I need a seasonal chart for rough rice

Discussion in 'Commodity Futures' started by triggertrader, Nov 12, 2007.

1. this commodity used to be very illiquid but has picked up open interest much like all the grains have.
    i still cannot find a seasonal chart for this commodity. if anyone has a seasonal chart going back at least 15 seasons for rough rice can you please let me know?
    thanks.

2. trigger

check out www.spectrumcommodities.com they have seasonal charts on just about everything for free and I bet they have rough rice.

3. maolman

maolman

WOW! Great site, yt! That is a FULL and UP-TO-DATE SET of MRCI's 5/15-year Seasonal Charts for ALL futures/commodities they cover! Sadly, they do NOT cover the Rough Rice the OP is looking for.

Thanks for the link and, BTW, thanks for your great first-hand insights on your trade journal. You may be young, but one can easily see that you've been paying attention while growing up in Iowa (I THINK that's what it was). Keep trading -- but don't overload :D :D :D

---

Mike Collier
    Oak Harbor, WA

4. They don't have RR. It's busting out above it's 10 yr high.

That's some high pliced lice!

5. i know about that site. they DONT have a seasonal chart for rough rice.

6. spectrumcommodities is an old outdated seasonal charting site. the seasonals only go up to 1999. here is a better site.
    http://64.233.169.104/search?q=cach...rts&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=3&gl=us&client=firefox-a
    now maybe someone can help me find a rough rice seasonal chart? anyone here have genesis software?
    thanks.

7. From just looking at monthly charts, the seaonal tendency is for rice to bottom out during Winter/Spring, rally into the Summer and then decline into Winter/Spring all over again. Contra-seasonal rallies, the condition that seems to be taking place now, seem to be re-traced quickly. $12 rice is a price that doesn't last very long. Short-sell it now if you dare.

8. i need some more accurate data. i already know the seasonal tendencies for rough rice. i need an accurate seasonal chart that goes back 15 and 40 years plotted by 2 lines such as the website i shows above has. commodity trading is short term. there are seasonal peaks and valleys within winter spring and summer. that is too much of a window. i have no idea why a seasonal chart cannot be found. i even found some for pork bellies and lumber which are very illiquid.

9. maolman

maolman

Thanks for the heads up on Spectrum. FuturesBuzz is now subscription only, so I checked out ScarrTrading, which I found has now ALSO finally gone to subscription only. Additionally, I also found out that Scarr doesn't currently cover RR, but Time & Timing DOES!

Maybe you need to consider a subscription to MRCI? If not, maybe you can get this chart by trying their one-time 30-day FREE full-capability account demo. Time & Timing ALSO has a FREE one-time 30-day full-capability account demo, so you might get it there, too.

HOWEVER --

I have THE solution to your problem -- PLEASE CHECK YOUR PMs!!! :D :D :D :cool: :cool:

---

Mike Collier
    Oak Harbor, WA

10. bolter

bolter

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Enjoy,
    bolter

#10     Nov 14, 2007