each with symbols.

upload_2018-9-3_11-20-29.png

5. 3acor

3acor Guest

Whats the price?

6. Robert Morse

Robert Morse Sponsor

7. Read IBs description on this here.

https://www.interactivebrokers.com/en/index.php?f=14193&ns=T#market-data-fees
    The number of symbols that can be viewed simultaneously via the TWS deep book windows (including BookTrader, Market Depth and ISW) is determined as follows: one unique symbol for every 100 allowed lines of market data, with a minimum of three and a maximum of 60.

Basically you get 3 L2 data sources at any one time, and you can get more based on account value (1/$M, so $4M+ helps), trading a lot (over $2400 in prior monthly commissions, each $800 gets 1 more), or paying $30 each/month for quote boosters.

In short, you’ll never get lots of L2 data, say for API use, but if you’re active or you’re willing to pay a bit for it until you are, you can get a few more live L2 windows. I would not have more L2 windows open than you have data permissions for - it can get weird about which one isn’t getting live market data.

tommcginnis likes this.
  8. FSU

FSU

9. 3acor

3acor Guest

Alright thanks. I contaced IB, they said every Quote Booster gives you 1 extra Level II. So you need 30$/month for 1 extra level II. I will try it tomorrow and let you know

tommcginnis likes this.
  10. 3acor

3acor Guest

#10     Sep 3, 2018