Home > Brokerage Firms > Retail Brokers > IB Quotes for ZB Froze During and After FED Annoucement

IB Quotes for ZB Froze During and After FED Annoucement

1. What the heck happened with IB when the FED announced?

There were no quotes whatsoever for ZB for a period of 5minutes!! My charting program was moving so there were trades going through, but there were none on TWS.

IB, this is unacceptable!!!

What is going on???

2. Still no quotes, and it's now 11:24am PST, 9minutes after FED announcement.

WHAT IS HAPPENING, IB???

3. Also with YM. It is always like this with IB at FEd announcement. Sucks.

4. It´s the usual ECBOT special effect ...

:D

5. What a shame.. What a shame.... STILL DOWN.. Thank god they're my backup, but makes me wonder... bad backup :D

6. This has happened TOO many times during fast markets, with no IB remedy.

If it happens again, I'm gone to Trade Station.

Case closed.

saxon

7. We were up and running. Anyone who wants a free 30 day trial of our platform and FCM we will not charge you the $400 minimum for the first month. We will just give you the regular .55 clearing fees. We do have a demo that you can try.

I know this is a cheap place to plug but I had to do it.

Rich

8. was rock solid as usual and didn't miss a beat!

:)

9. TradeStation kicking butt lately - Version 8 is extremely solid. Plus, the software doesn't look like it's been written by kindergarteners.

10. TradeStation 7.2 made it through without any bumps!

11. prices were fine but

for some reason the prices on ECBOT disappeared briefly
    then reappeared on my IB TWS standalone version

12. One time too many. Too much money on the line. :mad:

INVEST IN BUILDING OUT THE PLATFORM or something.. damn!

-c

13. does not have to trade around these announcements

or one can get a back up broker if needed

14. Yep, both YM and ZN were blank. And I knew I wanted to get in for that last bounce.

But I didn't see prices for so long I was afraid to get in.

Oh well. It has been the same story for me on each Fed announcement. Can never catch the big moves. To add insult to injury, lost a little. Not much. Luckily had tight stops. Could have been worse..

15. You're right. Oh f*cking well :mad:

16. Exactly. This has gone on and on and on. IB AIN'T gonna fix it. Moral to the story: Just as Seth points out.

17. with YM, but other emini quotes were fine...

18. I never quite understood what all the complaining was about since I don't usually trade through announcements, but since I was long dia I payed close attention today. It was pretty bad I must have been without ecbot quotes for at least 20 minutes (I had tradestation running side by side so it wasn't devastating or anything, mainly left me thankful that I had decided to play the announcements with the etf)

-doji

19. forget it fellow trader........ ecbot feed to ib is totally crap for ALL economic announcements.the simple fact...sorry...

20. Yes I don't trade when the announcement is just about to come out or right after it, but 14 minutes AFTER the announcement and still no quotes? C'mon!

That is still unacceptable.:mad:

21. Kept losing the YM quotes in TWS. On top of that, Ninja Trader was having server problems, so I couldn't use it either. My Esignal quotes were fine, so I used them to make the trades in TWS. The orders were stillgoing through, just no quotes, which is a scary feeling.

I don't usually trade around the announcement-time, but caught a couple moves after things settled down. Managed to short Ym at 360 after the HOD, and rode it down to 300. That felt gooooooood! :p