IB Shorts

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by JORGE, Mar 13, 2007.

1. JORGE

JORGE

Has anyone else experienced a sudden unavailabe short problem with IB? Stocks I've been trading all day ie: GOOG, LEH, MER are no longer shortable.

2. range

range

Me too. The only stock I could find in a minute of searching that was shortable was QQQQ. Many. many stocks not shortable.

3. JORGE

JORGE

I just went through 20 different stocks that are available according to the IB home page, and I couldn't short any of them.

4. Cruzan

Cruzan

If by this you mean that if you, say, go into TWS and put in a short stop limit order on a stock, that the software doesn't reject as outside your margin, etc., and that when the stock reaches your limit price on an uptick, nothing happens -- there's no execution, message, change of status color, just nothing. And this happens multiple times as the stock makes up and down passes through your limit price without execution -- well then, yes, this has happened to me today on multiple execution attempts, the last one would have put me up about $3000 at the moment had it executed.

5. I just tried shorting 40 broker related stocks and not ONE was available! Keep getting blue status bar!

Something smells!

6. JORGE

JORGE

What I mean is that I went through my TWS and put in sell orders a few cents above on 20 different stocks and I got a solid blue in the status line for every trade. All of these stocks are on their list of shortable stocks. This fuckn sucks!

7. Cruzan

Cruzan

Also solid blue status here. And as I wistfully look at money that might've been mine it's now up to $4000.

8. JORGE

JORGE

Yeah, I was trying to enter short trades on GOOG, LEH and MER a few minutes before they fell apart.

9. Jorge cause there shorting them all themselves .

10. JORGE

JORGE

#10     Mar 13, 2007