IB fees too expensive for Australia and Japan

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by abnormal, Apr 12, 2018.

1. abnormal

abnormal

Possible that there are no ceilings on commissions in these 2 markets?

can you suggest me a competitor?

2. zdreg

zdreg

are you sure that you are not mixing up commissions and fees imposed by the exchanges?

3. rb7

rb7

What type of 'fees' are you referring to?

4. zdreg

zdreg

just a guess.

5. abnormal

abnormal

tiered 0,05%+fees of exchanges

fixed:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

tiered:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

moving about a value of 1/2 million dollars i pay a lot of commissions a day. I trade in lots of around 100k $

6. zdreg

zdreg

.0005 sounds reasonable. I doubt you will do better unless you are working for a co.

7. d08

d08

It's per trade value, not per share. Comes out to quite a bit more.

8. zdreg

zdreg

I understand. the quite a bit more depends if you are trading very high price stocks vs. avg. priced stock, for example say in $US -whether it is $100+ vs. $15 price of the stock.

9. abnormal

abnormal

In Europe we have the best commissions (as a structure). We have brokers who make us trade from 0-500,000 euros with 1.5 euros commission. Italian stock exchange requires only € 0.4.

Having said that, do you have any advice for meernational broker to trade on australia and japan?

Does Nomura offer access to ratail? do you know their commissions?

10. JackRab

JackRab

I think IB would still be amongst the cheapest. Australia is generally expensive because of all kinds of regulations and red tape shite... Don't know about Japan.
    I mainly trade futures... SPI (asx200) is also double the cost of other futures.

Do you only trade stocks? 800+ Aud for a 500k round trip is a bit much indeed.... adds up in daytrading.

#10     Apr 12, 2018