I only need margin financing - frustration

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by lukas, Jun 28, 2017.

1. lukas

lukas Guest

I am looking for a firm which would facilitate a structure in which I deposit the "risk money" with the firm to cover any initial drawdown/losses and technology costs, and the firm provides me with a set maximum position size in specified products in futures markets.

Is that not a fair deal? I believe it is. Virtually no risk to the firm, only profit opportunity with commissions I'd generate or desk fee I'd pay. If so - why the heck is there no one that offers such a deal? I've contacted dozens of potentially interested firms and none of them was ready to agree to these terms.

I have a track record, both real-money from my time in a prop firm a few years ago, and in a simulated X_Trader environment. I just need someone to give me a chance - anyone knows of the best place to look?

Please feel free to send me a private message if you can help. I appreciate your feedback.

2. Robert Morse

Robert Morse Sponsor

Why not just open an account yourself? Do you not have enough capital to meet margin?

murray t turtle likes this.
  3. lukas

lukas Guest

With my risk rules the intraday margin could use up to 70% (usually it is 50%) of the total amount of my funds which are small, leaving 30% for drawdown. Therefore, the money I have is not big enough for me to go this way.

4. Robert Morse

Robert Morse Sponsor

You went from saying your positions have little risk to being concerned about a 30% DD. 70% of SPAN margin is not an issue but the rest does not jive.

Xela, tommcginnis and zdreg like this.
  5. lukas

lukas Guest

I did not say "little" risk. For instance, intraday margin required for ES is $1,500. So, to trade a maximum of 5 contracts I would need to have $7,500 and that needs to constitute 70% of my funds. So, I need to deposit c. $10,715 to trade 5 contracts, which leaves only around $3,200 for a drawdown.

With a firm's backing nearly all $10,715 could be used for drawdowns.

6. Robert Morse

Robert Morse Sponsor

Sorry, I read,"Virtually no risk to the firm." If you are Day-Trading ES contract, I don't see what a prop firm will offer you that you can't get on your own. I can't offer a Futures account with only $10,000, our minimums $25,000, but we can offer up to 25% of SPAN on either Real Tick or CQG. ES initial margins is $4840 or $1210/ES.

No prop firm will let you go into their capital so you get no advantage.

Bob

tommcginnis likes this.
  7. There are firms offering $300 ES margin.

8. Robert Morse

Robert Morse Sponsor

Sorry, but that is just stupid. The lowest I'm seen is $500/ES and that is nuts too. At $300/ES, I wonder what their system does when you lose any money, do they liquidate?

9. Robert> I am not affiliated with any futures brokers and I have no knowledge of their operations.

10. CALLumbus

CALLumbus

Yeah, I think AMP offers 300$ margins on the emini contracts. But if you chose these low margins instead of the regular 500$, the clearing fee per contract goes up from 0.50 $ to 1.00 $. At least thats the info that I have.

#10     Jun 28, 2017