IB increases margins on TSLA

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by qlai, May 29, 2019.

1. qlai

qlai

2. Lots of margin calls for bag holders

3. Robert Morse

Robert Morse Sponsor

upload_2019-5-29_17-10-42.png
    Not us.

kmiklas likes this.
  4. %%
    That is real strange; its such a good downtrend/fundamentals technicals.

With all due respect to IBKR+ i hate to disagree with them - so i will not.Good thing its so gradual;most likley IBKR is thinking of crook Musk's war with the shorts ,so even if its an IBKR error-better safe than sorry??:caution::caution: Thats even more bearish, if a short rally/50% off sale is the only up upticks that $40 million SEC fined co has LOL??

5. What if the selloff was due to margin calls, not short sellers? If IB saw a disproportionate amount of that, this is the sensible thing to do.

murray t turtle likes this.
  6. I thought IB already charges for exposures fees. Is there an exchange stat for margin buying similar to short interests?

7. Somewhat; I saw a WSJchart, over 50 days ago+ NYSE margin debt/S&p500, the selloff is overdue on that count LOL. That is about the only thing technical slightly bullish I've seen on TSLA@ all, past 200days.Im not short TSLA now;but when you see a crook ceo try to blame game shorts; I think of $40,000,000 SEC fine again LOL:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

8. Are you sure you're not short lol

9. Robert Morse

Robert Morse Sponsor

As much as I enjoy pointing out the flaws with the IB offering, even though I have a number of IB account there with LVX, it is fair to point out that as the stock has dropped, IVOL has increased. The OCC expects brokers to increase requirements for stocks with higher vols. I expect that it is really just that simple.

upload_2019-5-29_20-29-28.png

10. qlai

qlai

Robert, during the financial crisis(or even tech bubble), I don't recall reading anything about margin requirements being raised. If every broker starts raising margin requirements when market falls, isn't that going to snowball into outright panic?

#10     May 29, 2019