IB account opening

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by webbma, Nov 13, 2008.

1. webbma

webbma

So...i filled out the application at IB for an individual LLC account on 10/31. Submitted all necessary documents on 11/3. At that time was told 1-3 business days to get account approval. As of now I am still waiting (9 business days later). I contact them and get the same form email back saying that accounts are reviewed in the order they are received and can't give a specific time for approval. Is this normal? It seems like an awful long time to wait to get an account open.

2. Welcome to the wonderful world of IB customer support.

3. webbma

webbma

absolutely brutal! I'm the customer but it sure doesn't feel that way. Trying to avoid going to tradestation b/c I like IB better, but I may be forced to b/c I don't want to wait any longer.

4. JoetNY

JoetNY

Hi, just wondering how long it took in total (business days) for IB to open your account and let you start trading live. I am assuming it is an "Individual" account? Thanks.

5. webbma

webbma

i withdrew the application. I decided to use another broker. I got way to aggrevated with the IB process and customer service. It was absolutely horrible. Never able to speak to anyone live the was helpful was extremely frustrating to me. I don't care how good their platform is and it can't be much better or different from most others the aggrevation in dealing with them is not worth it to me. I am the customer and it sure didn't feel that way.

6. JoetNY

JoetNY

Thanks for the info, which platform did you finally settle on? By the way, you were opening a LLC account instead of personal account, that might be why it took longer there? IB seems to be offering one of the lowest commission rates out there for stocks and futures. Did you find another platform (which is not futures-only) which has lower commissions?

7. What company is better than IB?