IB + Quantower quality ? Speed?

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by Bizmark, Mar 25, 2021.

1. Bizmark

Bizmark

Anyone using IB + Quantower for stocks.

How is the feed quality for LII, does it work, fast, not glitches ?

Please let me know your experience if you are using this and what limitations could pop up.

If this can keep up with DAS + IB , I would love to know.

Thanks.

2. ZBZB

ZBZB

Try the free version.

3. Bizmark

Bizmark

Has anyone tried it with the IB Feed; moving accounts is painful want to know if it works first.

Also are they legit, its a lot of trust they have with all they keys.

Let's please hear from someone who tried with experience, anyone?

Thanks.

4. T441

T441

I ve found Quantower very resource hungry. 1 copy of SierraChart with 1 copy of Quantower and if I try to open anything else I get a not enough available memory warning, 8 gb fitted. Same machine runs 2 copies of SierraChart and TWS no problem.

5. AbbotAle

AbbotAle

T4, I checked the program out last month and I ran into similar problems.

I've got loads of Ram and a fast chip.

6. Not bad for a cost free platform. The only disadvantage i see is that your only can use 2 or 3 indicators at one time. But you can open different order tickets, each for one stock. I didn´t use level 2.

7. Bizmark

Bizmark

T44, Have you tried QT interactive brokers feed for LII stocks ?

8. T441

T441

No, not tried that

9. What i noticed is that QT loads the charts very quickly from IB. I think much faster than Ninja or Motivewave. The backfill for a 2minute chart with data of the last 10 days happens instantaneously. What i also like is that QT has the TD Sequential and hour pivot points included. But you only can use two indicators at the same time with the free version. And VWAP is also not available with the free version

10. I have 16 GB ram and had no problems running QT. Orders get executed instantly. I didn´t notice any delay.

#10     Mar 29, 2021