I won’t be voting for the president again, says Ohio farmer who backed Trump in 2016

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Nighthawk, Aug 9, 2019.

1. Nighthawk

Nighthawk

“I couldn’t vote for him. I have to protect my business,” Gribbs said on “The Exchange. ”

The Ohio farmer voted for Trump in the 2016 election along with more than 75% of rural voters in the farm belt.

“I was a Trump voter. I voted for the president,” he said.

Now Gribbs is pushing back against Trump’s trade policies and the retaliatory effects on American agriculture.

“It certainly frustrates me. ... He’s lost on trade in three different ways,” Gribbs said when speaking about how the president has disappointed him on trade deals.

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/08/08/i-wont-be-voting-for-the-president-again-says-ohio-farmer.html

Reality sinks in. Yet, Trump is creator of volatility. And I love vola! :D:D:D

Tony Stark and nooby_mcnoob like this.
  2. Trump hasn't created enough volatility yet, what are you talking about.

3. tomorton

tomorton

Trade wars mean less trade.

More trade means more wealth, more peace, more food, more democracy, more health, more education, more liberty.

Seems a bit one-sided...

4. I'd certainly hate for anyone anywhere to have to experience the slightest bit of upset when Trump is trying to correct 30 years of bad trade policy.

I suppose this farmer would prefer socialized medicine, another few million third world migrants every year and a ban on guns appropriate for home defense, because that's what the dems are offering.

DTB2, Snarkhund, volpri and 4 others like this.
  5. Be patient . . . . . the currency war in coming .

Trump flirts with currency war in escalating conflict with China

President Donald Trump on Thursday took a step closer to sparking a currency war in the escalating conflict with China, saying he is not happy with the strong US dollar.

Trump has pursued a policy of maximum pressure, including subjecting all Chinese goods to punitive tariffs as of September 1, and accusing Beijing of manipulating its currency to gain a competitive edge.

In a move that breaks with decades of US policy, Trump seemed to call for a weaker dollar to help American companies compete.

“As your President, one would think that I would be thrilled with our very strong dollar. I am not!” he said on Twitter.

“The Fed’s high interest rate level, in comparison to other countries, is keeping the dollar high, making it more difficult for our great manufacturers like Caterpillar, Boeing, … John Deere, our car companies, & others, to compete on a level playing field
    Economists roundly criticized the move, saying Beijing if anything has been intervening in currency markets to keep the yuan from falling further in the face of an economic slowdown and the uncertainty created by Trump’s trade war.

“Labeling China as a manipulator is totally fallacious. They are not manipulating,” said C. Fred Bergsten, founder of the Peterson Institute of International Economics.

6. smallfil

smallfil

Yeah, good luck with that! Does the farmer think the Chinese will pay him more or less for his soybeans if China were to win the trade war? Will the Chinese provide more high paying jobs for US citizens? Will the Chinese if they manage to control the US economy, not manipulate prices to suit them? Hell, if the Chinese get their way, everyone in the US would be their slaves, working for slave labor wages! Remember the Chinese already pay slave labor wages to their own citizens. Do you think they will treat Americans better? Why would they?

volpri likes this.
  7. elderado

elderado

He's probably just pissy about the Happy Meals toys from McDonald's getting more expensive.

Can't see the forest through the trees.

smallfil likes this.
  8. @FreeBeacon 13h13 hours ago

MSNBC Contributor Calls For ‘Pitchforks And Torches’ Outside of Trump Supporting Billionaire’s House https://freebeacon.com/politics/msnbc-contributor-calls-for-pitchforks-and-torches-outside-of-trump-supporting-billionaires-house/…

Ryan James Girdusky‏Verified account@RyanGirdusky 11h11 hours ago

Ryan James Girdusky Retweeted Free Beacon

Even more insane, @chrislhayes talks about the peaceful protests outside Mitch McConnell's house... at that protest one person yelled "stab that motherf**ker in the heart" https://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2019/08/06/protestors_outside_mitch_mcconnells_house_stab_the_motherfcker_in_the_heart.html…

Maybe it will all be ok once these people are in power. As long as you keep your head down, mouth shut and don't participate in politics, you'll probably be fine. Of course, if you are a white male the job situation might be a little tough for you but the rich white pols running for president on the dem side have to do something to atone for all your racism.

LacesOut likes this.
  9. Nighthawk

Nighthawk

You want more vola? -20% last year in December wasn´t enough? :sneaky:

10. elderado

elderado