IB Fixed vs Tiered pricing - which is better for my case?

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by kcgoogler, Aug 10, 2015.

1. Hello all,

I tried searching and reading up as well as comparing based on what is currently posted; but would like to see what the good folks here on ET think.

Which of the tiered vs fixed commision structure is better for my current trading style; where i am trading both stocks and options on stocks (ETFs mostly), and ES futures and options on ES futures. Typically i scale in and out of my positions; so size for futures and future options is typically from 1 to 2; for stocks anywhere from 100-200 share lots (even if i have to get into or out of a bigger position i typically scale out using this size). Think 20 to 30 trades per day.

PS: Just yesterday i changed my structure from tiered to fixed for futures; and left it at fixed in stock - but i am not seeing any change. So maybe i am missing something or maybe the changes have'nt been in effect yet. Hence the question..

thanks in advance!

-gariki

2. and usually all on limit prices - either between the market or just around; so adding liquidity mostly if it matters.

3. xandman

xandman